• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think they might not even talk about Gen 8 for all of the 5 days.

There is a lot going on with Pokemon this year already, with Detective Pikachu, the Mewtwo movie, anime wrapping up sun/moon, LGPE, Pokemon Quest etc.

Multiple days isn't a bad sign imo because they could be saving the Gen 8 news for the final day of the Q/A.
Treehouse only talks about games though. They’re definitely not going to cover the anime/detective pikachu/mewtwo movie.

We have to remember, we also have two movies releasing this year, one in the summer (for Japan, NA and the rest of the world are N/A but it could be announced then), and a live action film of Detective Pikachu, so they could easily fill most of the spots of each day. Too add, we COULD see a Gen 8 reveal/tease IF they decide to reveal a new Gen 8 Pokemon for the Mewtwo movie on those days, making things a bit more spicy and flavorful (Guy, where you at in Flavor Town?).
As for the Q&A, as Joe, Paul, and others before have stated, the fact that Nintendo of America went out of their way to bring the Treehouse crew to this event is highly suspicious, and leans towards something very plausible happening. There is just not enough of Let's Go to warrant 5 days worth of Q&A, and oddly it seems Pikachu and Eevee are only there on the 27th, though someone I know pointed out that TPC and TPCi are trying to make Eevee the second mascot of Pokemon now, so maybe thats why.
Also to add, unless it is confirmed to be fake, if we get a general Nintendo Direct this week (rumor says the 13th or 14th), why would they go all out and have the Treehouse crew come to the pokemon event as opposed to doing one after a major general Direct as they are known to do (at least in the past, someone please confirm for me if they did so in the last general Direct, thank you).
In the worst case scenario, they could just focus only on a select few spin-offs, maybe talk about Shiny Meltan and Melmetal. They could also discuss a new side game like Quest, or another eShop title like Shuffle, There is a lot of possibilities that also turn off a possible reveal for Gen 8. (If memory serves correct, the trademarks for PokePark were filed again recently, maybe a remaster or port? Another unknown Wii/Wii U port was rumored by someone on Era I believe).
In the end, I think we all have to temper expectations, and wait and see how things turn out. In the end of the day, the fair bet is we all know Gen 8 is coming soon, and that is more than enough to satisfy our enjoyment. In all, let's wait it out, and see what develops.
Anyways, cheers all, and Happy Monday!

Last edited:
It's not unusual for a Direct to be announced only like 24 hours or even less beforehand.

Ok!! I was wondering, i tried to look up on twitter to see when the most recent ones had been announced, but of course the search was returning specifically lots of chatter about the possible upcoming one!! Thank you :) :)

I do wonder why they would need five days of Q/A's just for a spin-off game or LGPE.

Possibly they could be showcasing a demo-version of Gen 8?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBMCp-yse38

Did he finally loose it or is he on something?

Ehhh. I think Gen 4 remakes are likely, but to do two remakes in a row on the Switch before releasing any new Pokemon? That's not gonna happen. (Didn't Game Freak confirm these games will feature new Pokemon?)

His points seem really odd, too.

• He brings up the toys including Shaymin before Shaymin was revealed in the anime as a sign, but those toys are pretty clearly based on the anime? Nagisa's in that toy lineup, too, and I'm pretty sure they would have included a haircut Pikachu if it was game-based.
  • I don't understand what he's getting at with the Valentine's tweets? He talks about how they've been tweeting about it for what he considers to be too soon to be regular, but then the only Gen 4 remake clue he points to is yesterday's tweet, which is only four days before Valentine's. (Actually, Poke Valentines started on the eighth, not even a week before Valentines, so I don't think it's that weird?) He says they might be trying to drum up attention for a reveal, but a) I'm pretty sure everyone following the Pokemon twitter and looking at fun facts about Pokemon is already paying attention, and b) every tweet about Valentines Day features a Pokemon introduced after Gen 4. (Rockruff, Sylveon, Diancie, and Chespin if you count the start of it) (Also he says "Valentine's Day isn't really important in Japan" later in the video, so why would they base a whole game announcement around it?)
  • He says Feb 15 is the cutoff date before Pokemon Day? Why? BW2 were announced Feb 26-that's before Pokemon Day and after Feb 15.
  • "There's so much building up"? Even taking all this as evidence, we've got one item in a game, one anime character, and one tweet. That's really not a lot.
  • Masuda's tweeting a lot about cold (in the winter), and tweeted about Sinnoh's real-life counterpart (because the cold there became dangerous)

Also, perfect example of why I don't like a lot of YouTubers. He dragged this out into ten minutes, when it could have been summed up really easily:
Theory: Gen 4 remakes are coming soon, and will be announced before Feb 15
  • LGPE put a Revive in front of a picture of Spear Pillar ("reviving" Sinnoh?)
  • Mallow recently got a Shaymin in the anime, the first time a Mythical has been a recurring part of the regular anime outside of its generation.
  • Yesterday, the Pokemon Twitter tweeted about Diancie's ability to create diamonds.
  • Masuda's tweeting about the cold a lot, and even tweeted about Sinnoh's real-life counterpart.
  • The PokeTimes twitter has been tweeting about a sleepy Pachirisu, and the most recent tweet says that it "can't sleep in tomorrow".

There-ten minutes in six sentences, and I didn't even make any ad revenue off of this.

Is anyone else browsing 4chan atm? There's a very daft thread were a 'leaker' called junka is answering questions based on daft conditions. He says they're called King and Queen (because of course they are) with a dragon and a wolf box legendary, and the starters are a camel (fire), a kingfisher (water), and a badger (grass).

It's pretty likely to be fake, but it's also quite a long thread. (This guy has a Twitter, but he/she literally created it this month).

Ehhh. I think Gen 4 remakes are likely, but to do two remakes in a row on the Switch before releasing any new Pokemon? That's not gonna happen. (Didn't Game Freak confirm these games will feature new Pokemon?)

His points seem really odd, too.

• He brings up the toys including Shaymin before Shaymin was revealed in the anime as a sign, but those toys are pretty clearly based on the anime? Nagisa's in that toy lineup, too, and I'm pretty sure they would have included a haircut Pikachu if it was game-based.
  • I don't understand what he's getting at with the Valentine's tweets? He talks about how they've been tweeting about it for what he considers to be too soon to be regular, but then the only Gen 4 remake clue he points to is yesterday's tweet, which is only four days before Valentine's. (Actually, Poke Valentines started on the eighth, not even a week before Valentines, so I don't think it's that weird?) He says they might be trying to drum up attention for a reveal, but a) I'm pretty sure everyone following the Pokemon twitter and looking at fun facts about Pokemon is already paying attention, and b) every tweet about Valentines Day features a Pokemon introduced after Gen 4. (Rockruff, Sylveon, Diancie, and Chespin if you count the start of it) (Also he says "Valentine's Day isn't really important in Japan" later in the video, so why would they base a whole game announcement around it?)
  • He says Feb 15 is the cutoff date before Pokemon Day? Why? BW2 were announced Feb 26-that's before Pokemon Day and after Feb 15.
  • "There's so much building up"? Even taking all this as evidence, we've got one item in a game, one anime character, and one tweet. That's really not a lot.
  • Masuda's tweeting a lot about cold (in the winter), and tweeted about Sinnoh's real-life counterpart (because the cold there became dangerous)
It's the same sort of straw-grasping that people trying to find hints of Sinnoh remakes have been doing for years now. I don't know why people think we'd get them before Gen VIII, this late into Gen VII's lifespan, especially when we've already gotten a set of remakes in LGPE.

if it's 5 days we could potentially see a spinoff announced too, like another mystery dungeon or something, because yeah it's odd

5 hours seems like a lot even for gen 8, but they wouldn't fly treehouse people out if it was a just a general Q&A on the franchise because as mentioned, treehouse only deals with games, and doesn't actually localize the pokemon games.

if it's 5 days we could potentially see a spinoff announced too, like another mystery dungeon or something, because yeah it's odd

5 hours seems like a lot even for gen 8, but they wouldn't fly treehouse people out if it was a just a general Q&A on the franchise because as mentioned, treehouse only deals with games, and doesn't actually localize the pokemon games.
What do you think will happen mate , I personally think we could get an announcement this week

Also the rumoured direct should be announced 9am EST , which is in roughly 16 hours and 10 minutes

Only thing I hope there are no mistranslated statements this time with this QA.

The LGPE QA session was full of mistranslations from english media outlets asking questions, getting replies from gamefreak and mistranslating causing widespread panic and chaos for the public community, especially with the core game statement by gamefreak. I dont want to see that again personally.

Some of the statements we got in english were the exact opposite of what Gamefreak officially said or where outright untrue which really gave the wrong idea about LGPE. That being our first reveal and impression was incredibly self destructive.

Last edited:
Only thing I hope there are no mistranslated statements this time with this QA.

The LGPE QA session was full of mistranslations from english media outlets asking questions, getting replies from gamefreak and mistranslating causing widespread panic and chaos for the public community, especially with the core game statement by gamefreak. I dont want to see that again personally.

Some of the statements we got in english were the exact opposite of what Gamefreak officially said or where outright untrue which really gave the wrong idea about LGPE. That being our first reveal and impression was incredibly self destructive.
Didn't that also happen a few times with Gen VII? If I recall correctly, some people translated the "no new Megas" statement as "Megas will be removed".

Didn't that also happen a few times with Gen VII? If I recall correctly, some people translated the "no new Megas" statement as "Megas will be removed".

Yeah there have been a lot of this in past reveals. It causes so much widespread damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom