• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

I want to see more villain characters in Smash, like we already have Bowser Jr. as well as the Koopalings, Bowser, Ganondorf, King K. Rool and Ridley, I'm not sure if King Dedede and Meta Knight count as villains, but compare that number to the number of protagonists in Smash, it's still small regardless, many other crossover games have so many more playable villains than Smash did, with Piranha Plant coming later, I wonder if they can make a playable Octarian in Smash, my pick would be an Octotrooper or its Twintacle cousin. After seeing how Piranha Plant became a playable character, I don't see why not. I mean, having a third Splatoon rep in the franchise's debut Smash game isn't such a bad idea.
You know, I know there's almost no chance of this happening, but you gave me an idea: What if the hypothetical DQ character is the Dragonlord and not Erdrick? That way we would have an spellcaster and a villain.

It came to my mind because I remembered that every time a character from DQ1 had to cameo somewhere, it was him, not Erdrick (unless you count Erdrick's armor as a cameo). Then again, DQ1 only had like three named characters, so there's little they can do with them.

I want to see more villain characters in Smash, like we already have Bowser Jr. as well as the Koopalings, Bowser, Ganondorf, King K. Rool and Ridley, I'm not sure if King Dedede and Meta Knight count as villains.

You forgot Wario.

King Dedede is a villain, the several slew of games where King Dedede joins Kirby makes overshadows when he was the villain. Kirby Battle Royale briefly put him back in the role of villain as well. Meta Knight was never a villain, just a boss working under Dedede.

You forgot Wario.

King Dedede is a villain, the several slew of games where King Dedede joins Kirby makes overshadows when he was the villain. Kirby Battle Royale briefly put him back in the role of villain as well. Meta Knight was never a villain, just a boss working under Dedede.
Meta Knight only worked for him in Kirby's Adventure/Nightmare in Dream Land. After that, he is an independent, err, neutral character I think.

Because they are the main characters? If I recall correctly*, from Fire Emblem the only main characters that don't use a sword are Ephraim (lances) and Hector (axes).
There's also Micaiah from Radiant Dawn who's a mage, she's pretty much the protagonist in the first part of the game, but is overall the second main protag throughout.

But yeah FE representation in Smash as a whole is pretty much gonna be mostly sword users/use a sword as one of their primary weapons. I love the FE characters we have in now don't get me wrong (and admittedly, there are other FE characters I want in that do use swords), but I really want Ephraim in to be the lance user. I also want characters like Python, Shinon, Lethe, Caeda, Nanna, Seth, Myrrh, Gaius, Finn, etc. but I know they'll never make it lol. I'm also still hoping for Soren to get in but I doubt he'll ever get in as well, I just want Ike's closest friend to fight along with him.

I mean you can't say that about all competitive players, while I don't have an account on SmashBoards most of them over there aren't all just "No Items, Fox Only, Final Destination" and most discussions are no different from this thread as well, they also give out decent tips and advice for certain characters if you're wanting to at least better yourself with said character. (not necessarily just for competitive play either)

Can't speak for GameFAQs though as I've never really bothered to go over there.

Am I the only one here who prefers listening to music or taking lots of silly pictures in Smash?
No, lot's of people enjoy the music in Smash due to the variety of it. Not to mention there's quite a few folks that like taking snapshots and sharing them too. I have yet to take any though, I wanna take some of characters wearing the bunny hood and tanuki leaf lol.

Edit: If you wanna share some of your snapshots go ahead, no one's stopping you.

First, here’s all the fighters I’ve gotten thus far.

DxeXvgvVAAAjtL6

First, here’s all the fighters I’ve gotten thus far.

DxeXvgvVAAAjtL6
I have to applaud your diligence in classic mode completion. I did it with just my favorites, then whatever characters were necessary to complete blocks on the challenges page, and haven't touched it since. Lol I don't have that kind of dedication.

I have to applaud your diligence in classic mode completion. I did it with just my favorites, then whatever characters were necessary to complete blocks on the challenges page, and haven't touched it since. Lol I don't have that kind of dedication.
Every time I unlock someone, I ALWAYS head to Classic mode with that character. I’ve even used up all my tickets to get more goodies.

I mean you can't say that about all competitive players, while I don't have an account on SmashBoards most of them over there aren't all just "No Items, Fox Only, Final Destination" and most discussions are no different from this thread as well, they also give out decent tips and advice for certain characters if you're wanting to at least better yourself with said character. (not necessarily just for competitive play either)

Can't speak for GameFAQs though as I've never really bothered to go over there.
Okay, I understand that, but sadly that has been my experience with competitive players, seeing how they (the ones I met) acted like stages having gimmicks is bad or that only Omega/Battlefield mode counts, or that they judge characters only based on tiers, ignoring everything else, or think that Melee is the best game ever and every single Smash should be Melee in HD. You know, "stop having fun" guys.

Sadly, the Melee thing is not so much a hyperbole, since the last tournament I checked, only five people didn't use Fox, and of those five one used Falco. The Ultimate tournament was way more varied with around twenty different characters.

And by the way, don't go to GameFAQs boards. Unless you are asking a small and simple question, you are going to attract hate. Specially if you have an unpopular opinion, like saying Brawl was the best game.

I guess it depends on where you go then for Smash info, but yeah nobody likes elitists which seems to be what your encounters with certain competitive players are. A lot of the competitive players I've met online, and two I know personally, don't like those kinds of people either since they give the nice and cool players a bad name sadly.

Besides Fox though, I know some play Marth, Peach, and iirc Bowser (of course other characters too, just mentioning ones I've mostly seen used), but yeah Fox has quite a bit going for him in Melee from what I've been told.

Back
Top Bottom