• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's willing to not only put his reputation on the line
Duncan's already shared a fake rumor in the past.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peJAnZJPMy4

Didn't seem to ruin him.
but also suffer a significant financial penalty as well if he's wrong.
Duncan's the only one making himself pay the money. It wouldn't be hard for him to pretend to send it to someone and make a fake account to pretend to be the recipient. Who would be able to prove he was lying?

Heeeyyyy,.... What kind of Box Legendary Pokemon would you like to see in the future?? Cool concepts for designs?
=/ Whatever we get, I hope it has a more simple design like Lugia and Mewtwo. Kinda tired of overdesigned legendaries. We could use less lines and doodads on them for a change.

But he is predicting it. He's by no means the first to predict it, but he is predicting it and is sure enough that he's willing to not only put his reputation on the line, but also suffer a significant financial penalty as well if he's wrong. Don't you think it's a pretty big and pointless gamble if just based on following hype and no actual information.
Already explained this-
Duncan also benefits if he's wrong by pulling this stunt because people will stay subscribed in case he ever stakes money on being wrong again. That means more exposure for him- and he gets paid for people viewing his videos. In the end, he still profits.
But I'm pretty sure you're ignoring me after the Ireland thing, so uh... yeah.

But he is predicting it. He's by no means the first to predict it, but he is predicting it and is sure enough that he's willing to not only put his reputation on the line, but also suffer a significant financial penalty as well if he's wrong. Don't you think it's a pretty big and pointless gamble if just based on following hype and no actual information.
If $500 is a financial gamble, he should be worried about other things than what the next pokemon region will be

Also, his reputation is not on the line
His fans aren't going to stop watching his videos just because he gets his prediction wrong

Didn't seem to ruin him.

Duncan's the only one making himself pay the money. It wouldn't be hard for him to pretend to send it to someone and make a fake account to pretend to be the recipient. Who would be able to prove he was lying?

I thought something was off about him the moment I've found his vid. I just posted the vid to you all to see what you think?

on the bright side. . .

In February 2010, Zorua + Zoroark were revealed in the lead up to gen 5
In February 2013, Sylveon was revealed in the lead up to gen 6
In February 2016, Magearna was revealed in the lead up to gen 7

in this decade, regardless of whether the game was formally announced or not, we've had a movie-related mythical/pokemon reveal in February every year a new generation was coming. I think it's extremely likely we'll have a similar reveal in the coming weeks. we're so close!

Didn't seem to ruin him.

There's a big difference between posting a rumour like we all do on here, you can see in the thumbnail he has even put a question mark by it, and actually saying "I have this info, I know for a fact this is the case"

Ruffledrowlit posts every day a new rumour video, they can't by definition all be correct and he doesn't claim they are.
If he then did a video saying I know for a fact the new region is Egypt, that would be different in my view.
And I suppose Duncan could have some master plan and some devious hidden plot, but personally that's starting to border on the cynical.

Maybe not entirely related, but if the region was based on AUS instead of the UK, what do we think the starters would be? I designed an AUS region and my starters were a grass kangaroo, fire dingo and water koala.

it's the crown and sceptre appearing in several pieces of artwork from the team.
Wait, are you still arguing in favor of the Crown/Scepter post being true? Even when the post said ">Direct announcement supposedly dropping New Years Day or sometime after with the reveal a week or two later depending on timing"?

I think it's a little unfair that you're telling other users that they're ignoring hints when you're ignoring direct facts like that.
As mentioned in my fake leak, I'd really like to have a fire/fairy Peacock. I choose the fire typing because of antique Fireplace Screens.
Ohhh, that's such a clever idea, I love it!!

Maybe not entirely related, but if the region was based on AUS instead of the UK, what do we think the starters would be? I designed an AUS region and my starters were a grass kangaroo, fire dingo and water koala.
I would replace koala with platypus- totally in favor of a kangaroo and dingo, though. =D

I would replace koala with platypus- totally in favor of a kangaroo and dingo, though. =D
But my Koalave is soooooo cute. Seeing it would convince you otherwise.

I also had a platypus in my region too though.

Wait, are you still arguing in favor of the Crown/Scepter post being true? Even when the post said ">Direct announcement supposedly dropping New Years Day or sometime after with the reveal a week or two later depending on timing"?

I think it's a little unfair that you're telling other users that they're ignoring hints when you're ignoring direct facts like that.

Ohhh, that's such a clever idea, I love it!!

The crown itself is an interesting item, available ingame for a ridiculously high price, obtainable but rare, similar to the Strange Souvenir. Plenty of countries have a monarchy but the UK is the one that springs to mind first. It could of course not be a hint, just as the Strange Souvenir may have never led to anything, but when plenty of art and pictures appear of Pikachu holding the sceptre at a similar time it's possible they link in.

And it all depends what your definition of "sometime after" is.

Abandon the platypus idea. You are just hurting yourself. Anyway we should prepare for another dumb looking water starter. When they were revealed for the first time Oshawott was just hated, Froakie was just weird, Popplio was just a joke. I'm ready to pick another poor water starter that GF decided to have fun with...
(60 base speed, I know)

The crown itself is an interesting item, available ingame for a ridiculously high price, obtainable but rare, similar to the Strange Souvenir. Plenty of countries have a monarchy but the UK is the one that springs to mind first. It could of course not be a hint, just as the Strange Souvenir may have never led to anything, but when plenty of art and pictures appear of Pikachu holding the sceptre at a similar time it's possible they link in.

And it all depends what your definition of "sometime after" is.

These were my favourite fakes

But my Koalave is soooooo cute. Seeing it would convince you otherwise.

I also had a platypus in my region too though.
Well, it's just that platypus would make more sense since it's a semi-aquatic animal.

What about swapping the kangaroo for the koala, though? Grass koala makes sense, since they're tree-dwellers. I feel like a non-starter kangaroo would be similar to furfrou in the "obvious region reference" category.

Abandon the platypus idea. You are just hurting yourself. Anyway we should prepare for another dumb looking water starter. When they were revealed for the first time Oshawott was just hated, Froakie was just weird, Popplio was just a joke. I'm ready to pick another poor water starter that GF decided to have fun with...
(60 base speed, I know)
Oh I'm not hurting myself, I just think it makes more sense than a koala. XD If I ever need a platypus, I've got trusty ol' Psyduck.

I just wanted to say that regardless of the region that's selected and regardless of who's "right" or "wrong" about speculation, it ultimately doesn't matter and I'm just super unbelievably excited for Gen 8! Who cares if people are right about the U.K. region or Spanish region? I just want to get some concrete news next month! I just wanted to say that I appreciate this community for all the speculation and thoughts provided in the wake of the silence from Game Freak so far!

Anyways, I personally would love a water buffalo starter! This would round out the trio from the Journey to the West (Infernape partially inspired by Sun Wukong, Emboar partially inspired by Zhu Bajie). Else, I think a dolphin starter seems super interesting! Only problem I could see with a dolphin starter is that it might not make sense for it to be on land :/. What are your guys' thoughts? Is it too late to complete the Journey to the West motif? Or perhaps a water/dragon starter?

I just wanted to say that regardless of the region that's selected and regardless of who's "right" or "wrong" about speculation, it ultimately doesn't matter and I'm just super unbelievably excited for Gen 8! Who cares if people are right about the U.K. region or Spanish region? I just want to get some concrete news next month! I just wanted to say that I appreciate this community for all the speculation and thoughts provided in the wake of the silence from Game Freak so far!

Anyways, I personally would love a water buffalo starter! This would round out the trio from the Journey to the West (Infernape partially inspired by Sun Wukong, Emboar partially inspired by Zhu Bajie). Else, I think a dolphin starter seems super interesting! Only problem I could see with a dolphin starter is that it might not make sense for it to be on land :/. What are your guys' thoughts? Is it too late to complete the Journey to the West motif? Or perhaps a water/dragon starter?
Never too late to complete Journey to the West. XD I like the idea of a water buffalo taking water literally. Kinda eeeeh on the possibility of another /Fighting starter, but as long as it's not Fire/Fighting, I think most of us won't scream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom