• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone else wanting to search again- You can use google to search the Bulbagarden Forums by putting:
Site:forums.bulbagarden.net/(maybe the thread link if you want to be specific) [Whatever you want to search for]
It can search for exact phrases if you type [whatever you want to search for] in quotation marks.
Thank you for that! <3

I just had an idea for the Diamond/Pearl Remakes! What if Darkrai takes us to a special Dream Realm?
I suspect given GameFreak's allergy to retcons, we probably wouldn't see them make such a change to Darkrai. XD But maybe a new pokemon could be introduced for it? I am all for legendaries that can transport you places- would give them more of a point than just being super not-so-special scripted snowflakes.

Speeeeaking of Diamond/Pearl, though... kinda think that they should add some pokemon to the Underground. Pokemon that aren't Zubat. Or Geodude. Or Diglett. Or anything else you can find in a cave above ground. Maybe in specific parts of the Underground so we're not suffering just a much larger cave system (unless overworld pokemon is still a thing, then alright sure- if we can dodge them). It was pretty barren before, so it could use something to spice it up.

I suspect given GameFreak's allergy to retcons, we probably wouldn't see them make such a change to Darkrai. XD But maybe a new pokemon could be introduced for it? I am all for legendaries that can transport you places- would give them more of a point than just being super not-so-special scripted snowflakes.

They wouldn’t really have to retcon anything, it could be a location that appears inside the player's dream as they fall asleep due to Darkrai's nightmares.
It could be the next creepy Lavendar Town kinda place

They wouldn’t really have to retcon anything, it could be a location that appears inside the player's dream as they fall asleep due to Darkrai's nightmares.
It could be the next creepy Lavendar Town kinda place
Isn't that more or less what actually happens when you try to catch it? Or I'm misremembering something? From what I understand of the event, you never left the Canalave Motel, you only dreamed that you went to New Moon Island and (somehow) caught Darkrai there.

Again, correct me if I'm completely wrong. It's late at night and I'm starting to feel tired.

Isn't that more or less what actually happens when you try to catch it? Or I'm misremembering something? From what I understand of the event, you never left the Canalave Motel, you only dreamed that you went to New Moon Island and (somehow) caught Darkrai there.

Again, correct me if I'm completely wrong. It's late at night and I'm starting to feel tired.

Never actually experienced the Darkrai event in person, but I was thinking of a new area unlocked by Darkrai's nightmares which allows us to play a few mini games, and some exploration for post game content.

Yes, that is essentially what happens.

Just reposting info I saw on ResetEra (since the thread is so slow)...

Some people are really confident about a Nintendo Direct happening soon, after the Metroid delay announcement. But also because of the Smash update next week, and the Pokémon Trainer/Snake amiibo.

1548406486-1.jpg

Curiously, we had a Nintendo Direct a few days after the BotW delay announcement, back in 2015 (which coincidentally also released on a Friday, and the Direct took place on the followed Wednesday).

I find it useless to rely exclusively on patterns, with no reason to do so. But I can think of some reasons for a Direct to be appearing soon (I think Metroid announcement may have indicated that, tbh), just didn't think it might necessarily be next week. They can show it at the first week of February, to give a better time for the community to deal with the Metroid bad news.

Although I personally don't believe we'll have the first trailer until late April~early May, I think we can get others news other than the first trailer (like a teaser) on a Nintendo Direct earlier.

Pokémon will be Switch's main launch this year. We've been waiting for news about this game for years now. It would be very weird to exhibit a Direct that supposedly would has the proposal to show the Switch releases of the year and to not talk about this game.

Of course, there may also be a Pokémon Direct after a Nintendo Direct, or something. But I find a Pokémon Direct being shown just to give us a teaser unlikely (the current situation is quite different from that of Sun and Moon. I don't know how the fans would react to that, but I don't feel like it's a good idea or even a possibility).

That said, I don't remember, but king zell had given up on a January Direct? Does anyone remember what he said about?

Late April and early May are too late for a new generation announcement, and I'm not saying this because of confidence, I'm saying this because of Game Freak's marketing habits. They always announce a new generation in the first quarter of the year and not any other.

Isn’t that too late compared to the typical marketing cycle?
Its closer to the level of the third version marketing cycles.
Yeah, but I think if they use live action as the main showcase for the games, it could compensate for that. Like, launching the first trailer the same week or a day before the premiere, and then showing the same trailer in the movie theaters before the movie exhibition. It would be a great move, imo. It's much better everyone gets the hype together. So the thousands of people who will watch the movie and might be interested in the game would see the entire core community commenting on the trailer as well, and would make it easier for them to follow the following trailers and information about.

Yeah, but I think if they use live action as the main showcase for the games, it could compensate for that. Like, launching the first trailer the same week or a day before the premiere, and then showing the same trailer in the movie theaters before the movie exhibition. It would be a great move, imo. It's much better everyone gets the hype together. So the thousands of people who will watch the movie and might be interested in the game would see the entire core community commenting on the trailer as well, and would make it easier for them to follow the following trailers and information about.
I’m sure they’ll use Detective Pikachu to promote gen 8, but I don’t see them holding back the announcement until April or May for that.

At best they’ll sneak in a new Pokemon in the movie.

I’m sure they’ll use Detective Pikachu to promote gen 8, but I don’t see them holding back the announcement until April or May for that.

At best they’ll sneak in a new Pokemon in the movie.

Like @Icy Wind said, the announcement will probably not be withheld for detective Pikachu, which means that the logic for a late April-early May announcement is sketchy at best.

And the previous movies so far have only shown off one-two new Pokemon.
Showing off those few Pokemon will not compensate for the marketing cycle loss caused by delaying announcement to match detective Pikachu.

I'm sure that now, pokemon is the main release of the year for Nintendo. I think we'll get a Nintendo Direct early february with a teaser of pokemon gen 8 at the end, like smash bros did. Then I think ,in april or may, we'll get to see a proper trailer in an other direct or just the trailer alone. And the star of the E3 For Nintendo will be this game like smash last E3 with more than half the time of their E3 presentation. That's where I think we'll get the starter and the legendary. And then, we'll get a bunch of reveal until the release that will be around christmas to be the christmas selling for the switch.

I'm sure that now, pokemon is the main release of the year for Nintendo. I think we'll get a Nintendo Direct early february with a teaser of pokemon gen 8 at the end, like smash bros did. Then I think ,in april or may, we'll get to see a proper trailer in an other direct or just the trailer alone. And the star of the E3 For Nintendo will be this game like smash last E3 with more than half the time of their E3 presentation. That's where I think we'll get the starter and the legendary. And then, we'll get a bunch of reveal until the release that will be around christmas to be the christmas selling for the switch.
More likely that Pokemon will get its own Direct rather than it showing in a Nintendo one.

Like @Icy Wind said, the announcement will probably not be withheld for detective Pikachu, which means that the logic for a late April-early May announcement is sketchy at best.

And the previous movies so far have only shown off one-two new Pokemon.
Showing off those few Pokemon will not compensate for the marketing cycle loss caused by delaying announcement to match detective Pikachu.
In my opinion, there were many reasons for why the game should have been announced in early January. The fact that it wasn't announced was one of the main reasons that led me to believe they were holding it to make a huge promotional action with the live action.

I understand and respect your opinion (it's more believable), but there are many reasons why I believe this (I've said them all on previous pages). I may be wrong about all of them, but unless someone shows me that they are all wrong, it will not be easy to change my mind about.
4Hu7LFm.png

More likely that Pokemon will get its own Direct rather than it showing in a Nintendo one.
Why would it be more likely?When was the last Pokemon direct? In the X and Y era I think. It's quit a while. Remember that the pokemon games are also property of Nintendo, so it's as likely as any game to be announce in a Nintendo direct.

In my opinion, there were many reasons for why the game should have been announced in early January. The fact that it wasn't announced was one of the main reasons that led me to believe they were holding it to make a huge promotional action with the live action.

I understand and respect your opinion (it's more believable), but there are many reasons why I believe this, I may be wrong about all of them, but unless someone shows me that they are all wrong, it will not be easy to change my mind about.
4Hu7LFm.png
Don't worry, you'll probably only have to wait until February or March for an announcement to change your mind. XD

Why would it be more likely?When was the last Pokemon direct? In the X and Y era I think. It's quit a while. Remember that the pokemon games are also property of Nintendo, so it's as likely as any game to be announce in a Nintendo direct.
No? Sun and Moon and Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were both announced via Pokemon Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom