• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't forget that at all, I just didn't address it because Gen 1 was atypical in every possible way. It was the first generation, Gen 2 was delayed, Pokemon were commissioned by the anime to appear in episodes and films... a lot of factors made Gen 1 not a good reference for pokemon premiering ahead of their generation.
Maye you're right. But it was cool to see Ho-oh and Togepi way before there generation .We knew nothing about them until gold and silver came out. It was awesome and it would be cool if they do something like that again.

The clone ball reminds me of this Yu-Gi-Oh! card.
latest

Did they look that way in the original movie?

@a230 Well, people knew Gen II was coming since at least the debut of the Pokémon anime, seeing how the first things they showed us from Gen II are from April 1997, the same month the anime began. The weird thing for me is, why didn't they use Ampharos and Slowking at the time since they were, along with Donphan and Ho-Oh, the first Pokémon to be revealed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

I wonder, with the anime closing up and two movies releasing this year, will they opt to give us a bunch of fun pokemon reveals to spot in various places, or are they going to wham us with trailers just spoiling most of the pokedex again? After the Meltan reveal, I would be really disappointed if they just handed us everything once again instead of going with more exciting reveal tactics.

Oh please not the UK thing again... St. Patrick's Day is an Irish holiday. XP

And Northern Ireland is part of the UK.

It's not a good idea to say that Ireland is part of the UK.
And it's not a good idea to say that Northern Ireland isn't.
But, Ireland is its own separate thing and they tend to not like it when they are depicted as being part of the UK.
Northern Ireland is its own thing and they tend to not like it when they are depicted as being part of the Republic of Ireland.

The clone ball reminds me of this Yu-Gi-Oh! card.
latest
I just saw the tweet and was immediately hit with Millenium Eye vibes.
3C3B3AF2-B676-4CA0-81E3-A9C291E9B5D9.png
7AF1F380-1089-4931-903D-C1DA3367E497.jpeg
imagine that we can actually clone pokemon with clone ball in gen 8 or imagine the new team do it
I myself wouldn’t mind some kind of Variant of the Kanto starters which look like the Clones and they’re obtained in Clone Balls, like how Mythicals are kept in Cherish Balls, at the very least.

That being said I wonder if the Kanto Starter Clones will still look different in the remake, it’d be nice if they gave them a few more alterations like how Blastoisetwo has triangular points on his cannons.
7CDE4B81-0403-43B1-879C-389A9E15F6D4.jpeg

Maye you're right. But it was cool to see Ho-oh and Togepi way before there generation .We knew nothing about them until gold and silver came out. It was awesome and it would be cool if they do something like that again.
Actually Ho-oh has been seen way before any generation, even the first one XD

You mean like announcing the titles and then disappear for three months? Please no. I hope they learned that's a frustrating way of announcing stuff.

Frustrating, I agree, but I can still see it happening. I can imagine the arguments, as GameFreak insists that they're aiming for a November 2019 release, that six months of official teaser videos is more than enough, and that in the meantime we should all just enjoy Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee.

And Northern Ireland is part of the UK.
My point being that it's so associated with specifically Ireland that it's not particularly connected to the UK as a whole. Treating St. Patrick's day as though it has a major link to the United Kingdom when it's mostly tied to a fraction of it... might as well be looking at holiday pictures and only focusing on Pikachu holding a sceptre again.

I think it's pretty likely that the detective pikachu movie will be used to reveal a new pokemon. Not a reveal in the sense that said pokemon will be important to the movie or anything, but just as a cameo or brief appearance. Pokemon is the biggest media franchise in the world and they know a lot of people will be watching the movie. Given how creative Meltan's reveal was, it wouldn't surprise me if they used the movie in a similar manner , as a reveal that doubles as a sort of community event.
the removed listings included a mystery plush that was part of detective pikachu promo, taken down for "unknown reasons". To me it sounds like maybe they plan on having a pokemon make it's first appearance in the movie and didn't want the surprise to be spoiled beforehand

My point being that it's so associated with specifically Ireland that it's not particularly connected to the UK as a whole. Treating St. Patrick's day as though it has a major link to the United Kingdom when it's mostly tied to a fraction of it... might as well be looking at holiday pictures and only focusing on Pikachu holding a sceptre again.

That's incredibly disrespectful, Northern Ireland, its people and its culture are integral parts of the "United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland"
The four patron saints of the United Kingdom are St George, St Andrew, St David, and St Patrick.
The cross of St Patrick is also featured prominently in the Union flag.
So yes St Patrick is significant and is not the sole preserve of the Republic of Ireland.
Please take more care in what you post so as to avoid insulting entire communities.

So ignoring that...

What opportunities do we have for pokemon reveals? We've got the anime, the Mewtwo movie, the Detective Pikachu movie...

Probably won't get another Pokemon GO reveal again, since they're so many generations behind and we already got their GO-specific snowflake.

I think one of the more interesting reveals of last gen was Mareanie featured on the TCG box, but that's so obviously a slip up that I don't think it would ever be done again intentionally.

So ignoring that...

What opportunities do we have for pokemon reveals? We've got the anime, the Mewtwo movie, the Detective Pikachu movie...

Probably won't get another Pokemon GO reveal again, since they're so many generations behind and we already got their GO-specific snowflake.

I think one of the more interesting reveals of last gen was Mareanie featured on the TCG box, but that's so obviously a slip up that I don't think it would ever be done again intentionally.

If it wasn't for the datamine reavealing Mareanie before the TCG slip up, it would have been rad.
I did like how the starter evolutions were revealed in a TCG starter set before their official reveal as well.

If it wasn't for the datamine reavealing Mareanie before the TCG slip up, it would have been rad.
I did like how the starter evolutions were revealed in a TCG starter set before their official reveal as well.
I seem to recall the TCG slip up coming before the datamine. D= Granted, they happened within days of each other, too.

So ignoring that...

You are being incredibly rude. Northern Ireland is home to 1.8 million people, that's more than 13 US states and DC.
Perhaps you don't know the make up and history of the UK that's fine you're not expected to, but to flippantly dismiss it and those who try to make you aware of the situation portrays the image that you are deliberately seeking to be offensive.

Defiant is absolutely correct. Its clear people dont know their history or geography at all. If you are not from the united kingdom or Ireland itself, please do not speak on this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom