• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Really wish they could've made new codec calls for the post-Brawl characters. I know the issue with Campbell's Japanese VA, but they could've just left his old codecs and made all the new ones use Otacon or Mei Ling (or maybe throw some others in, like Naomi). Especially since it's not like the Colonel was in ALL the Brawl ones anyway. Unless all the VAs are union actors in the US and they didn't think it was worth the trouble for any region or it was just too much work anyway. Or Konami didn't want it. Dunno.

I VASTLY preferred the codecs at Shadow Moses Island to the meh Palutena's Guidances, which are only barely funny most of the time. The codecs were fun since the characters all reacted so seriously to everything, even stuff like Wario farting. and I also just like Metal Gear a heck of a lot more than Kid Icarus

Well, I would've liked to see Snake's reaction to seeing Ridley, I can imagine him saying something like Ridley looking like a monster that came straight out of space horror movies.

I wonder why there are multiple support spirits with the same effect, especially those that cost at least two slots since its impossible to equip more than one in those cases like Zap Floor Immunity. Or its pointless to equip multiple spirits that have the same effect like starting with an equipped item.

I wonder why there are multiple support spirits with the same effect, especially those that cost at least two slots since its impossible to equip more than one in those cases like Zap Floor Immunity. Or its pointless to equip multiple spirits that have the same effect like starting with an equipped item.
If you equip multiple spirits that start you with an equipped item, then (if battling in a multi-stock battle format) you start each stock with each item in sequence.

Beyond that, I think the general rationale is "we're adding this in the game as a Spirit! Now what ability should it have?" more than "we need this ability -- what character can we give it to?"

Last edited:
So I guess this speculation was going around since last year but was brought up again, so take this with a grain of salt obviously.

People have been speculating that Travis Touchdown, from No More Heroes, has supposedly been "teased" as a DLC fighter and they're going by a Tweet. Here is the article I've read on it.

For those that don't want to read it the TL;DR is Suda51 the creator of NMH had a meeting with Sakurai and expressed his wish of wanting to see the protagonist of NMH in Smash, though ultimately it's up to Sakurai and the "media people". The Tweet they're talking about:

Thoughts? To be completely honest, I forgot about this game lol. I've only played the first game and I never really enjoyed it that much personally. If Travis actually does make it in cool I guess, I won't be overly opposed to it but I wouldn't exactly be excited either pretty much. Though I don't personally believe he'll be in, lot's of game creators have expressed their wish to see their game's characters in, and one meeting up with Sakurai doesn't automatically mean that it'll happen lol.

Hey guys, my friend's left joy con has some trouble. There are times when the cursor moves upwards by itself and the game has difficulty picking up inputs that require pushing the control stick down like using a neutral special when trying to use a down special. They went to Settings to calibrate the control stick but at best it only works temporary. I also looked online and apparently this has been a common problem.

Hey guys, my friend's left joy con has some trouble. There are times when the cursor moves upwards by itself and the game has difficulty picking up inputs that require pushing the control stick down like using a neutral special when trying to use a down special. They went to Settings to calibrate the control stick but at best it only works temporary. I also looked online and apparently this has been a common problem.
There's not much you can do short of taking it apart. The rubber seal at the bottom of the stick isn't perfect so small dust particles can accumulate inside of it over time, hampering its movement. (And if you've searched around you've probably seen demonstrations of it.)

It's ESPECIALLY annoying in Smash Bros. as you can't use the D-pad for movement.

So I guess this speculation was going around since last year but was brought up again, so take this with a grain of salt obviously.

People have been speculating that Travis Touchdown, from No More Heroes, has supposedly been "teased" as a DLC fighter and they're going by a Tweet. Here is the article I've read on it.

For those that don't want to read it the TL;DR is Suda51 the creator of NMH had a meeting with Sakurai and expressed his wish of wanting to see the protagonist of NMH in Smash, though ultimately it's up to Sakurai and the "media people". The Tweet they're talking about:

Thoughts? To be completely honest, I forgot about this game lol. I've only played the first game and I never really enjoyed it that much personally. If Travis actually does make it in cool I guess, I won't be overly opposed to it but I wouldn't exactly be excited either pretty much. Though I don't personally believe he'll be in, lot's of game creators have expressed their wish to see their game's characters in, and one meeting up with Sakurai doesn't automatically mean that it'll happen lol.

Sincerely, I would take it with a grain of salt, since this reminds of the time WayForward wanted Shantae to be in Smash to the point of even making a series icon, palette swaps and if I recall correctly, a stage. Sadly for them, we got Bayonetta instead.

On the other hand, I don't know much about No More Heroes, aside from it being frickin' insane like everything else Suda51 does. The fact he met with Sakurai sounds suspicious, so I'm kinda confused here.

Also, nice to know where the Detective Masuda's pics came from.

Yeah this is a pretty common problem and calibrating in the settings only does so much before it does it again. It's pretty much like what Stratelier said, taking it apart and cleaning out the probable dust that has gathered and causing cursor problems, you can also get it repaired through the Nintendo Support Forums. They'll most likely give your friend trouble shooting options first and if it doesn't work they can help set up a repair. Or your friend can get new joy con controllers if they don't want to go through all of that.

Sincerely, I would take it with a grain of salt, since this reminds of the time WayForward wanted Shantae to be in Smash to the point of even making a series icon, palette swaps and if I recall correctly, a stage. Sadly for them, we got Bayonetta instead.

On the other hand, I don't know much about No More Heroes, aside from it being frickin' insane like everything else Suda51 does. The fact he met with Sakurai sounds suspicious, so I'm kinda confused here.

Also, nice to know where the Detective Masuda's pics came from.
That's what it reminded me of too lol. But yeah NMH is a kind of weird hack-n-slash game, and I don't personally see any character from it making it in right now at least. A recent new installment in the series just came out on the Switch called Travis Strikes Again, so it could be why this rumor is popping up again and they're just adding in Suda51's meeting with Sakurai as possible "evidence" for Travis to make it in, though why he was meeting Sakurai I'm not sure either.

Thanks on their behalf.

So how would you open it up to clean it (I know a tiny screwdriver is needed)?
This step by step article talks about how to take it apart and clean it, it's best to do this if your friend is comfortable enough to take apart their joy con. It does also require patience since sometimes unscrewing the back of the controller can be difficult as well as the process.

Personally, I'd look into one of those third-party rubber protectors for the Joy-Cons, and get a $30 wired controller too. (The downside is that said wired controller doesn't have gyroscope nor NFC features, unless you don't care for either)

Also, I'm leaving my Switch at home during winter, I'm a little wary on carrying a $300 video came console in low temperatures.

What exactly is the gyroscope for?

If they send it to Nintendo for repair how much would it cost (I assume its free because it was their own design flaw rather than players getting rough or natural wear an tear), what if it gets damaged on the way back or glitches in the future again?

Wire controllers might be a good idea, but how do we know they won't have the same trouble? Sidenote, I've occasionally had similar problems with my own original gamecube controllers.

Thank for the replies guys.

What exactly is the gyroscope for?

If they send it to Nintendo for repair how much would it cost (I assume its free because it was their own design flaw rather than players getting rough or natural wear an tear), what if it gets damaged on the way back or glitches in the future again?

Wire controllers might be a good idea, but how do we know they won't have the same trouble? Sidenote, I've occasionally had similar problems with my own original gamecube controllers.

Thank for the replies guys.
For gyro aiming in some games. So if you've played Splatoon 2, Zelda BotW, and/or Mario Odyssey they have those controls in them.

For a joy con repair it can be around $40 plus tax unless their Switch is still new, if their Switch's 12 month warranty is expired then they'll have to pay for a repair. If your friend is worried about it possibly being damaged/glitched then maybe they should look into getting new joy cons instead.

As for wired controllers they can work as well (and are way better for Smash than the joy cons are), there have been some problems mentioned about some not working/connecting, though I haven't heard any more complaints about them in a while. I haven't had any problems with my controller fwiw, and unless your friend is really unlucky I'm sure a wired controller won't cause any problems for them.

Back
Top Bottom