• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This conspiracy is next level shit and kinda getting out of hand.

Saw this collection on twitter XD

This conspiracy stuff needs to stop. And how come the leaks this season are so boring? Most of them are either very unbelievable, quickly debunked or piggy backing on crown and specter. Last year we had a lot of crazy crap flying around.

View attachment 115934
This conspiracy stuff needs to stop. And how come the leaks this season are so boring? Most of them are either very unbelievable, quickly debunked or piggy backing on crown and specter. Last year we had a lot of crazy crap flying around.
Because the leaks haven't had anything legit to piggyback on.

We'll probably see a huge influx of leaks when the first bits of information have been leaked; like 'this newly revelead 'mon will have an evolution! And there will be a dolphin legendary and a dark gym, etc.!'

To those wondering about the stream, just read this thread:

View: https://twitter.com/helixchamber/status/1097431441368064000

EDIT: It's fun to see that not only Kotora and Raitora were cut from both Gen I and Gen II, but they were going to get another evolution.

EDIT 2: Apparently, Mikon was also cut twice, which explains one of Vulpix's Pokédex entry.

EDIT 3: Meowth's pre-evolution was also cut twice. By the way, did you know there was a stage between Psyduck and Golduck?

EDIT 4: Remember all those "Cubone is related in some way to Kangaskhan" rumors that used to float on the Internet all those years ago? Well, it's not as far fetched as people think. Sadly, we only got the back sprite.

EDIT 5: Blastoise and Squirtle/Wartortle were originally unrelated. Blastoise had a pre-evolution while Wartortle evolved into something more similar to it.

EDIT 6: Gyopin (Goldeen's pre-evo) also got cut twice.

EDIT 7: Just like people suspected, Blaine's final sprite was originally the Chief's. Soldier Blaine has its own separate sprite.

EDIT 8: Giovanni was originally a Flying-Type trainer. I guess that's why, depending on the artist, the Earth Badge looks like a feather.

EDIT 9: At this point I can feel we can find Festa Ruby this year!

Last edited:

EDIT: It's fun to see that not only Kotora and Raitora were cut from both Gen I and Gen II, but they were going to get another evolution.

EDIT 2: Apparently, Mikon was also cut twice, which explains one of Vulpix's Pokédex entry.

EDIT 3: Meowth's pre-evolution was also cut twice. By the way, did you know there was a stage between Psyduck and Golduck?

EDIT 4: Remember all those "Cubone is related in some way to Kangaskhan" rumors that used to float on the Internet all those years ago? Well, it's not as far fetched as people think. Sadly, we only got the back sprite.

EDIT 5: Blastoise and Squirtle/Wartortle were originally unrelated. Blastoise had a pre-evolution while Wartortle evolved into something more similar to it.

EDIT 7: Just like people suspected, Blaine's final sprite was originally the Chief's. Soldier Blaine has its own separate sprite.

EDIT 8: Giovanni was originally a Flying-Type trainer. I guess that's why, depending on the artist, the Earth Badge looks like a feather.

And they showed Gorochu!!! I’m pretty darn happy about that :)

Am I the only one thinking that due to this stunt, they shot themselves in the foot about anyone ever believing the Space World demo?

They should have cut out the ROM hack and the front sprite restorations all together and just dumped what they had like normal.

This new rumor is most likely fake. I highly doubt that they would only introduce 40 Pokemon and outright remove 2 types.

Where are you getting this from?

Some of these may have become Pokemon for later generations with different name and designs overtime.

They probably make a lot of concepts, some which may never see the daylight or only when they get adjusted.

I've created a thread about the Helix Chamber discoveries. No need to let your posts get buried in this thread.

They probably make a lot of concepts, some which may never see the daylight or only when they get adjusted.
When asked about Gorochu in LGPE, Masuda was very dismissive of reusing scrapped ideas in new games.

I've created a thread about the Helix Chamber discoveries. No need to let your posts get buried in this thread.

When asked about Gorochu in LGPE, Masuda was very dismissive of reusing scrapped ideas in new games.
But Masuda doesn't direct any more. So there might be a change of mind.

Okay, do you guys think the rumoured Pokémon Direct will announce before or during Pokémon-day?

And on what days does it usually air?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom