• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point is, we would have seen this 6 years ago if this was the case lol
We typically dont get events for worldwide holiday traditions for the games, Pokemon Go is different of course where we always get the luvdisk and pink pokemon events and the ice christmas events. Although they do make a big deal with the Halloween events ingame, so there is that. That is a good point.

Def agreed, if we were to get something, it def would have been revealed ahead of time.
Fair XD It was mostly in jest anyway. Though... would it have been the first time GameFreak made a weird decision?

(if you say yes, you're a dirty, dirty liar)

Also, agreed on the whole Direct business, probably we will get a separate one for the reveal of the games, but they might allude to it

Well that's not a good sign :p those games are regularly ranked last.

By whom exactly? 4chan? They were very well received upon release and seen as a much needed breathe of fresh air for the series overall. More like people needed something else to troll on after they got tired of bitching about the Hoenn games ad nauseam.

X & Y or Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon on the other hand... but that's neither here no there. If dumbed down mobile styled games are your thing, then I won't judge you. Dunno about anybody else, but I'd much rather another much needed breathe of fresh air.

Sun and Moon had so many trailers that they could have spread it out to march and april and we still wouldn't be in a drought

It will be wonderful and often surprising to find out what the actual gameplay elements will be: Some aspects at their core may be essentially the same, but then if so, also rather enhanced and expanded upon!

im pretty sure the first things to be revealed are the logos for the games. maybe the titles and that's about it. after the silence, i still find that something to look forward too and can be something to talk about. I wouldnt expect new shadows of pokemon or new pokemon reveals.

Like what? Aside from maybe some discussion about the themes of the storyline, the names and logos don't really tell you much else. We're pretty much not going to have much to talk about until we see the first trailer, like the one shown off in XY's reveal and the one we saw in May for SM. Where we actually see the new Pokemon, the protagonists, the region, etc. Actual gameplay. And considering that we've already known about this game for months already, they really shouldn't show anything less. A name and a logo isn't really going to do much to generate hype, we need actual answers about what this game is like.

I would honestly prefer if they actually only included Pokemon that aren't and doesn't have any relations to any Kanto Pokemon. There's still a good chunk of Pokemon to work with if that's done. Or maybe I just want Kanto to be on the way sidelines considering how much attention it got.

By whom exactly? 4chan? They were very well received upon release and seen as a much needed breathe of fresh air for the series overall. More like people needed something else to troll on after they got tired of bitching about the Hoenn games ad nauseam.

X & Y or Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon on the other hand... but that's neither here no there. If dumbed down mobile styled games are your thing, then I won't judge you. Dunno about anybody else, but I'd much rather another much needed breathe of fresh air.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I can see you like Gen 5 by your profile, but Gen 5 is considered by many fans as the weakest of the 7 generations.

In any ranking system one entry unfortunately has to come last, not everyone can win a prize
When did I say anything about a ranking? Don't try to put a rank on something opinionated. There's a reason why ranking games in a factual fashion doesn't work.

When did I say anything about a ranking? Don't try to put a rank on something opinionated.

My first comment on the topic was
Well that's not a good sign :p those games are regularly ranked last.
Gen 5 is deemed by many as the weakest generation. If you ran a poll of favourite generations, Gen 5 would likely come last.
Of course its all opinions, there are Gen 5 fans out there, the poster at the top of this page for example, but they are probably the smallest of the 7 groups

I said it was deemed by many as the weakest, if you ran a poll of favourite generations, Gen 5 would likely come last.
Of course its all opinions, there are Gen 5 fans out there, the poster at the top of this page for example, but they are probably the smallest of the 7 groups
I'm pretty sure the group of Gen 5 fans are not a small group, if they were, you wouldn't see much praise for the game on Twitter for example.

Honestly, there's really no need to reveal them early in the year. XY was revealed in January and did have a good amount of initial announcements as we got the region, legendaries, and starters, but outside of Sylveon and Mega Mewtwo Y we got very little else on the games until May. SM was revealed in February, and until May of that year we got absolutely nothing on those games either. Finally, USUM was revealed in May, but didn't get going until late Summer, with the only major addition we got between then being the Necrozma forms, the Photo Club, and Lycanroc Dusk.

So really, the only reason we need an announcement now is out of courtesy since we the fans (and maybe the investors as well) want to know what's coming for the franchise, but we learn so little about them that you could push it off until later and the only thing lost is not getting a sparse few details.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I can see you like Gen 5 by your profile, but Gen 5 is considered by many fans as the weakest of the 7 generations.

So are Gen 6, 7, and maybe 4 as well depending on who you ask, so it's really all subjective. Fans are going to be vocal about whichever game they hate the most, Gen 5 is just one of many in that regard.

So which Gen do you think would come last then lol. And twitter is not representative of anything.
I said Twitter as an example, not the representation as a whole. If anything, I would say Gen 7 would come last since Z-Moves weren't as well received as Mega Evolution and I know many didn't like the removal of gyms.

As much as I hate Gen 5, I usually see it as being one of the top favorites along with Hoenn.

But honestly, I think all discussions over which game was the best or worst is kind of a dumb argument without a winner- objectively, Gen 1 and 2 had to have been the worst, but as the building blocks for everything that followed, I don't think it's fair to compare them.

I said Twitter as an example, not the representation as a whole. If anything, I would say Gen 7 would come last since Z-Moves weren't as well received as Mega Evolution and I know many didn't like the removal of gyms.

In japan this was the opposite, Z and Alolan forms were def more well received than Mega. There was a huge amount of fighting and bickering with Mega in XY. Z didn't see this at all bar that one trick pony eevee one in VGC.

Just found 2 online polls, of course this is all subjective, and they didn't include Gen 7

First one ranked them as
Gen 3
Gen 1
Gen 4
Gen 2
Gen 6
Gen 5

Second one had

Gen 2
Gen 1
Gen 3
Gen 4
Gen 6
Gen 5

So a diverse mix, but both had 6 and 5 ranked second to last and last respectively.
Of course it's possible that Gen 7 is even lower than Gen 5, but both polls were before Gen 7 came out

I'm not sure there is any real fair way to say which generation did the best or worst unless you use raw sales as data or being awarded prestigious awards in that respective generation or sales feats.

I personally have enjoyed every generation with the positives and negatives they have showcased.

Just found 2 online polls, of course this is all subjective, and they didn't include Gen 7

First one ranked them as
Gen 3
Gen 1
Gen 4
Gen 2
Gen 6
Gen 5

Second one had

Gen 2
Gen 1
Gen 3
Gen 4
Gen 6
Gen 5

So a diverse mix, but both had 6 and 5 ranked second to last and last respectively.
Of course it's possible that Gen 7 is even lower than Gen 5, but both polls were before Gen 7 came out
You can't rely on outdated polls to rank the games as of currently, opinions can change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom