• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could have got this http://i.********/vp/1550480143832.png

Instead we got this?
wbcv3cm08rc01.jpg

I feel cheated...
what are you talking about? gorachu looks meh at best.
pichu is one of the cutest pokemon.

what are you talking about? gorachu looks meh at best.
pichu is one of the cutest pokemon.
Gotta agree. XD I so wanted a Gorochu-inspired mega evolution for Raichu but after seeing its back sprite... I'm not so sure.
Shame we didn't get its actual front sprite, too. Maybe its design looked more promising from the front.

Speaking of which, I know they wanted to show off and all but... creating fan sprites was a stupid way to do it.

At least they haven't posted the fan sprites anywhere yet, though. I actually couldn't watch the stream last night so I didn't get to see them, just the back sprites, which are all posted here- What Dreams May Come: Prototype Data for Pokémon Red and Green – Helix Chamber

Or on the twitter too, I think, but that link explains their fan sprite choices too.

XD Total lack of foresight there. Haha.
Like I said, they could have spent the time talking about the development of the Pokémon games, the discovery of the Spaceworld demo, what they knew about the sprites, maybe have RacieB draw some doodles on screen, possibly talk about Festa Ruby since that's more or less the next thing to find since I doubt Pokémon RPG survived in any way, shape or form.

By the way, is it me, or from BW-onwards there is nothing beta-looking about announcements. At least DP had the "bowl-haircut Barry" beta we could try to find.

Like I said, they could have spent the time talking about the development of the Pokémon games, the discovery of the Spaceworld demo, what they knew about the sprites, maybe have RacieB draw some doodles on screen, possibly talk about Festa Ruby since that's more or less the next thing to find since I doubt Pokémon RPG survived in any way, shape or form.

By the way, is it me, or from BW-onwards there is nothing beta-looking about announcements. At least DP had the "bowl-haircut Barry" beta we could try to find.
Pokemon rpg?

I know there was a demo for ruby and sapphire at some event you can find video of it on youtube still, but whats pokemon rpg?

Yeah, I think they've tightened up development to the point that there's nothing juicy anymore... I think the most interesting thing we've seen in recent years was Gogoat's original shiny form? Which I'm still mad about because it looked way better- sure, it was a subtle color difference and the fanbase generally hates those, but it looked a heck of a lot better than the bleached shiny Gogoat we got stuck with.

Pokemon rpg?

I know there was a demo for ruby and sapphire at some event you can find video of it on youtube still, but whats pokemon rpg?
Pokémon RPG was the cancelled Pokémon game for the Nintendo 64. The only thing we know is that it's not Stadium (since they were mentioned once together, I think), not Snap and not Hey, You! Pikachu.

Might have been XD gale of darkness
There was a rumor once that said the main character was called Leo, which is Wes's Japanese name. Since the guy didn't provide any proof of what he's saying means that maybe he was lying.

And I forgot to explain about the Ruby demo: Although there is footage of the demo, and they left the maps, dialogue, etc. dummied out in Ruby, it had some oddities: For example, Sharpedo had no ability. So there's a chance we could find something there, like beta Shellos and Gastrodon.

There was a rumor once that said the main character was called Leo, which is Wes's Japanese name. Since the guy didn't provide any proof of what he's saying means that maybe he was lying.

And I forgot to explain about the Ruby demo: Although there is footage of the demo, and they left the maps, dialogue, etc. dummied out in Ruby, it had some oddities: For example, Sharpedo had no ability. So there's a chance we could find something there, like beta Shellos and Gastrodon.
We already have a beta shellos and gastrodon, altough we could find a beta beta shellos and gastrodon xD

Might have been XD gale of darkness
Apparently not- GameFreak was developing Pokemon RPG for the N64DD.

It's theorized that some elements of it may have been converted into Pokemon Stadium (since the three titles listed as being developed for the N64DD were Pokemon RPG, Hey You Pikachu, and Pokemon Snap).

At least, that's what I gathered by a bit of Google surfing.

Unless they ditch the 3 stage limit? They've ditched a ton of other rules lately, why not that one.
3 is an arbitrary number.

Legends can breed and have eggs, legends can evolve, mythicals can be found without an event, why not add a 4th stage, mega evolution already pushed the envelope with a temporary 4th stage.

Yes; there certainly are other potential idea spaces for new evolutions. It would be possible to have a value similar to happiness that would exist between any two Pokemon (but might be invisible on the stats screen until going over a threshhold, then it would be indicated specifically for each Pokemon with which there is a strong bonding) and would especially increase during successful double battles; but also through other methods! It might be possible to have some evolutions occur using that aspect; or otherwise have some be temporary Battle Bond-esque evolutions but not requiring a special ability: they would not necessarily give either Pokemon major stat boosts but could give them different abilities/temporarily replace specific moves with hidden moves!

Also, I do sort of think that there is a slightly higher likelihood of additional evolutions, or additional Pokemon in general, being able to be patched into the game as time progresses! That is something that has never really been possible before in terms of normal wild Pokemon, something that would mirror the natural phenomenon of newly arriving lifeforms. It could be just a few at a time, but it would be very welcome! Munchlax/ Snorlax might be a good example of an already existing Pokemon that could have a unique sudden appearance in the new region, maybe arriving from over a mountain range. There wouldn't be many and it would be fun to try and find them (with each players' game representing a parallel universe)!

Why do people think we'll get something for Pokémon Day week when it seems it's only for Nintendo NY? If it's supposed to have an announcement for Gen 8, Nintendo of Japan/GF would make it a big deal as well.

Yeah, I think they've tightened up development to the point that there's nothing juicy anymore... I think the most interesting thing we've seen in recent years was Gogoat's original shiny form? Which I'm still mad about because it looked way better- sure, it was a subtle color difference and the fanbase generally hates those, but it looked a heck of a lot better than the bleached shiny Gogoat we got stuck with.

What did Shiny Gogoat originally look like ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom