• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to Gen 7, though- Rowlet is one of the best starter designs ever, just on its own. Litten was also a good design and Popplio is a precious little doof, so if the new starters get hate compared to them, you gotta know that the bar was set pretty high to begin with.

Although Incineroar... I hope to heck they didn't manage to make a final starter evo that I'd hate more than Incineroar. Nothing is ever going to make me love Incineroar.

Dont know if it was pointed out, but the 2016 direct that announced Sun and Moon has been taken down from the US Nintendo channel, which usually indicated another direct coming soon.

To be fair to Gen 7, though- Rowlet is one of the best starter designs ever, just on its own. Litten was also a good design and Popplio is a precious little doof, so if the new starters get hate compared to them, you gotta know that the bar was set pretty high to begin with.

Although Incineroar... I hope to heck they didn't manage to make a final starter evo that I'd hate more than Incineroar. Nothing is ever going to make me love Incineroar.
I personally really liked both Rowlet and Litten’s design and was indifferent on Popplio, and what you said is true, but I recall many many criticism on the starters back when they were revealed, though I think most of the criticism was on Popplio (which even if I’m indifferent about, the evolutionary line made me change my mind.)

Incineroar, though...I don’t hate its design in itself, but I hate it for what Litten’s evolutionary line was until the third stage. But as much as I wanted a feline quadrupede for its third stage (and if it followed the design evolution from Litten to Terracat, it’d have been awesome), I suspected they were not going in that direction because of Solgaleo. What a missed opportunity.

Last edited:
This is honestly something I don’t get. If you hate or dislike a gen’s starters, that shouldn’t change after new ones are showing, even if they might not be good.

New information can change the way you view old information. i’m sure some people just jump on the bandwagon for the heck of it, but others might simply appreciate old designs more after seeing new designs they dislike. The same can be applied to other aspects of the games or the Pokemon themselves. Along with that, it’s possible to warm up to or get used to old things.

Personally, I often gain appreciation over a Pokemon design (or even a character design) after I discover what it was based of, what it references or any other explanation for why it is the way it is. It doesn’t always make me like a Pokemon, but it certainly helps.

New information can change the way you view old information. i’m sure some people just jump on the bandwagon for the heck of it, but others might simply appreciate old designs more after seeing new designs they dislike. The same can be applied to other aspects of the games or the Pokemon themselves. Along with that, it’s possible to warm up to or get used to old things.

Personally, I often gain appreciation over a Pokemon design (or even a character design) after I discover what it was based of, what it references or any other explanation for why it is the way it is. It doesn’t always make me like a Pokemon, but it certainly helps.

Changing opinion on a Pokémon design with time, or because of the reasons and inspirations behind it, is completely fine. I just don’t agree with changing opinion solely because a new generation comes out and (some) people just want to criticize it for the sake of it, and use previous designs, even if disliked, to say ‘the previous ones were better.’

Changing opinion on a Pokémon design with time, or because of the reasons and inspirations behind it, is completely fine. I just don’t agree with changing opinion solely because a new generation comes out and (some) people just want to criticize it for the sake of it, and use previous designs, even if disliked, to say ‘the previous ones were better.’

This is a group of people that I like to call 'hindsighters.' They're usually the same people who claim every leak is fake and that anyone who believes the leak must be stupid, only to immediately claim how they knew it was real and it was so obvious the moment it's actually revealed. I find the phenomenon very amusing to watch.

As far as the starters, I do hope we see them in the first official reveal. I'm also selfishly hoping for a Grass/Dark starter to complete the unofficial Dark starter trio with Greninja and Incineroar. :)

I dare suggest we will not see a game in 2019

TrollFreak is going to push the release date into Jan 2020 for the giggles.
By putting it out in January it would completely miss the 2019 holiday season.

I doubt they'd purposely miss the biggest spending time of the year unless they had to. And even then it would probably be pushed back even further to holiday 2020 and not the first of the year given the last few releases being set in October and November.

By putting it out in January it would completely miss the 2019 holiday season.

I doubt they'd purposely miss the biggest spending time of the year unless they had to. And even then it would probably be pushed back even further to holiday 2020 and not the first of the year given the last few releases being set in October and November.
Uhm... That was a sarcastic comment. I highly doubt that the games would be released in 2020.

Judgeing a book by its cover are we?

Judgeing a book by its cover are we?
Well, I am talking about their appearances, so- yes, I suppose that I am?

I mean, Incineroar specifically makes me ultra uncomfortable with the amount of pelvic-thrusting mantiger next to young children going on there. If they manage to do worse than that, I will be utterly appalled.

I wonder if we’d still get more ‘leaks’ aboit King and a Queen after that tweet.
Oh, absolutely. That twitter's not the main fuel to the fire, it's mostly that unholy Weedle tweet.

Perap still? Even after he admitted to not having many sources?
https://twitter.com/VegetableCookin/status/1022539728531292160

Also, what happened to 226 being "so obvious you'd be crazy to think it wasn't a hint"? Did Masuda mess up again?

Well, I am talking about their appearances, so- yes, I suppose that I am?

I mean, Incineroar specifically makes me ultra uncomfortable with the amount of pelvic-thrusting mantiger next to young children going on there. If they manage to do worse than that, I will be utterly appalled.
Oh right. I keep forgetting about that, and the fact that it learns Leech Life makes things even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom