• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the complaints from Sun and Moon, and how most cutscenes in Nintendo Games have been skippable. I can imagine they would have a button that you can click to simply skip the cutscene.
That isn’t really related to voice acting at all. The user who I quoted implied that voice acting would be the solution to this issue somehow.

I don’t really want voice acting in Pokemon games (or atleast able to be switched off). I like to keep my volume low and occasionally enjoy the background music.
Also, my native language isn’t available as a language option, and the English accents supported will probably be only US and UK (and there's the possibility that there's only one English accent, to the detriment of the country whose accent isn’t supported) which I'd rather not hear.

Voice acting also sometimes ends up being cringy or bad. The last thing we need is that the video game forums are filled with VA hate too along with the anime section.

Voice acting poses too many issues when the present system is working really well, not to mention GameFreak really doesn’t have the manpower and the feature will not provide enough profits to outweigh the costs. It can also act as an avenue for leaks (remember the Chinese leaks during the season of the first games supporting Chinese?)

If it ain't broke don’t fix it.

Honestly, the only reason why I don't want voice acting is because it will delay the game's release. Plus I like imagining how the characters sound inside my head, especially since Bonnie in the X and Y series had an annoying voice no matter if it was her Japanese or English voice. Not only that, but Red had a lame English voice in the anime version of his adventure. If you really want good voice acting, how about taking cues from the Pokemon Generations voices for once, you know, the ones doesn't try to deliberately sound kid friendly and being obvious about it? To me, if you can't make the voices match the quality of Pokemon Generations, then I don't want voice acting at all.

Last edited:
In terms of audio enhancements, i do hope that there will be ambient environment sounds with the doppler effect! However I am not sure that it would be good to have those replace area soundtracks; I hope there could be the return of a radio (which could be left on permanently) would allow for an in-game logical version of choosing to hear only the ambience or adding music.

I am not sure how far that could or should extend! It might be an amazing difference to take on Pokemon Gyms with just the many sounds echoing in the rooms! If they have programmed a detailed sound engine, they might have the music playing through speakers in the gym with the option to tune into it with your radio to hear it more directly..!!

Honestly, the only reason why I don't want voice acting is because it will delay the game's release. Plus I like imagining how the characters sound inside my head, especially since Bonnie in the X and Y series had an annoying voice no matter if it was her Japanese or English voice. Not only that, but Red had a lame English voice in the anime version of his adventure. If you really want good voice acting, how about taking cues from the Pokemon Generations voices for once, you know, the ones doesn't try to deliberately sound kid friendly and being obvious about it? To me, if you can't make the voices match the quality of Pokemon Generations, then I don't want voice acting at all.
Well, wouldn't really delay it because voice acting would be taken into account with the development period.

The last illustration video is on 2/22. Wonder if that matters? It's with Ken Sugimori.

I really hope it's not a general direct, because if it is, the Pokemon announcement will be pushed to March.

He posted more on Era, seems Pikmin 3 and Mario Maker 2 will be coming along side Pokemon.

The fact he mentions Pokemon at all makes me believe we may get a reveal soon after the Direct. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom