• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that there will be more Regional Variants because why create an umbrella term if only 1 region has them?
Soooo much this. Doesn't make sense to make two official terms for it if they were only going to need one- come ooooon Regional Variants, return to us in Gen 8~ <3

My final list of predictions:

-Pokémon King & Queen
-Region is geographically based on southeastern England, but draws inspiration from the whole UK (much like Unova is geographically based on NYC, but draws inspiration from the entire state of New York as well as New Jersey)
-Types of final starter evos are Grass/Dark, Fire/Fairy & Water/Fighting
-Version mascots' types are Fairy/Fighting (King) & Fairy/Psychic (Queen)
-The Player Character is a Third Culture Kid, just like Elio & Selene. They moved to the Gen 8 region from Kalos.
-One of your friends is named Alice (an obvious shout out to Alice in Wonderland), and she fills a similar role in the story to Lillie in Sun & Moon
-The war from 3000 years ago that AZ's Floette took part in will be confirmed to have been fought between Kalos & the Gen 8 region
-PokéPlays will be a new gimmick feature, like Pokestar Studios but Shakespeare-style plays instead of movies

I'm going to lock this list in a time capsule to be opened on whatever day the Gen 8 games end up being released, just for fun, and to see how close I was to being right.

Last edited:
My final list of predictions:

-Pokémon King & Queen
-Region is geographically based on southeastern England, but draws inspiration from the whole UK (much like Unova is geographically based on NYC, but draws inspiration from the entire state of New York as well as New Jersey)
-Types of final starter evos are Grass/Psychic, Fire/Fairy & Water/Fighting
-Version mascots' types are Fairy/Fighting (King) & Fairy/Psychic (Queen)
-The Player Character is a Third Culture Kid, just like Elio & Selene. They moved to the Gen 8 region from Kalos.
-One of your friends is named Alice (an obvious shout out to Alice in Wonderland), and she fills a similar role in the story to Lillie in Sun & Moon
-The war from 3000 years ago that AZ's Floette took part in will be confirmed to have been fought between Kalos & the Gen 8 region
-PokéPlays will be a new gimmick feature, like Pokestar Studios but Shakespeare-style plays instead of movies

I'm going to lock this list in a time capsule to be opened on whatever day the Gen 8 games end up being released, just for fun, and to see how close I was to being right.
That's largely fanfiction, not prediction.

Predictions are usually based on patterns. That's what separates it from just guessing.

Could be a Global Warming/ Global Cooling type thing. A bit similar to Gen 3 admittedly, but not quite, I think there's enough differentiation.
Well, I have a theory(and I think that there are more people with the same theory)that the last 2 games starting with XY have some kind of "connection" or "correlation" with elder games, for example:

-XY has similarities with Red/Blue/Green such as similar color themes, Santalune Forest its a copy/paste of Viridian Forest, it's the beggining of a new era(the 3D), the same post game(Birds and Mewtwo)...
-Sun/Moon has similarities with Gold/Silver such as the "moon and sun" theme that Lugia and Ho-oh had always have, the Bell Tower replica on Malie City etc.

Maybe the new games have some kind of relatioship with the "weather" theme on Gen 3 games.

I know that it's a pretty easy to debunk theory, and it has holes, but who knows?, its another possibility.

I thought most Alolan forms were too 'goofy', to be honest. I also think they take the shine away from the original variants, but that's personal.

Anyway, not a fan of them.

Isn't that due more to the stylistic design choice for Gen 7 in general though? A lot of the Alolan mons & regional variants either fit within the culture itself (Marowak), or the game design; ie, goofy af Team Skull.

I'm not a fan of Alolan Persian & Static Shock pancake luvin Raichu is dubious, but Vulpix/Ninetails is arguably superior or equal to the originals, and I thought Grimer/Muk were pretty solid flavor wise. Exeggutor was also an interesting take, considering that in lore it is the natural one while the one that we're used to is the stunted variant.

I think they are fine so long as they are handled well, but that could be said of anything I suppose.

Here's some of my predictions:

The game is not open world, although the routes, dungeons, and cities are larger than in previous games.
The game will introduce between 70-90 new Pokemon.
The game will add more Regional Variants.
Triple, Rotation, and Horde Battles will all return.
The game's graphics will be like SM, except more advanced. The game will not use the grid style and the characters will be more realistically proportioned, similar to SM.
The game will play more like the traditional Pokemon games than Let's Go.
If patterns hold up, at least one new Eeveelution will be introduced.
The regional Pokedex will be similar in size to the Kalos and Alola regional Pokedexes. It will be split into several sections like those Pokedexes are.

Here's some of my predictions:

The game is not open world, although the routes, dungeons, and cities are larger than in previous games.
The game will introduce between 70-90 new Pokemon.
The game will add more Regional Variants.
Triple, Rotation, and Horde Battles will all return.
The game's graphics will be like SM, except more advanced. The game will not use the grid style and the characters will be more realistically proportioned, similar to SM.
The game will play more like the traditional Pokemon games than Let's Go.
If patterns hold up, at least one new Eeveelution will be introduced.
The regional Pokedex will be similar in size to the Kalos and Alola regional Pokedexes. It will be split into several sections like those Pokedexes are.
I like these predictions. Good reasonable predictions!
I don't know about triple, rotation and horde battles making a return, but this is pretty much what my prediction list would look like. XD

Though I am a little iffy on the eeveelution, but I've got fingers crossed that the pattern will hold.

I like these predictions. Good reasonable predictions!
I don't know about triple, rotation and horde battles making a return, but this is pretty much what my prediction list would look like. XD

Though I am a little iffy on the eeveelution, but I've got fingers crossed that the pattern will hold.
I believe that Triple, Rotation, and Horde Battles will return because I believe that the framerate slowdowns in SM where why they were cut, and now that will no longer be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom