• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes :) It is quite a coincidence to have that number there;
Eh... I think there's a difference between then and now. Namely this-

View: https://twitter.com/VegetableCookin/status/1081824484930142208

He was passing along information gained from a new source, not someone he trusted.

Considering the absurd confidence that he is expressing now, I assume whatever information sparked it came from a trusted source this time around.

He hinted at lets go a month early

He was passing along information gained from a new source, not someone he trusted.

Considering the absurd confidence that he is expressing now, I assume whatever information sparked it came from a trusted source this time around.

Honestly, I don't think he has any reliable source for now, and I think he's just trying to hit a date since the start of the year.

But say that the previously information came from another source doesn't make this one more reliable.

Of course, with so many "sources" and predictions he will coincidentally be right somehour. He isn't a trustworthy leaker to me.

He is also "running away" from the question, and hasn't yet made it clear whether this is a bet or a "leak".

Last edited:
Off topic but, What do you guys think the new battle gimmick of Gen 8 could likely be?
If I had to guess it might be something like ‘Upgrading’ Abilities during battle, seeing as they’ve done Moves and Evolutions already.

Though personally if we do get a new Gimmick I’d like something that doesn’t necessitate it’s own use.
Like you need to have a Mega Evolving Pokémon, you need to have a Pokémon holding a Z-Crystal. How about something we don’t need. Something that you could find a use for, but if you can’t you’re not at a disadvantage in comparison to someone who can.

Honestly, I don't think he has any reliable source for now, and I think he's just trying to hit a date since the start of the year.

But say that the previously information came from another source doesn't make this one more reliable.

Of course, with so many "sources" and predictions he will coincidentally be right somehour.
He also marked that last one as a rumor and did not express total confidence in it, just a willingness to believe it as possibly being legit. It's the drastic difference in expressed confidence that makes me think that he might possibly have something.

I like to think that people don't stake their bacon on longshots- unless they have something to gain from it. But deleting his account wouldn't help his viewership any (unlike promising $500+ if he's wrong) so I don't see how taking this kind of risk could possibly benefit him?

I understand what do you mean. You have the right to believe in him. I'm just saying that even if we have something on Pokémon Day, I really don't.

Off topic but, What do you guys think the new battle gimmick of Gen 8 could likely be?
It can be a new mechanic or no mechanic at all, I don't care as long as they save fusion for a Gen 5 remake.

I understand what do you mean. You have the right to believe in him. I'm just saying that even if we have something on Pokémon Day, I really don't.
Well, I mean I wouldn't believe what he reports 100% of the time, but I rather respect his transparency in regards to how much he trusts his information. As long as he remains transparent and doesn't express total trust in something that falls utterly flat, I think it would be more fair to give him the benefit of the doubt- not like we've got a huge number of trustworthy leakers, so no use writing a potential one off for posting a rumor that he clearly wasn't totally confident in.

Is there any reason to believe he even has a trustable source, though? If he doesn't have any sort of reputation, I don't see why a reliable source would decide to send info to him as opposed to anyone else.

Is there any reason to believe he even has a trustable source, though? If he doesn't have any sort of reputation, I don't see why a reliable source would decide to send info to him as opposed to anyone else.
XD I honestly don't know- if he doesn't have any reputation, why are we looking at his tweets in the first place? lol

Like I said, I'm just giving him the benefit of the doubt based on his confidence and transparency (and lack of anything to gain from losing on his gamble).

Well, I mean I wouldn't believe what he reports 100% of the time, but I rather respect his transparency in regards to how much he trusts his information. As long as he remains transparent and doesn't express total trust in something that falls utterly flat, I think it would be more fair to give him the benefit of the doubt- not like we've got a huge number of trustworthy leakers, so no use writing a potential one off for posting a rumor that he clearly wasn't totally confident in.

That's why I don't think he's a trustworthy leaker. The only information he "leaked" before was about LGPE, and even then, it was somewhat questionable/arguable. Since then, he has been missing many things. He doesn't seem any realiable at all, to me.

Many people are also confident that we can have something on Pokémon Day (like Paul, who said he was 100% confident that we will have something). And yet, Paul, as far we know, has no insider information, why should we believe that Vegetable Perap is different? Remembering that he hasn't even confirmed yet whether this is another bet or a "leak", he simply ran away from the question.

Betting your twitter account also doesn't make your leak more or less reliable. And it's a little weird how his source just contacted him two days after he missed his prediction about the Direct.

Last edited:
Something I have not considered before is, there is an extent to which it can be interpreted, abstractly, that Gen 8 will probably not have the same musical style as Let's Go.

I think if Let's Go was not made, it would otherwise feel very likely before Gen 8 that the music might be rather orchestral! It still could be but I do think it would have some ways of being unique.

How would everyone feel if Pokemon Day doesn't show us anything?

I'd be a bit disappointed. Any news at any point would be most welcome.

Yes; I think, it would probably be disappointing, as far as, it is the only Pokemon Day before Gen 8 is released. It is a special opportunity, especially given how impressive the game itself may indeed be!

The glass-half-full aspect that wouldn't be disappointing would be that, if they don't reveal it then, they must have an even better idea of when and how to do so!! :) :)

And yet, you have no way to prove whether I do or do not have access to "insider information."
I have seen more merchandise than anyone else in this entire community, I literally met with industry insiders, the Pokémon Company, amongst others less than a month ago. So how can you claim such a ridiculous statement?

I'm basing on what you say in your videos, because I follow your work. If you say otherwise, I will believe you, but because you are a trustworthy person in the community.

My statement was not "ridiculous", I wasn't even questioning anything about you, but about the user on twitter.

Last edited:
I'm basing myself on what you say in your videos, because I follow your work. If you say otherwise, I will believe you, but because you are a trustworthy person in the community.

My statement was not "ridiculous", I wasn't even questioning anything about you, but about the user on twitter.

Apologies. Sorry I had seen someone trying to slander me here, and I wanted to clarify that I don't make lofty confident statements on a whim. 10 days to go!

Alright, can we please not start a fight? You're just going to make the mods come back in here and they're going to give us another warning. Myth...you shouldn't call people out for not having insider information, if you don't know whether he does or not.

EDIT: Never mind. I posted this comment before you said that you weren't talking about Pokeshopper. My bad.

How would everyone feel if Pokemon Day doesn't show us anything?

I'd be a bit disappointed. Any news at any point would be most welcome.

a tad dissapointed mainly because pokemon day would be such a fun day for them to announce something. I'm still personally expecting the games to 100% be announced before May starts though so I don't think it would kill my hype though.

I have a feeling they wont withhold the announcement for much longer for two main reasons
  1. new gen, not a remake so it's already more likely to be announced earlier in the year anyways
  2. Pre-announcement LGPE was a mess (leaked screenshot months before reveal, leaked logos weeks before reveal) and I assume they wouldn't want that to happen again. Announcing the game preemptively can't prevent leaks but it can at least give them more control so to say

That's why I don't think he's a trustworthy leaker. The only information he "leaked" before was about LGPE, and even then, it was somewhat questionable/arguable. Since then, he has been missing many things. He doesn't seem any realiable at all, to me.

Many people are also confident that we can have something on Pokémon Day (like Paul, who said he was 100% confident that we will have something). And yet, Paul has no insider information, why should we believe that Vegetable Perap is different? Remembering that he hasn't even confirmed yet whether this is another bet or a "leak", he simply ran away from the question.

Betting your twitter account also doesn't make your leak more or less reliable. And it's a little weird how his source just contacted him two days after he missed his prediction about the Direct.
Yeah- VegetablePerap isn't one I would go all-in for, because he's not 100% reliable by any account. I'm just... tentative that he might have something. I feel like he's one best taken with a grain of salt, because he doesn't exactly have a super track record or anything and we have no confirmation on who his sources are or where they get their information from. It just seems a bit questionable to me that he would be confident enough to bet his account when deleting it doesn't gain him anything if he's wrong, just loses people's trust and makes anyone who still wants to follow him have to find whatever new account he winds up making. That or he doesn't delete his account and earns a massive shit on his credibility for lying about it. Either way- not the best bet to be wrong on. It's a rather watch-and-see situation.

I don't feel like being right would drastically improve his credibility, but it would maintain this tentative state of "maybe he's got something" until something definitively tips the scale one way or another. I mean, our options for news at this point are mostly iffy leakers with little background, and ridiculous or boringly safe lists on 4chan. -big shrug- Well, those and people with known official sources.

Speaking of which-
Apologies. Sorry I had seen someone trying to slander me here, and I wanted to clarify that I don't make lofty confident statements on a whim. 10 days to go!
XD I wanna trust your confidence 100%, Paul. I'd find it strange for you to express extreme confidence with nothing to back it, so I'm on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom