• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah personally I’m hoping for something like DQ11 or XBC2. Semi-open world. Still story focused but with big enough areas and enough freedom to at least make things feel like an adventure. I personally don’t want Pokémon to ever take the BOTW/GTA/Witcher kind of open world route as I find those worlds to be so massive and open ended that it’s kind of overwhelming

I'm curious as to which scrapped Pokémon you have in mind. Personally speaking, while I'm ambivalent about Melmetal, I'm rather fond of Meltan (there's something about it I find oddly enigmatic), and there are only a handful of beta designs that I would resurrect if able - and I don't think any of those ones feel particularly "mythical."
I don't care about mythical status since it does more harm than good. Melmetal is ridiculously hard to obtain, while Meltan is just a small hurdle for non-Go players.

Out of the Red/Green prototypes, I like the Kotora line, Crocky, Deer and proto Scyther. I think that the yeti, sumo frogs and water dragons would appeal to me if I saw their front sprites. Out of the Spaceworld ones (italicized are my favorites), I like the unused starters, proto Noctowl, Jaranra, Shibirefugu, Ikari, Para, proto Ariados, Animon, proto Giarafarig, Rinrin line, proto Octillery, proto Hitmontop, proto Politoed, Bombushika, Madame, Norowara line, Plucks, Wolfman line and Nameeru (compared to Lickilicky).

Last edited:
Yknow... pokemon titles always reflect the content of the game somehow. Gold/silver reflected ththe legendaries of johto and their key items, same for emerald/ruby/sapphire/DPP/BW; X&Y dictated the shape theme as well, sun and moon the lore...

So like, what would crown and scepter imply? I dont think a crown or a scepter would say too much about a Pokemon in particular, neither could noble/regent. These names aren't very opposite either whereas every other title is a direct contrast to the other.

Yes; I really think that Game Freak has basically has been spot on with each game's themes, regions, and their names! With 7 Gens now existing, that has made it easier than ever to detect fake leaks! :) :)

Whatever they have chosen to create for Gen 8 is at least coming from a very strong record!
There are aspects of many games/Gens that within the Pokemon communities themselves inspire debate about how well they work. But then, from the perspective of them just being a series of audiovisual games, it is easier to see that they are very, very good at choosing each game's details!

We could have got this http://i.********/vp/1550480143832.png

Instead we got this?
wbcv3cm08rc01.jpg

I feel cheated...

Yeah, that's still after his tweets about believing Piuk...He had enough info to know it was a remake (and apparently even the titles, given that tweet), but he still thought Piuk's promises of You and Me could be true?
He never said they were true though
He certainly seemed to think they were worth considering, despite the fact that he was given leaks about the game promising an entirely different plot, location, and titles.

And he just recently had a promise from a source with an incorrect date.

He also suggest Crown and Scepter would be true:

He also didn't know the contents of the Direct on the 13th:

So, that means that he got this information claiming a reveal before the 27th by the 13th at the earliest. If this information just got brought to him less than a week ago, why isn't anyone else aware of it?

Last edited:
Unless they ditch the 3 stage limit? They've ditched a ton of other rules lately, why not that one.
3 is an arbitrary number.

Legends can breed and have eggs, legends can evolve, mythicals can be found without an event, why not add a 4th stage, mega evolution already pushed the envelope with a temporary 4th stage.

Yeah, that's still after his tweets about believing Piuk...He had enough info to know it was a remake (and apparently even the titles, given that tweet), but he still thought Piuk's promises of You and Me could be true?

He certainly seemed to think they were worth considering, despite the fact that he was given leaks about the game promising an entirely different plot, location, and titles.

And he just recently had a promise from a source with an incorrect date.

He also didn't know the contents of the Direct on the 13th:

So, that means that he got this information claiming a reveal before the 27th by the 13th at the earliest. If this information just got brought to him less than a week ago, why isn't anyone else aware of it?

Hes also claiming pokemon day because of that 5 hour QandA which I thi k we already came to the conclusion that it won't be focused on gen 8 because 5 hours is to long for what would likely be a 5 minute (if we're SUPER LUCKY, considering xy and sm first trailers are about 2 minutes) trailer

Last edited:
This is just my opinion, but I feel it's better to stay with three stage Pokémon. (SPECULATION) I think that breaking that pattern might have been part of the original plans for Gen III, but don't quote me on that. They mentioned that they wanted to change things, like adding more than 4 moves, or more than six Pokémon.

How so? Just because it looks like a nut?
Because it has a literal nut for a head (even has the groove lines inside it) and a wire for a tail and is based on way too many modern elements. I really do love Meltan, but calling it ancient just feels like a joke.

Not while alolan raichu exists. Because then they'd need to make two designs for mega raichu.

Or leave it exclusive to kanto raichu
Kantoian Raichuite?
Considering Alolan Raichu got the exclusive Z-move, I don't see why Kanto Raichu shouldn't get its own Mega Evolution. Would be fair. =/

Also with the whole xy trailer love, since it showed us so much, fyi all first trailers spanning back to diamond and pearl did the same thing. XY was only different in that it did the second the games were revealed. I could only find trailers as far back as diamond and pearl but they do the same thing in each

Heres the legends!
The starters!
Some of the region/the map!
The protagonists!
New adventure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom