• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, can we please not start a fight? You're just going to make the mods come back in here and they're going to give us another warning. Myth...you shouldn't call people out for not having insider information, if you don't know whether he does or not.

No one here is "fighting". About Vegetable Perap, as I said, you have the right to believe in him, I'm just saying I don't believe.

Not to keep harping on the topic but I finally figured out how to best phrase my point- I don't have total faith in Vegetable Perap, but I don't see anything from him yet that would warrant not keeping an open mind. =3 That's all!

Gosh I have said too many words to express something so simple- I am so sorry about that. XD

The only reason to suspect the 26th is a Japanese tweet by Masuda, so the time zone logic doesn't work.

How would everyone feel if Pokemon Day doesn't show us anything?
I am not going to lie: I think it would be a nice lesson in humility for some people. I can keep waiting for the reveal since I don't expect to be amazed.

Don't know...if thery're actually making a 5 days Pokemon Day event because of gen 8 games, shouldn't they announce the games at least a week before that? I mean, clearly not as many people would go there to spend 5 days talking about Let's go p/e ("not as many" just cause I don't want to be rude with the let's go games, but you know...).

The only reason to suspect the 26th is a Japanese tweet by Masuda, so the time zone logic doesn't work.
I wasn't talking timezones- 12am on the night of the 26th is technically the 27th.

Not wording this right, I'll figure out what I'm trying to say eventually.

Edit: 12am on the 27th would be the end of 2/26, so like a midnight release, you're not waiting for it on the day of, you're technically getting ready the day before?

Honestly, I don't know how much I believe in Masuda's GO tweet numbers being hints anyway, but chances are pretty good that if it is a Pokemon Day reveal, most of us are gonna get it on the 26th regardless. XD

Last edited:
I wasn't talking timezones- 12am on the night of the 26th is technically the 27th.

Not wording this right, I'll figure out what I'm trying to say eventually.

Edit: 12am on the 27th would be the end of 2/26, so like a midnight release, you're not waiting for it on the day of, you're technically getting ready the day before?

Honestly, I don't know how much I believe in Masuda's GO tweet numbers being hints anyway, but chances are pretty good that if it is a Pokemon Day reveal, most of us are gonna get it on the 26th regardless. XD
People keep remembering the tweet from Masuda with the lure and the lucky egg hinting at 5:22 (I think) and 5:29 but Let's Go games were announced on May 30th in Japan, so it was not teasing anything imo.

People keep remembering the tweet from Masuda with the lure and the lucky egg hinting at 5:22 (I think) and 5:29 but Let's Go games were announced on May 30th in Japan, so it was not teasing anything imo.
Honestly, I've suspected that those numbers matching any dates may have been coincidence, but I've been reluctant to say as much. XD

Musuda has been talking alot about hot/ cold, warm/cold, rain/cold
Wasnt there a rumor of the games being called fire and ice and were they debunked??
I know some people think he may be refering to temp and that happens to tie in with negative and positive numbers

Wasnt there a rumor of the games being called fire and ice and were they debunked??
I know some people think he may be refering to temp and that happens to tie in with negative and positive numbers
Isn't that typical for him, though? He tweets about the weather constantly and has for years now.

Too Gameofthronish, Never gonna happen imo.

Yes, it is cofirmation bias.

Like in this image that was being discussed. People have said that 226 (candies) could mean a hint regarding the 26th.

The image presents many numbers, which if it were an intentional hint by Masuda, could mean a lot of things and dates.

Like, the CP (199) could mean February 19th? The weight (4.16) could mean April 16? The height (0.33) could mean March 3rd?

But people usually ignore all that, and only look for what interests them and confirms their own speculations.

Last edited:
Part of me feels they wouldn't name games after things that are already pokemon types. I know some made jokes about Summer and Winter though

Masuda's moon/sun hint tweet was 1 week before the announcement of the pokemon direct, so anything older than a week from the day you're looking at it can probably be tossed as a hint until we get a pkmn direct announcement.

I was going to say that their tweets were made after the information given by King Zell (Feb 8).

But they gave some exclusive information (which King Zell had not mentioned before). And predicted the exact time of Tree Houses in the Diret (5 minutes). It sure was something beyond fan guesses.

But do they actually know anything about Pokémon, or are just saying what they think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom