• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are there any type combinations/concepts you want to see in future games?

I feel like a ground/fairy type could make for a good troll pokémon too. Maybe with a reference to the Moomins in its design?

I had this idea for a Dark/Bug type. It would be the early route bug, but evolve a bit later along the lines of Scolipede. It is based on an earthworm, and the last evolution looks a bit like a skull with it's body looking like a spine.

Look, I know this sounds a bit E D G Y, but I think it would fit with the typing. Anyone else got an idea for Bug/Dark?

Well, seeing how we got things like Darkrai, Houndoom, Chandelure, etc. I don't see your idea edgy at all. Although I would have preferred something that is not an earthworm.

I had this idea for a Dark/Bug type. It would be the early route bug, but evolve a bit later along the lines of Scolipede. It is based on an earthworm, and the last evolution looks a bit like a skull with it's body looking like a spine.

Look, I know this sounds a bit E D G Y, but I think it would fit with the typing. Anyone else got an idea for Bug/Dark?
Nah, hardly. I guess it depends on the lore. And the region it's introduced in, I guess. Like Honedge, which is said to be a possessed sword is found in a region that has seen several wars.

Like with the majority of members here, I'm really wanting a Normal/Ghost type for something - it just have lot of potential to be really good! Three immunity and only one weakness.

It could be some sort of zombie-like Pokemon or maybe even as a 8th gen new split-evolution for Yamask.

I have not so much an idea for the Pokémon itself, but something I've wanted to see is another early bug split evolution line where one final form is Bug/Psychic and the other is Bug/Dark. What comes out of that cocoon depends on the time of day.

I have not so much an idea for the Pokémon itself, but something I've wanted to see is another early bug split evolution line where one final form is Bug/Psychic and the other is Bug/Dark. What comes out of that cocoon depends on the time of day.
Well, at least it would be better than Wurmple, since its evolution depends completely on RNG. In fact, I think this is how they should have handled Wurmple.

Well, at least it would be better than Wurmple, since its evolution depends completely on RNG. In fact, I think this is how they should have handled Wurmple.

It took me way too long to figure out that Wurmple's evolution wasn't based on time of day at all. It made so much sense to me that Dustox was a nighttime evolution given Cascoon's darker color and the fact that Dustox is a moth.

Agreed, though, that more day/night split evolutions would be neat. My only reservation is that it might be annoying for some players to get one of the forms depending on their schedule...

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom