• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm split on what to expect from the mewtwo figure reveal. On one hand Paul seems to think a new form is outlandish to expect, and mentions that a movie spoiler is a possibility, but on the other hand (at least from what I've gathered in videos) he seems to think that the figure is significant enough to have something to do with an announcement for the new games especially given the timing.
I am very tentative on it, too. XD Not gonna get my hopes up too much before March, honestly. I feel more confident about March.

Well, I am thinking that mew two will get a human form that requires a special item,because Mewtwo's looking more human-like we had seen in the trailer.

If you looks at the differences, 2019 movie's Mewtwo have more human posture than cat posture like the original movie's self.
No, it's just the camera angle of the render -- it makes Mewtwo's shoulders look broader than they actually are (and yes, Mewtwo does have a slight hourglass figure).

Some sort of guardian form for Mew would be quite astonishing!! Not as the figure to be revealed, and maybe not necessarily in the film (depending on how much it is simply a remake)?

I sort of think that Gen 8 could include a rainforest that could be visited and explored, even if not part of the main region; that would be representative of where Mew was said to be found naturally.

A different form could be possible in its natural realm! Perhaps it wouldn't happen in any normal battles but in some type of special event; as such it could have aspects that would otherwise be considered too overpowered!

Nope, they're different things. One is the official Pokemon YouTube learning channel and the other is Bandai's Pokemon Kids products- which explains the shape of the figures quite a bit. They've got that "meant for small children" bloated feel.

I'm not sure if it is intentional, but the Bandai figures are also finger puppets and are completely hollow. I have a few and they are actually quite cute in person.

I wonder if they will show how they got Mew DNA in the movie this time.

Curious how Japanese scientists, managed to get info and track a unidentified pokemon all the way to South America, named it mew, managed to get a sample somehow while tracking it and the actual process with how Mewtwo was created back at home at the lab. Im also curious what other aspects of genetics Mewtwo has that makes it so unique.

It's because Mewtwo's Birthday and the 810th day of Gen 7 both land on this day. Meltan was revealed on the 808th day of Pokemon Go.
Mewtwo birthday make me think more about new trailer for the movie if anything
we don't have an actual full trailer, and CoroCoro comes few days after it so sounds about right to me.

I has been wondering Mew can able to shapeshift into human form like Latias and Zoroark,because Mew was base on embry / kiitten and takes on many forms like we had seen in the Mystery of Mew movie.

Curious how Japanese scientists, managed to get info and track a unidentified pokemon all the way to South America, named it mew, managed to get a sample somehow while tracking it and the actual process with how Mewtwo was created back at home at the lab. Im also curious what other aspects of genetics Mewtwo has that makes it so unique.
They showed how they got Mew DNA the first time. (Sorry, bad video quality.)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlJwkV0keWs

I has been wondering Mew can able to shapeshift into human form like Latias and Zoroark,because Mew was base on embry / kiitten and takes on many forms like we had seen in the Mystery of Mew movie.
Mew can learn Transform.

Didn't in the movie explain that they got it from an eyelash? Which now that I think about, brings more questions. I remember that scene because it was the one were TR call a Scyther "Alakazam".

EDIT: Nevermind about the questions, that video is from the cut "Origin of Mewtwo" part, right?

Didn't in the movie explain that they got it from an eyelash? Which now that I think about, brings more questions. I remember that scene because it was the one were TR call a Scyther "Alakazam".
Actually it was the start of the movie, but part of the same audio played later as a recording that Team Rocket accidentally triggered.

EDIT: Nevermind about the questions, that video is from the cut "Origin of Mewtwo" part, right?

It must be because I've never heard of that haha. I may have to check it out, cheers friend :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom