• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is a general direct, I hope they have some Splatoon 2 stuff there. But other than that, I prefer to have a Pokemon announcement before it.
Why do you think so?
Because Pokemon prefers to have all the spotlight to itself whenever a new game gets announced.

Well, wouldn't really delay it because voice acting would be taken into account with the development period.
I don’t think it would cause delays if they planned for it. It would, however, certainly lengthen development, as all recording and editing would have to wait for localization to be completed.

Because Pokemon prefers to have the spotlight to itself whenever a new game gets announced.

And why do you think so? I hope you're not relying exclusively on patterns, because patterns alone say nothing.

And even so, if we have a Direct on the 13th, we could have a Pokémon Direct shortly after, or a few days later (maybe even on Pokémon Day as many speculate). Why would it be "pushed" March?

Anyway, I'd like to see the source of the information (king zell's twitter, I can't find it). :bulbaWave:

Edit - Ok, I found it, it's on Era, not twitter tho. (here ResetEra)

Last edited:
And why do you think so? I hope you're not relying exclusively on patterns, because patterns alone say nothing.

And even so, if we have a Direct on the 13th, we could have a Pokémon Direct shortly after, or a few days later (maybe even on Pokémon Day as many speculate). Why would it be "pushed" March?

Anyway, I'd like to see the source of the information (king zell's twitter, I'm not finding it). :bulbaWave:
The months in which Pokemon games get announced are typically months in which there are no other games being announced for a Nintendo system in order for Pokemon to have all the spotlight.

Would that be Japan's 13th or our 13th? Because our 13th could mean Japan's 14th which is also Valentine's Day. It would certainly connect to the comments/posts/pictures with Pokemon and Valentine's Day we've seen lately.

I'm not expecting anything, but I could see how this situation could play out. :unsure: It's worth keeping an eye on it. Not like we have anything else to do, anyway.

The months in which Pokemon games get announced are typically months in which there are no other games being announced for a Nintendo system in order for Pokemon to have all the spotlight.
I don't agree with that. But as I said, patterns alone say nothing, and "typically" would not even be a pattern, right? In any way, the situation is also different now (with the Switch and with this game).

I think we'll have a teaser (not a trailer) of the upcoming games in the next Nintendo Direct (or at least a little Pokémon Direct being shown immediately after it). Otherwise, how would they go through a Direct without mentioning the most anticipated game of the year for their console?

If the Direct really happens on the 13th, I think we will have news on the 13th.

Last edited:
Oh damn, finally something legit to get excited about!

13 could also mean after 13 days, but I guess it's probably the 13th of february. Exciting, even if it's just a teaser!

Oh the 13th huh. Interesting. I'll keep that date in my calender.

If it's a general direct I could see them wanting to wait at least a week or so before Pokmeon, because like others have mentioned, Pokemon in the past has liked to at least have some of the spotlight on themselves. I do really hope it's some Pokemon news though, I need it badly.

While I can see a lot of good reasons behind it, I'm personally kind of wondering if they would do it on Pokemon day again. I mean the reason it worked so well for Sun and Moon was because it was Pokemon's 20th anniversary. Pokemon was 2 decades old. Is the 23rd anniversary really something to get that excited for? 25 is a big one for sure because Pokemon will be a quarter of a century old (0.0 I just died typing that). But, then again, they could just be like "Why not reveal on Pokemon Day?"

I hope we at least get one Pokemon during the reveal, and some sort of anything from the game. Even if it was a Sun and Moon style of reveal (concept art of the buildings, and Pikipek in rendering) Even that will still give us a lot to speculate about.

I think this mean that he just doesn't know...

Last edited:
Yes; the Smash Bros reveal last year was a very good moment, i suppose within all of Nintendo's history of game creation and revealing those creations, and did allow many people to find out that it had happened specifically because it was not revealed simply as the next slide.
I think that they would want to try that again, although maybe with some sort of twist so it would not be predicted!

If we don't get news this month, this thread wouldn't survive. While I am not as impatient as many here, I want to get news for fun. I am getting bored.
We're getting something this month or next, I'm sure this thread won't die in the meantime.

I'm kinda baffled by the doom and gloom here. Imagine if they really did wait until May.

I don't think they are going to wait till E3. That is not enough time to market a new main series generation on a new Console. Ultra Sun and Moon got by because most of the Pokemon already existed for it, so that was okay. Even Sun and Moon having it's first Pokemon news in May was okay because it was the second generation a handheld device, and most Pokemon fans already owned the 3DS or 2DS for X and Y. While Let's Go did convince a handful of fans to buy a Switch, there are still quite a few fans out there who do not yet own a Switch, and based on how pricey that console is, probably need more convincing of the games themselves before they are going to get it and a copy of the new Generation 8 game.

I can see them holding out on a reveal a little bit longer. but having the reveal at E3 and the game release late into the year? I don't think that would make sense marketing wise to them.

And no, I can't see this thread dying out before them, we're all fans of the series, we'll find things to speculate about

I still think we'll only have the first trailer (not teaser) at early-May, imo.

But we may have a teaser before, and indirect news, like Magearna and Zygarde. I don't believe they would leave the community with nothing until there (even if it happens).

E3 is totally unlikely.

While I don't care much for Bird Keeper Toby, he pointed me in the direction of Melmetal's Pokedex entry, which mentions that it was absent for about 3000 years. WIth it's odd gen-status, that could be a good hint to the next region being tied to Kalos's history.

AKA the UK, Italy, and Spain rumors, and the non-existent Germany rumors. I'd say the non-existent Netherlands rumors too....but sadly I feel Germany would be a far better option.

He posted more on Era, seems Pikmin 3 and Mario Maker 2 will be coming along side Pokemon.

The fact he mentions Pokemon at all makes me believe we may get a reveal soon after the Direct. Cheers!

Wait isn't Pikmin 3 already out? Is this supposed to be a port?

That aside Mario Maker 2 is big news all on its own. But Mario Maker and Pokemon in the same direct would be huge.

As I've said before, if Pokemon is part if Nintendo's switch strategy they might announce it in a Nintendo direct instead of on their own like they usually do. But who knows.

How credible do we think this is?

Wait isn't Pikmin 3 already out? Is this supposed to be a port?

That aside Mario Maker 2 is big news all on its own. But Mario Maker and Pokemon in the same direct would be huge.

As I've said before, if Pokemon is part if Nintendo's switch strategy they might announce it in a Nintendo direct instead of on their own like they usually do. But who knows.

How credible do we think this is?
I think he meant Pikmin 4, which was announced a lot of time ago AFAIK, but no information has surfaced on it. In other words, they are more or less in our same situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom