• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean the tweet that said 5:29 on it, we were just discussing how that could have been coincidence- especially considering that news didn't actually drop on 5/29, it dropped on 5/30.
He probably tried taking a screenshot at 5:30 and it took a second to process. Happens to me too

He probably tried taking a screenshot at 5:30 and it took a second to process. Happens to me too
It took a second to process, so the time ended up being too early as a result? That doesn't make any sense. And the iPhone's clock can be altered manually, so it's not like he had to wait another twelve hours to get it right-he could have fixed it right then and there.

I want sun and moon type of reveal just for the salt

It took a second to process, so the time ended up being too early as a result? That doesn't make any sense. And the iPhone's clock can be altered manually, so it's not like he had to wait another twelve hours to get it right-he could have fixed it right then and there.
Nah, it was the stupid incense and lucky egg timers that count down from 30 minutes to indicate how much time is left on them, so yeah it was possible to miss 5:30 on the timer. Still doesn't make sense to post the picture as a hint anyway, though, since it's obviously not the right numbers. He could have just set another incense or lucky egg once those were finished and waited for them to count down again to try to get the right numbers if he really was intent on using it for a hint.

More logically, he just took the picture because lookit the charmanders holding hands-

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/997680607323815936

Similar to lookit the growlithes in love-

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1090852075167051778

Coincidental poses amuse Masuda, much like sitting at the front of a bus.

something I thought was pretty cool about that masuda go tweet that I've seen people point out is (the new weedle one) is that a lot of people are speculating that the 226 could be 2/26 announcement

but the 199 and 4.16 too are interesting because they're the dex numbers for Slowking and Vespiquen

I do still think it's probably a coincidence but given the King/Queen rumors that've been floating around lately, I thought it was interesting

something I thought was pretty cool about that masuda go tweet that I've seen people point out is (the new weedle one) is that a lot of people are speculating that the 226 could be 2/26 announcement

but the 199 and 4.16 too are interesting because they're the dex numbers for Slowking and Vespiquen

I do still think it's probably a coincidence but given the King/Queen rumors that've been floating around lately, I thought it was interesting
That's one heck of a coincidence.

This is a weird coincidence.

"The Pokemon 8th Generation will be celebrated in 2019 as Pokemon Day on the Skull Monster Day. E will show the official art game title in the game and the date of the release, which will be a celebration show - some gameplay, this information is turned off and only shared with authorized personnel. The title here is not shown, as this is a reason for the disclosure."

Sorry It's google trad :whistle:

But what if...
It isn't?
I'm not saying it's real, but that seems WAY to coincidental to be a coincidence
Is it... really way too coincidental? Because if it's not a coincidence, the alternative explanation would be that Masuda hacked a 199 CP Weedle weighing 4.16kg into his game for the sake of posting an obscure hint.

I don't think Masuda would actually be obsessed with hints although he has shown he likes to have fun on social media from time to time

the major issue imo at least, is that because there's now a precedent for him hinting towards new games before announcement, coupled with the fact that people have started getting antsy/desperate for news about the next games, there's an obsession with finding any sort of hints/clues that could be relevant to the next games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom