• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The belief was that we would get Gen 3 remakes in Gen 5, no doubt when XY came out, many would've claimed this discredited the RSemakes, written it off as FRLG and HGSS were just made as their originals couldn't connect to the current series at that point etc.
Then 1 year later...

Look, they're different situations. A remake of Ruby and Sapphire was predictable, and yet, it was not something that the community knew, but rather that part of it have predicted correctly (it was a guess).

In the case of Plus and Minus and Crown and Scepter, it wasn't a guess, but a supposed "leak." So the person who "leaked" the information should know exactly what he was talking about. Otherwise, it would not be a "leak", right? In addition, have already been said several reasons for which we know that these rumors were fakes.

Don't you agree that they are totally different situations?

Last edited:
Jokes are only funny when both sides are laughing, what you and your friends do is mocking and belittling making the thread unwelcoming to anyone who wishes to discuss a topic you personally are done with.
Dude, the joke was not targeting you. It was making fun of the fact that once we discredit the last leak, it goes back to Plus/Minus. Calm down, dude.

Here's everything mentioned in this rumor, for reference:

The region is based on the UK.
Both Crown & Sceptre and Plus & Minus are fake.
It will be revealed in a Pokemon Direct on February 14th.
The player will be able to revisit Kalos.
There are between 100-110 new Pokemon.
PokeBank will come to the Switch.
The game will not use LGPE's graphics.
The camera can be controlled through the right stick.
The evil team is like Team Plasma.
The games are not open world, but the routes and cities are bigger than in previous games.

Honestly the ability to control the camera seems iffy to me. I know recent games let you do that for a few frames in any direction, but a fully controllable camera for Pokemon seems weird unless they are adopting a fully 3D look like BOTW and not LGPE's 2.5 D / isomeric sorta feel. This is the big thing on the list I dont trust to be a thing.

Dude, the joke was not targeting you. It was making fun of the fact that once we discredit the last leak, it goes back to Plus/Minus. Calm down, dude.

It wasn't targeting me, it was generic mocking/parodying of other users who do believe or at least wish to discuss these theories.
It creates a hostile environment on this page. It's not laughing along WITH people, it's laughing AT them.
When a group of individuals all then group together and reinforce each other that's when it descends into bullying and gets the page locked yet again.

Found it on 4chan

Ok, thank you!! It is quite intriguing isn't it!

This is a similar post that happened on the same day; i am reposting it so there is some reference to what we are discussing on this page!

Friends of @firstdates_tv, we are preparing a week of love filled with special moments that we want to live with you all. But next Wednesday in #FirstDates837 something will happen that you do not imagine. Are you going to miss it?

Hey, Defiant, could you honestly answer my question?

I feel like it could be pokémon. Animal crossing is nowhere as big

Yes, I had been trying to figure out if Animal Crossing is popular in Spain; enough to be included in this First Dates show! Pokemon really feels like one of the few video game concepts that could be extended into some type of unusual crossover situation that seems to be hinted at by the promotional graphic.

Would it just be this show I wonder, or, will it appear in many other unusual media places across many countries, that just has not been announced as this one has?

I honestly think its likely that we could get a valentines day reveal for Pokemon. Everything seems to be hinting around love

PaulRobertRyan also said that February / March is going to be a very interesting month and that we will definitely get a reveal before e3

February 13th for most of the west would be Feb 14th in Japan. (Morning/afternoon for them previous day/evening for us

"Just joking" I presume? That was the excuse earlier wasn't it?
Interesting your jokes only target people wishing to contribute.
There's contributing, and then there's talking about a years-old leak that's been disproven time and time again.

If saying that Plus and Minus is confirmed fake counts as bullying, then you can include the mods in that group, because it's marked as proven fake in Pyrax's post at the start of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom