• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go bud

Attachments

• 1550324964889.jpg
    1550324964889.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 50
The Crown/Scepter theory isn’t one I personally believe is that likely, so the logos being likely fake isn’t a big deal.

Either way, I think it’d be best for GF to at least announce the games soon, to avoid the possibility of the announcement and details being leaked beforehand.
Well, things seem to be lining up for Pokemon Day, so if that turns out to be it- shouldn't be long now.

Well, things seem to be lining up for Pokemon Day, so if that turns out to be it- shouldn't be long now.

I know, and hopefully it’ll be like that.
On that note, what do people think will get, regardless of when the announcement will happen, in terms of content? A teaser/just names, or a full-blown trailer?

I don't buy it. The crown and the scepter (even the letters) are too simple and there's no sign of the new mechanic in the foreign logos.

Are we sure that there’ll be a new mechanic)

I dont beleive it too,also the english logo used the same color scheme as gold and silver,I dont know if im right though

On that note, what do people think will get, regardless of when the announcement will happen, in terms of content? A teaser/just names, or a full-blown trailer?
I haven't really thought to hazard a guess. D= Mostly because there's little precedent to base any assumptions on- but I'm leaning more towards an X/Y-esque reveal at the moment over a Sun and Moon one.

Partly because the Sun and Moon reveal was kind of really ridiculous what with the blank box tease we got from CoroCoro and the slow news drip followed by dropping way too much information- that whole news cycle was not fantastic. I think X/Y did it quite a bit better.

Mostly, though, because we haven't seen any new pokemon for the generation yet- much like with X/Y. Without any pre-gen reveals to repeatedly tease until a proper trailer drop, they would have to drop something a little more significant from the get-go.

That or we're just going to pretend like Mewtwo is a big mystery for a good long while- which I can't say is unlikely either.

I haven't really thought to hazard a guess. D= Mostly because there's little precedent to base any assumptions on- but I'm leaning more towards an X/Y-esque reveal at the moment over a Sun and Moon one.

Partly because the Sun and Moon reveal was kind of really ridiculous what with the blank box tease we got from CoroCoro and the slow news drip followed by dropping way too much information- that whole news cycle was not fantastic. I think X/Y did it quite a bit better.

Mostly, though, because we haven't seen any new pokemon for the generation yet- much like with X/Y. Without any pre-gen reveals to repeatedly tease until a proper trailer drop, they would have to drop something a little more significant from the get-go.

That or we're just going to pretend like Mewtwo is a big mystery for a good long while- which I can't say is unlikely either.

I agree, a X/Y type of reveal would work better, expecially because of the possibility of showcasing the changes of the new hardware (which they also did with X/Y reveal and the 3DS).

The point about S/M’s stare stage of marketing is also important. I do hope that they won’t follow the same path of revealing that much before release.

So I'm throwing this random fact back out there again.... Sun and Moon were revealed on February 27, 2016. See the February and 27? The lack of announcement at this point isn't something that is out of the ordinary using historical precedent. The drought between ORAS and SM was even drier than the one we have now, at least this go round we got those icky Let's Go games (I think they are icky, leave me alone).

So I'm throwing this random fact back out there again.... Sun and Moon were revealed on February 27, 2016. See the February and 27? The lack of announcement at this point isn't something that is out of the ordinary using historical precedent. The drought between ORAS and SM was even drier than the one we have now, at least this go round we got those icky Let's Go games (I think they are icky, leave me alone).
Yeah, it's typical for Pokemon to have long periods of no information between generations. The reason why it's a bigger deal now it's because it just came off a game that doesn't offer long playthroughs (yeah, I agree with you, the Let's Go games are icky)

Last edited:
Yeah, this is why some of the reactions I've seen from people just baffle me- we're not even late for news yet, but some act like we've missed an important window and it's like... whyyyyy? XD Call it late sometime in March, not a week before Pokemon Day.

The Crown/Scepter theory isn’t one I personally believe is that likely, so the logos being likely fake isn’t a big deal.

Either way, I think it’d be best for GF to at least announce the games soon, to avoid the possibility of the announcement and details being leaked beforehand.
Crown/Scepter has already been proven fake. The rumor claimed that the games would be announced 1-2 weeks after New Year's.

Full blown trailer for sure. The game has been teased for months, so just a name drop and logos isn't going to do it. Plus, with the current state of the fanbase being divided over the casual direction of the last few games and with this game supposedly being more hardcore, it has a lot to prove, so if they want to get the fanbase hyped for it, they're going to need to show some actual gameplay. They don't really need to reveal any details on the mechanics, that can definitely wait until May like usual, but they should at least show off some of the overworld. One of the biggest questions people have about this game is how improved the game is in graphics and map design, and an XY-esque trailer could answer that quite easily. That really should be the play with this announcement. It's a new generation on new hardware that has shown much more in terms of the size, scale, and graphical quality than the 3DS, this game should show how far Pokemon is going in those areas right out of the gate.

Are we sure that there’ll be a new mechanic)
I'm guessing XY style. Starters, legendaries, a bit of gameplay to show off how pokemon on a new console will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom