• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that there are many hints for England, I'd love to see an England based region and I'll be #TeamEngland for now, but I also think that it can be literally any other place. That beign said, I'm going to support #TeamEngland just for fun.

Clearly based on this and everything featuring Plusle and Minun, we're getting Pokemon Plus, Minus and Stars for Gen 8- all at once. They're all based in the UK and the theme is nursery songs, because that's totally what I think of when I think "games made for longtime fans."
No, we have to go deeper.

The Special Crown in LGPE depicts a star in it, so clearly Crown/Scepter have ties in this as well. The player can give their partner a Crown, or + Crown, but they themselves are always without a scepter depicting a star, or - scepter. And because the player always plays as the trainer, this is always "you have a crown, and me don't"-suggesting Piuk's leaks could still hold weight.

The next titles? YouPlusStarCrown and MeMinusStarScepter!
Please watch the video and you'll hopefully understand better.
can you please tell me what I should watch in full? The video's on the same subject as the last one and covers the same stuff. Just telling me to watch it, without mentioning any reason why it's different from the last, isn't really helping. Masuda's past hints get brought up every time someone analyzes one of his tweets, I'm not going to sit through five minutes of Rowlit explaining them just to see a small difference like "Rowlit thinks the title is Pokemon Cold, not Pokemon Renewal".

sigh I just want the game to be revealed so that "UK vs not-UK" stops. This is terribly repetitive, just like +/- was last year.

After Gen 8 are revealed, there will likely be a ton of Diamond/Pearl remake hints for certain individuals to try and dismiss. It happened with HGSS, with ORAS and with LGPE.

Just wait until the Pokemon Kids thing releases an 'I hear Thunder' song.

then you realise that it's from a French song ''Frere Jacques.''

salt-shaker.jpg

I was sarcastic lol, Ive been one of the biggest advocators for a United Kingdom / England region in this thread lol

See what I'm talking about? This is not going to end well for anyone.

Oh it never ends, its a cycle. It started with GS remakes and has continued on and off ever since. Forgot to add sequels in Gen 5 to the list.
There is a saying, "don't believe everything you read."
Some interpret that as "don't believe anything you read."

the problem with Masuda hints is he's clever enough to make them not obvious at all, until we're able to look at them in hindsight. He tweeted plenty of stuff that ended up teasing LGPE but there was no way anyone would've figured that out beforehand.

I see things from both sides because on one hand, there was the infamous GO tweet he made the week before the LGPE press event, with the incense timer at 5:29 which indeed ended up hinting towards us getting an announcement on 5/29 (it even had the trainer with an eevee in the corner reminiscent of how we had partner pokemon in LGPE), that was dismissed when brought up. Sometimes speculation pays off, but I don't blame people for not wanting to look at everything as a hint because ultimately it doesn't really matter given we're getting info anyways

Oh it never ends, its a cycle. It started with GS remakes and has continued on and off ever since. Forgot to add sequels in Gen 5 to the list.
There is a saying, "don't believe everything you read."
Some interpret that as "don't believe anything you read."
What I was talking about is not the hints, but the atmosphere of this thread. It has gotten worse to the point I feel that if this continues going downwards, we're going to get the thread closed for the second time.

There’s also a saying “Don’t read too much into it”.

What I don't understand about your position is hindsight is a wonderful thing and after each game is announced it becomes obvious to most what the hints leading up to that game were. I say most because a few still live on in denial, but I want to be clear I don't put you in that camp. So surely the fact we know games are coming this year, you would accept that Game Freak/Pokemon would be dropping hints around about this time, not necessarily for London/UK but for whatever it is they've got next, but you never seem to speculate on what you think will happen, or what hints you believe there could be out there, you seem to only dismiss what other contributors put forward.

Yellow is a retelling of Red, Green and Blue
Crystal a retelling of Gold and Silver
Emerald a retelling of Ruby and Sapphire
FireRed and LeafGreen is a retelling of Red, Green and Blue
Platinum is a retelling of Diamond and Pearl
Heartgold and SoulSilver is a retelling of Gold, Silver and Crystal
Black 2 and White 2 are Sequals to Black and White taking place 2 years apart
No retelling for X and Y
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire are retellings of Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald
UltraSun and UltraMoon are retellings of Sun and Moon
Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee are spinoff retellings of Yellow, Red, Green and Blue

Gen 5 is the only one to have sequals whilst Gen 6 doesn't have a retelling of Kalos.

So surely the fact we know games are coming this year, you would accept that Game Freak/Pokemon would be dropping hints around about this time, not necessarily for London/UK but for whatever it is they've got next,
I never said that Game Freak never drops hints. I simply don’t believe that what people are currently posting in this thread are actually hints.
but you never seem to speculate on what you think will happen, or what hints you believe there could be out there,
If I found something that I believe is a hint, i’ll share it. So far nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom