• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

FAQ: Forum Update: Question & Suggestion Thread

animated sprite avatars seem to be broken here. :c

....and pixel art avatars in general.
Fixed.

All avatars now use their original file's size. With max size of 179x280px on a PC.
So all types of avatars are now available, including small ones, gifs & rectangular ones. Even super tall ones are available

The old forum had this star icon next to your alerts to show which ones were new, quite useful if you have a bunch of alert to know where it starts as it also shows the older alerts. It's missing here though.

The old forum had this star icon next to your alerts to show which ones were new, quite useful if you have a bunch of alert to know where it starts as it also shows the older alerts. It's missing here though.
It now shows a bar instead of a star.

Oh, that reminds me... all the way back in the vBulletin version of the forums which I still like better than xenforo, the forums had a gender indicator on the side bar. Is it possible to get this back?
Most likely not, if I remember correctly there were some problems with them.

Site is nigh-unusable on mobile because the notification/menu bar stays on screen, taking up a good half of it, and user's avatars are centered instead of being above the user's name
While the menu bar does take up a portion of the screen I wouldn't say "good half". The reason avatars are to the side are so that they fit better, otherwise the user block would be taking up a lot of space.
Pixel 2 XL form factor: (big phone)

iPhone 5/SE: (small phone)

We're planning on releasing a feature to turn off the sticky menu bar later down the road but that's something we can't release as of now quite yet.

Could the [New] on posts be made a bit more prominent on the Bulbagarden classic theme? It's very easy to miss. Probably a location change or a different colour (please not neon Green though...)?

Is it only me or the avatars seem bigger than before?

Could the [New] on posts be made a bit more prominent on the Bulbagarden classic theme? It's very easy to miss. Probably a location change or a different colour (please not neon Green though...)?

Is it only me or the avatars seem bigger than before?
Avatar max size did indeed increase. I'll ask our art staff to take a look over at the color for that one :)

For some reason, you can no longer easily strike text like this. Is there anything you can do about that?
Could you elaborate? It's become even easier than it used to be o_O?

you have 3 options:
~this would make text strike-through~
[S]this would also make text strike-through[/S]
or you select text and click the strike-through button next to underline & color

What is the max size now?
179px x 280px

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom