• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s just another person jumping on the UK bandwagon.

Nothing to see here.
Have you seen the video? Is ready to give 500$ and all the money that the video will make if he is wrong.

Have you seen the video? Is ready to give 500$ and all the money that the video will make if he is wrong.
Means nothing. It’s just a promo to get more people to subscribe to his channel. It’s a tactic to make him seem more credible.

And all of the things he was “sure of” in the video like Incineroar in Smash were rumored to death. Gen 8 based on the UK is another one of them.

He’s just another youtuber piggybacking off everyone else.

Well, the countdown doesn't exist then, since Gen 8 is most likely going to be announced sometime in the first quarter.
I think we knew that the countdown wasn't for an announcement anyway? None of the possible dates made sense for one.

It still could be a countdown to something though, so I think I'm gonna add it to my dates list as something to check back in on later. But really, at this point, we can just ignore it until June- by then we'll have had an announcement and whatever it's counting for (if it is counting for anything) will probably be revealed during or right after E3 anyway.

That or he won't give the money up at all and just pretend that never happened.
For the anime, I'm hoping that the male player will be Ash's next companion.
I sure hope not, since having the female PC in the anime is basically the only time they get real acknowledgement in the series what with the canon hero apparently being the male protagonist every time if the Generations videos are anything to go by. :|

He is gonna lose all the money. If something was coming tomorrow, we would have already known.
You haven't watch the video right? I did not said that something is coming tomorrow.

he didn't promise anything for tomorrow

I agree with it probably just being a tactic to gain subs. Duncan's pretty known to pull loudmouth antics for the sake of raising viewercount, etc. He seems to be making a huge deal out of it when usually when we get actual leaks, the person leaking doesn't really make huge fanfare over it.

I like the idea of a UK region very, very much but like of ALL the poketubers why would Duncan be the only one to know something?

I know some are casting doubt already, but something tells me this is real, before he said the name of the country, and then when he said the name of the country I actually did a little cheer. I now understand why sporty types get so excited about their countries hosting the olympics or the world cup, I'm so excited about the possibility of my home country and I do hope its the whole country, hosting the Gen 8 Pokemon games, the first main-series games on the Switch!

2BFDF371-B10D-4213-BBB7-A3D726AEA23F.png

I don't even know who this guy is, but does he have any credibility at all? Everyone and their mother has been guessing that gen 8 will be a UK region.

If it's not the UK, I wonder what his reaction will be.
Seriously, what credibility does this guy have? So far I see that he predicted Incineroar (widely speculated) and a "round headed Mario character" like that doesn't vaguely describe most Mario characters.

If the region(s) are still being inspired outside of Japan then the U.K. is really an obvious choice tbh. It may be a little boring or too euro-centric for some taste, but it has a lot of world history/lore to work off of.

I hope when the region is revealed that the basis is obvious to all. Last thing needed is another New York vs Hong Kong flame war from back during the Wottergate era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom