• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It definitely sounds like an announcement is happening soon. I can't imagine how they could hold a 5 day Q&A and not have a single question be related to 8th gen. I think it's safe to say we'll see something this month.

So this was posted recently by GameXplain:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJlSq-J3z4o

TL;DR, Derek basically thinks this is all aimed at kids, even Treehouse being there. He specifically states that this all lines up for kids to enjoy Pokemon, and may not hold anything fruitful. He even mentions that Treehouse might be there to answer fun questions and trivia for kids regarding Pokemon. He also points out there is lack of any word on if the event will be streamed, hence he believes this has nothing to do with anything new. Only time will tell with this. Let's see what we will get. Just remember, temper expectations a bit. Cheers!

Considering the countdown last year, I actually wouldn't be too surprised if it was just a kids event.

Well it does have face painting advertised for the event and a Pikachu / Eevee appearance, so it likely could be very well a childs event.

It seems child focused but it just feels weird to me that they'd fly treehouse employees out, to play with kids 1 hour a day, for 5 days. The treehouse presence really throws things off
I don't know who else they'd have do Q&A, though... could just be the same treehouse people they have do the E3 presentations, they have a very kid-friendly tone to them. XD

I don't know who else they'd have do Q&A, though... could just be the same treehouse people they have do the E3 presentations, they have a very kid-friendly tone to them. XD

that's the thing though, assuming that it's the same treehouse group as the one we see at e3, they don't actually work on localisation for pokemon or anything, so having them do a Q&A for the franchise seems odd as it's not like they would have extensive knowledge of the series or anything like that

that's the thing though, assuming that it's the same treehouse group as the one we see at e3, they don't actually work on localisation for pokemon or anything, so having them do a Q&A for the franchise seems odd as it's not like they would have extensive knowledge of the series or anything like that
They wouldn't really need extensive knowledge to answer kids' questions, though.

I don't know, I'm just iffy about the event- not saying that it's not for Gen 8, but it's also really possible that it's not, especially with that kid focus.

About the Q&A thing, I think if it will be related to new games (from the main line) there would be developers there. So, if it be confirmed that there will be no Game Freak developers there, it will also be confirmed that the Q&A will not be related to new mainline games.

If any developer confirms presence, it would be important to note that Shigeru is probably the Director of the next games, and his presence would be indispensable.

Last edited:
I was finally considering earlier that they could simply not announce a Pokemon Direct at all, then just release it, i guess going by the current indications, on February 14th in Japan, and so, it would be a surprise!

In some ways that would create even more excitement than announcing it ahead of time.

I posted this somewhere else already, but I guess I'll post it here as well (aka I copy and pasted my own post from there to here lol I am lazy):
It does seem a bit odd that they'd have the Treehouse reps called over just to do an event to entertain young children, but then again times have changed. I still remember the Pokemon tours they would do (and the only means to do Pokemon Events as well) and they'd hire locals to dress up as NPC's from the games to entertain kids, and even hand out TCG packs. I presume it will be similar to that with only then not needing to go out and hire random people this time (as a safe measure especially after what has been going on as of late).
So yeah, that may very well be the case why Treehouse was called out. The last thing TPCi needs is to be accused of hiring a pedophile in a event centered for kids. So that is my 2 cents. Let's see how it will play out. Anyways, cheers!

Did CoroCoro leak yet? I'm wondering if this month's issue said we're getting big Pokémon news next month.

Only the cover, and it doesn't look like there's anything Pokémon related on it.

Just don't act shocked if nothing happens this month except for that figurine reveal. The complaints last February were bad enough.

You know, I was confident in a January announcement previously, with a big trailer with the starters, legendaries and everything else being shown (I've already mentioned all the reasons for thinking so pages ago, no need to quote it all over again, it would be repetitive).

However, I considered just two more possibilities (because of the live action): a teaser being shown in January on the supposed Direct we thought we would have, and then a long dry period until May (similar to Sun and Moon's pre-release, if you think about). Or just a dry period until May, with no new information before that (again, I've already said all the reasons for thinking so pages ago).

We didn't have the January Direct that everyone expected, and now we are 2 days away from a February one instead.

Because it will be the first Nintendo Direct of the year, and for some other reasons, I really believe we can get a teaser of the games on it. Or, at least, a Pokémon Direct being shown immediately after it, or being announced after it, or something like that.

Pokémon will be the main Switch game this year. And they know fans are hungry for news about this game. I know they've done things like this before, but I think they would be being really "tricky" with the fans if they shown a Nintendo Direct now without at least mentioning this game.

But at the same time, if they don't show anything on this Direct, or don't announce a Pokémon Direct for later, I'll start to believe that we will not have any kind of announcement (not even a teaser) until May (as I said, even if it happens, that would not mean we would not have any kind of news, we probably would have news like Magearna and Zygarde forms before that). I know a lot of people disagree with that. Obviously, it's just my opinion.

I'm personally looking forward this Direct.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom