• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

So let me get this straight...Joker is actually the alter-ego of a guy who got in trouble, and has to attend school as part of probation, and he uses some kind of power to go into peoples' hearts to kill the evil in them?
Yeah the school that The Protagonist/Ren/Akira go to, Shujin Academy, is the only one where it'll accept him with his current record. The Phantoms "steal" the "evil" in adults mostly, though they have gone after other teens as well, but in-game they aren't really considered heroes as it comes into question if it's right of them to forcefully change others' hearts. They do it for the better, but majority of society thinks otherwise. They even get called murderers after Kunikazu dies.

Anyway, I'm really curious as to what kind of stage they'll put in for Joker.

Yeah the school that The Protagonist/Ren/Akira go to, Shujin Academy, is the only one where it'll accept him with his current record. The Phantoms "steal" the "evil" in adults mostly, though they have gone after other teens as well, but in-game they aren't really considered heroes as it comes into question if it's right of them to forcefully change others' hearts. They do it for the better, but majority of society thinks otherwise. They even get called murderers after Kunikazu dies.

Anyway, I'm really curious as to what kind of stage they'll put in for Joker.
What's the easiest Persona game in the series for a person with high-functioning autism to beat?

What's the easiest Persona game in the series for a person with high-functioning autism to beat?
Revelations: Persona, the first game, isn't that hard, 3 and 4 are not too bad either, though the second game Innocent Sin is considered to be the easiest of the games. They have difficulty modes though, so you can start on the easiest mode if you want.

Revelations: Persona, the first game, isn't that hard, 3 and 4 are not too bad either, though the second game Innocent Sin is considered to be the easiest of the games. They have difficulty modes though, so you can start on the easiest mode if you want.
What systems are they for? I've only got a PS4 and Switch right now.

A little note here: Persona 2 is divided into two games: Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment. Innocent Sin is available on PSP, and Eternal Punishment in PS1, which is what happens when one part is not translated until the remake.

Also, don't play the PS1 version of the first Persona. It has a bad localization and they cut part of the story.

EDIT: Here are the systems:

Persona 1: PS1 and PSP. Get the second.
Persona 2 Innocent Sin: PSP
Persona 2 Eternal Punishment: PS1
Persona 3: PS2 and PSP
Persona 4: PS2 and PS Vita.

So what do you guys think of the DLC speculation that the other three characters are supposedly gonna be Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden), Steve (Minecraft), and Doomguy (Doom)?

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Minecraft content does get in since it's very popular and I know it was the most downloaded game on the Switch in Japan in 2018. I also wouldn't mind seeing Ryu in as well, not sure about Doom characters as I haven't played the game before. Actually, I'm curious as to how the series did in Japan, especially if this leak turns out to be true.

I hope we don't get Steve, however, I don't know if they would include Ryu Hayabusa, seeing how things would get confusing seeing how we already have a Ryu. I know the whole Roy thing happened last year, but at least it was between a character and a model swap. Maybe they'll refer to him just as Hayabusa so that things don't get confusing?

Doomguy doesn't sound like a character that could get in Smash. Doesn't help that the music could get Nintendo in problems since it's full of plagiarism.

Yeah either they'll just leave his name Ryu and hope people will accept it as a Roy situation, or they could use his last name instead. For Minecraft I can take it or leave it, while it might not be my first choice for a DLC character I'm not gonna hurt over it either. Didn't know that about the Doom music though, haven't played any of the games so I didn't know it's music is full of plagiarism.

Well this is of course assuming this leak is true, I haven't seen any other character speculation leaks in a while so I thought I'd bring this one up here. I wonder though, if this leak turns out fake, if one of the DLC character's could be someone from the upcoming FE Three Houses?

Okay, the Doom music thing is mostly from the older games, not sure if they fixed it for 2016. To put an example of the Doom music thing, one song from Doom 2 sounds almost exactly like the bass part of "Them Bones" by Alice in Chains, while another song sounds like "Mouth for War" by Pantera.

Oh geez you're right, just saw a video with comparison of Doom music, and the wiki even shows songs comparison.

Well, if Doomguy does hypothetically end up being a character, then maybe they'll use music that isn't based on existing songs. I just wonder how the composer got away with it lol.

So, only music from the remake, then.

Take it grain of salt, but I heard once that they gave Bobby Prince a few metal, alternative and grunge CDs and told him to make something similar to that. If this is true, then that means he took that request a little bit too literally.

So what do you guys think of the DLC speculation that the other three characters are supposedly gonna be Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden), Steve (Minecraft), and Doomguy (Doom)?
Honestly, this would be a super disappointing Fighters Pass for me. I'm looking forward to Joker, but these three (+ the rumored Dragon Quest rep) would be characters I'd never touch aside from random forcing me to play as them.

Like, I get that Steve is from one of the best-selling games of all-time, but I don't think anyone plays Minecraft for Steve, who has a doofy design and no personality. I've seen people say "but that's what Villager is like!" but I disagree there; Villager's various designs are more interesting, and I feel like people self-insert more into their Villager PCs in Animal Crossing than with Steve. Obviously just my opinion, but yeah.

If we actually were able to get a rep associated with Microsoft, I'd really hope it'd be Banjo & Kazooie over Steve, who people have been clamoring for since Melee and they have a strong connection to Nintendo from the past. I wasn't as much a B&K fan as others (I did play it and some of Tooie though), but I do think they are deserving of the slot and would make a lot of people very happy.

Ryu Hayabusa would be... actually, I don't have a major issue with him. Not my personal cup of tea, but he's cool-looking and Ninja Gaiden is a decent retro pick to rep (well, I know it had more recent games too, but ya know).

Doomguy I really don't see in Smash. I'd be shocked if the speculation was true mainly for his inclusion in it. ...Oh geez, I'll just admit it: I don't really care about reps from Western games getting in because I usually hate the character designs and have no attachment to them (unless we got, like, a rep from Mafia 2 or 3, or LA Noire or something like those games that I like lmao). Totally bias, but I'll own up to that lol. No offense to anyone who likes that sort of stuff, though!

THAT SAID... I also don't care about Dragon Quest in the slightest despite being a huge fan of JRPGs, so I also don't want Erdrick. I really don't like Akira Toriyama's art at all, and I definitely don't want another stage only having two songs to choose thanks to Square-Enix (and the composer for DQ is a real piece of work that I'd rather not support either).

----

To be honest, I'd like to see someone like Dante or (even better!) Nero from Devil May Cry make it in, even if DMC5 isn't going to be a Switch release. I know he was rumored a while back, and that'd be a pick that'd make me very happy. And people could finally have him and Bayonetta fight against each other. And maybe they could do a DMC 1-3 collection (maybe 4 too) for Switch or something and advertise that. I doubt it'll happen, though.

Completely understandable, I don't fully believe in the speculation myself though I still wouldn't be surprised if any Minecraft or Ninja Gaiden content gets in. What stops me from believing this could happen is the Doom rep., as prog and I have discussed in previous posts. Personally though, for my DLC picks when it comes to western reps, I'd want Crash Bandicoot or Spyro since I'd think they'd be really fun to use! Probably won't happen though, but I can dream lol.

A DMC rep. would be awesome to have though, I've only played the first three but it would be nice to see something from that series in. I'd also want (sorry for those that don't like the series, or don't want anymore reps in) a character from FE Three Houses, specifically Claude von Regan since he's shown to wield bows, and it'd give us a FE character that just doesn't use swords as their primary or one of their primary weapons (in the case of Robin). also what do you mean I find him cute?

Whatever their picks are, I just hope they pick characters from new series. I was sort of hoping for Spring Man to join the roster, but the closest you get to playing as Spring Man in Smash is the Mii Brawler costume.

I speculate...Resident Evil.
I'd be totally up for this one, especially if it was Leon <3
I'd also want (sorry for those that don't like the series, or don't want anymore reps in) a character from FE Three Houses, specifically Claude von Regan since he's shown to wield bows, and it'd give us a FE character that just doesn't use swords as their primary or one of their primary weapons (in the case of Robin). also what do you mean I find him cute?
Three Houses probably does have a decent shot to be like a Corrin situation to advertise the next game! I'd definitely agree with Claude as the rep if they did have one for Three Houses, I can't believe we have no characters in Smash who primarily use a bow (I don't count the army of Links lol, or either Pit). Edelgard seems to be the breakout character from the game so far since I remember mountains of fanart of her within hours of the Three Houses trailer, but yeah, I'd rather Claude too, and his character design is nice. Byleth also looks pretty cute, but I'm just praying he's not an Avatar-type character AGAIN and he's a boring sword fighter in a series that has plenty already

Back
Top Bottom