• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said that Game Freak never drops hints. I simply don’t believe that what people are currently posting in this thread are actually hints.

If I found something that looks like a hint, i’ll share it. So far nothing.

Do you agree that the tweet of the Sun and Moon 10 days before the reveal was a hint towards Sun and Moon? And do you agree sticking LETS GO in all caps on the box of USUM 6 months before Let's Go reveal, the LT Surge Autograph, Vermillion Gym and Rainbow team rocket were all hints towards Let's Go?

Assuming you say yes to at least 1 of them, do you agree that hints such as those would've easily been dismissed in the way you dismiss "potential" hints we have now, even though those turned out to be correct?

I understand you don't think it will be London/UK, but don't you think it's odd that all these what I guess you would call non-hints? only work for the UK. There is nothing able to be read into to point towards any other country, not that I can see anyway. For a while there were a few things that suggested Spain (the flag in Ash's collar in the Zeraora movie, the Oricorios, Tapu Bulu) but nothing for over a year really to link to Spain

Yellow is a retelling of Red, Green and Blue
Crystal a retelling of Gold and Silver
Emerald a retelling of Ruby and Sapphire
FireRed and LeafGreen is a retelling of Red, Green and Blue
Platinum is a retelling of Diamond and Pearl
Heartgold and SoulSilver is a retelling of Gold, Silver and Crystal
Black 2 and White 2 are Sequals to Black and White taking place 2 years apart
No retelling for X and Y
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire are retellings of Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald
UltraSun and UltraMoon are retellings of Sun and Moon
Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee are spinoff retellings of Yellow, Red, Green and Blue

Gen 5 is the only one to have sequals whilst Gen 6 doesn't have a retelling of Kalos.

Wasn't the prototype name for Gold and Silver labelled as "Pokemon 2". You could argue since its a direct continuation of Red and Blue events, characters and places 2-3 years later, Gold and Silver could be classified as sequels. Especially since it originally was intended to be the last planned games in the series. I know some fans would disagree however.

Wasn't the prototype name for Gold and Silver labelled as "Pokemon 2". You could argue since its a direct continuation of Red and Blue events, characters and places 2-3 years later, Gold and Silver could be classified as sequels. Especially since it originally was intended to be the last planned games in the series. I know some fans would disagree however.
Thank you for reminding me.

Do you agree that the tweet of the Sun and Moon 10 days before the reveal was a hint towards Sun and Moon?
Yes.
Assuming you say yes to at least 1 of them, do you agree that hints such as those would've easily been dismissed in the way you dismiss "potential" hints we have now, even though those turned out to be correct?
No, a tweet with a picture of the moon while mentioning the sun is a lot more blatant hint than... a nursery rhyme.

Wasn't the prototype name for Gold and Silver labelled as "Pokemon 2". You could argue since its a direct continuation of Red and Blue events, characters and places 2-3 years later, Gold and Silver could be classified as sequels. Especially since it originally was intended to be the last planned games in the series.
Yup, it was called Pokémon 2 at first, and it looked like Kanto was part of Johto, among other weird things. Red's victory in the League was one of the reasons that Ethan wanted to start his journey if I recall correctly.

Yes.

No, a tweet with a picture of the moon while mentioning the sun is a lot more blatant hint than... a nursery rhyme.

Is it? He didn't actually mention the Sun if I recall, he just said he noticed the moon was still out during the day while he was looking at some birds. Seems pretty random.
Today he mentioned that the lyrics to London bridge had been changed and posted a random tweet of him on a red bus

And do you agree sticking LETS GO in all caps on the box of USUM 6 months before Let's Go reveal
Only on the English cover.
the LT Surge Autograph, Vermillion Gym and Rainbow team rocket were all hints towards Let's Go?
How do we distinguish between Kanto references and hints here? Why aren't Blue and Red appearing counted as hints?
but don't you think it's odd that all these what I guess you would call non-hints? only work for the UK. There is nothing able to be read into to point towards any other country, not that I can see anyway.
But why are you certain that the hints would be about a country? LGPE hints never referenced the country.

LETS GO in all caps on the box of USUM 6 months before Let's Go reveal
653110_back.jpg
653111_back.jpg
440528-pokemon-ultra-sun-nintendo-3ds-back-cover.jpg
English - Let's go!
Swedish - Nu kör vi! (Now we go!)
Danish - Lad os komme i gang! (Let's get started!)
Finnish - Lähdetään! (Let's go!)
Italian - Si parte! (no direct English translation)
Dutch - Aan de slag! (Away we go!/Let's start!)

I'm sure Si Parte Pikachu was a hit in Italy.

653110_back.jpg
653111_back.jpg
440528-pokemon-ultra-sun-nintendo-3ds-back-cover.jpg
English - Let's go!
Swedish - Nu kör vi! (Now we go!)
Danish - Lad os komme i gang! (Let's get started!)
Finnish - Lähdetään! (Let's go!)
Italian - Si parte! (no direct English translation)
Dutch - Aan de slag! (Away we go!/Let's start!)

I'm sure Si Parte Pikachu was a hit in Italy.
In Spanish it said ¡Vamos Allá! which means Let's Go There!

Only on the English cover.

How do we distinguish between Kanto references and hints here? Why aren't Blue and Red appearing counted as hints?

But why are you certain that the hints would be about a country? LGPE hints never referenced the country.

I'm not certain about it being anything. I just think some are a little too quick to dismiss things.
Atm there are a lot of let's say potential hints (trying to use neutral language) that keep popping up suggesting London.
Individually they mean nothing, but like the Unown themselves together they start to look like something bigger.

London skyline in the anime explictly referred to as another region - ok no big deal.
Game and movie based on Sherlock Holmes - well its just a spin off
Brand new youtube channel with a song about london and a song written by 2 ladies from London - well it's just teaching kids to read.

Then you start to get a bit more patchy
Masuda posting a cryptic tweet focusing on him getting a bus which appears red...
London's links with space and time to tie in with a potential DP remake etc
Youtubers prepared to risk their reputation and even offering cash penalties on it being UK/London
THe whole crown and sceptre thing - lots of countries have royalty, Japan for instance, but the most famous globally is the one in London, UK

I'm not saying London/UK are confirmed at all, simply pointing out there's a lot of these tiny little pieces, some direct some indirect which seem to point that way.
You may consider it reaching, but atm no matter how hard you reach there's nothing really pointing towards any other countries since the first Zeraora trailer over a year ago, and we know a game is coming this year and round about now is the time GF would be dropping hints.

Yes he did.
Because him tweeting about going on a bus isn’t random?

They're both random that's the point.

Just found the Japanese box too-

DM5EgWQWkAEtHkR.jpg

Maaaan, not even giving the hint to your own country- that's cold, Game Freak.

You've defeated your own argument, the fact that at least 3 translation teams independently came up with Let's Go and the others came up with something similar, despite having never used the phrase before, lends weight to the fact it was deliberately added on.

Why are only certain translation teams given the privilege of including hints? And how do you know the other languages never used it?
Game and movie based on Sherlock Holmes - well its just a spin off
Detective Pikachu never references Sherlock Holmes, it's hardly based on it.
Youtubers prepared to risk their reputation and even offering cash penalties on it being UK/London
Youtuber, singular, who's been wrong before.
London's links with space and time to tie in with a potential DP remake etc
Where were these ties with other remakes?
Masuda posting a cryptic tweet focusing on him getting a bus which appears red...
The outside of the bus isn't visible at all...
THe whole crown and sceptre thing - lots of countries have royalty, Japan for instance, but the most famous globally is the one in London, UK
The leak that promised a reveal a month ago?

Last edited:
No, Ethan's brother was named Ken, and he is in your house if you force the demo to start a new game. Red (then called Blue), was a Gym Leader in one of Kanto's two gyms.

From Bulba: "
  • A 1997 pamphlet describing Gold and Silver mentions that the protagonist has a brother three years his senior, and seems to imply the possibility of that brother being the first-generation protagonist. However, this aspect of his character was discarded by the time of the final release, as Red's mother still lives in Pallet Town."
I suppose that could be a reference to Ken, but specifically stating he's 3 years older seems to suggest he was involved somehow with the events 3 years before, or at least was originally planned to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom