• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if the figure in March really is a New Pokemon, then I can't imagine a future where that somehow results in no reveal until May. At worst, I think we are looking at late March/ early April. Plus, I think Paul has mentioned that a bunch of new mystery merchandise is scheduled to be revealed in May, so I think that's also reason to believe the announcement will be before May.

So, he ignores the fact that they already said that it's going to have lots of new Pokémon (AKA a new region). sigh The more I hear about him, the less I want to hear him.

I don't mean to condone Veri in any way, but, let's face it:

1. that was a generalized, off-hand comment they made almost a year ago. New pokemon could just mean new megas or it could have meant nothing
  2. There are no patterns anymore. There's nothing stopping them from adding new Pokemon to the gen 4 dex. This isn't Kanto, so they might be less afraid to shake things up.

That said, I am highly confident we are getting a gen 4 remake/revist this gen, but definitely AFTER a new region. I am also pretty confident that the gen 4 remake is going to do things very different from previous remakes. The new game will likely tie into the a slightly altered gen 4 story (I think there is a possibility we might see Cyrus in the first gen 8 games before revisiting Sinnoh; a prequel of sorts).

I think the fact that one of the very first things they even said about the 2019 games was that they'll be all-new entries in the series akin to X & Y and Sun & Moon should have already squashed any theories about them being anything other than a new-region game. That, plus the fact that the games of that mold have always made the most money.

Well, if the figure in March really is a New Pokemon, then I can't imagine a future where that somehow results in no reveal until May. At worst, I think we are looking at late March/ early April. Plus, I think Paul has mentioned that a bunch of new mystery merchandise is scheduled to be revealed in May, so I think that's also reason to believe the announcement will be before May.

I don't mean to condone Veri in any way, but, let's face it:

1. that was a generalized, off-hand comment they made almost a year ago. New pokemon could just mean new megas or it could have meant nothing
  2. There are no patterns anymore. There's nothing stopping them from adding new Pokemon to the gen 4 dex. This isn't Kanto, so they might be less afraid to shake things up.
That said, I am highly confident we are getting a gen 4 remake/revist this gen, but definitely AFTER a new region. I am also pretty confident that the gen 4 remake is going to do things very different from previous remakes. The new game will likely tie into the a slightly altered gen 4 story (I think there is a possibility we might see Cyrus in the first gen 8 games before revisiting Sinnoh; a prequel of sorts).
I know, but after LGPE I feel that they need to do something more than a remake to make the best of the console, also, I don't think the fandom will take it well if we get another remake. However, I would like to see a Gen IV remake, but like you said, after an actual Gen VIII.

I actually don't remember the January discussion. XD But I'm also a little sick at the moment so memory isn't the best.
Oh, and get better soon, Oriden.

Can anyone confirm if these post-May dates are correct (other than Japan's, which we already know is wrong)?

Pokémon Detective Pikachu (2019)

And yeah, I don't know, I tried confirming France but it's hard to find French information from an English Google search. XD If anyone can confirm any of those non-May dates in that list, that would be fantastic.

IMDB is wrong about Japan. The official site gives May 2019 as a release month, while IMDB claims that June 22 is the date.

I figured, I just like to cross-check information just in case. XD

Welp, and @Unown Seer points out exactly why- crosschecking for the win!

So, Romania, Australia, Argentina, Chile, Denmark and France.

I'm not sure about the accuracy of them, but I found these sites (France - May, Argentina - May). It is hard to search for reliable websites in other languages. But I start to thinking those post-May dates of imdb are all wrong now.

Last edited:
Oh, and get better soon, Oriden.

Can anyone confirm if these post-May dates are correct (other than Japan's, which we already know is wrong)?

Pokémon Detective Pikachu (2019)

So, Romania, Australia, Argentina, Chile, Denmark and France.

I'm not sure about the accuracy of them, but I found these sites (France - May, Argentina - May). It is hard to search for reliable websites in other languages. But I start to thinking those post-May dates of imdb are all wrong now.
I'm not too sure if this helps, but the sites I usually frequent for movie release dates and movie news are usually The Hollywood Report, Screen Rant, ComingSoon.net, Fan Dango, and oddly for the UK (thanks to my older sister) Metro.co.uk as well. I managed to check at least two I listed, namely comingsoon.net and metro, and both list Detective Pikachu worldwide for May 10th, 2019. They could be wrong, as they previously slated that Dragon Ball Super: Broly was only going to be a 2 day movie event in the US (it was actually a 5 day event, and extended even longer). So maybe things will or have changed, here are the sources:
  1. ComingSoon.net
  2. Metro UK
On topic, after seeing the amiibos for Smash (namely the Pokemon Trainer, Ivysaur, and Squirtle ones), it got me thinking, how would people feel about amiibo support in Pokemon Gen 8? Like maybe scan the Greninja amiibo to get a special Froakie that has Battle Bond, or scan Charizard's Amiibo to get its Mega Stone early, or Pokemon Trainer to steal get his costume. I personally would like it if they made special amiibo cards for event Pokemon that we scan and can get them in the games. Would help if one were to have missed an event Pokemon, like me with Genesect :cry:
In all, let's see what the future holds, Paul seems very optimistic for something, but idk why, I feel we may just get a new Mewtwo, maybe an Super Saiyan Mewtwo or something like a Mutated Mewtwo, where its so corrupt that its a danger to us all....boo. I scared you all didn't I? No?...Aww well, I;m gonna go and study for my test in the morning. Cheers all, and Happy Thursday!

I'm not too sure if this helps, but the sites I usually frequent for movie release dates and movie news are usually The Hollywood Report, Screen Rant, ComingSoon.net, Fan Dango, and oddly for the UK (thanks to my older sister) Metro.co.uk as well. I managed to check at least two I listed, namely comingsoon.net and metro, and both list Detective Pikachu worldwide for May 10th, 2019. They could be wrong, as they previously slated that Dragon Ball Super: Broly was only going to be a 2 day movie event in the US (it was actually a 5 day event, and extended even longer). So maybe things will or have changed, here are the sources:
  1. ComingSoon.net
  2. Metro UK
It helped, thank you! I think imdbs dates are really wrong.

On topic, after seeing the amiibos for Smash (namely the Pokemon Trainer, Ivysaur, and Squirtle ones), it got me thinking, how would people feel about amiibo support in Pokemon Gen 8? Like maybe scan the Greninja amiibo to get a special Froakie that has Battle Bond, or scan Charizard's Amiibo to get its Mega Stone early, or Pokemon Trainer to steal get his costume. I personally would like it if they made special amiibo cards for event Pokemon that we scan and can get them in the games. Would help if one were to have missed an event Pokemon, like me with Genesect :cry:
In all, let's see what the future holds, Paul seems very optimistic for something, but idk why, I feel we may just get a new Mewtwo, maybe an Super Saiyan Mewtwo or something like a Mutated Mewtwo, where its so corrupt that its a danger to us all....boo. I scared you all didn't I? No?...Aww well, I;m gonna go and study for my test in the morning. Cheers all, and Happy Thursday!
I think it would be cool. I liked your examples. And make special amiibo cards for event Pokemon is a good idea, imo.

1. ComingSoon.net
  2. Metro UK

I don’t really want Amiibo to have new Pokemon, it might pave way for amiibo exclusive Pokémon and scalping will push their prizes a lot.
And it’s isn’t unrealistic given that Mew is currently exclusive to the controller.

Obligatory Groudon since nobody posted one yet:

1457181254373.png

I am excited for DQ Switch, though.

This may be just my opinion, but is the long wait for the release of at least something having to do with Gen 8 killing the hype of it? To me, it's more of a " Alright, i'm over this already. Let's at least get some info." than being excited.

Also...why is everyone circling Pokemon Day for a reveal? Those five days aren't going to be streamed, so I highly doubt they'll release something as important as Gen 8 titles on something that's not streamed.

The long wait is killing my hype for Animal Crossing-- still excited, but more subdued after getting nothing. People were making summoning circles for a new game, the announcement was clearly done in a way that they knew we were dying for news, but then they gave us nothing. If it's delayed, just tell me, I just need something more than "This is a thing... eventually." ;-;

My hype for Gen 8 is pretty high right now since we know that they're going to be released this year (probably around November, according to most predictions here), so we have to get a reveal soon. The general consensus is we'll get something between the end of February and when the movie comes out in May, which is kind of a long time frame, so pretty much my hype is coming more from the "it could happen at any moment" energy than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom