• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a reason why people would do this or ??
In a hypothetical situation where king and queen were the actual names of the games, there's a chance pokemon comp might buy the domain from the guy and link it to their actual pokemon kingandqueen website. I'm not sure if they could use legal action since "pokemon" is in the domain name but even if they could it'd be much less hassle to just offer the guy some $

Pokémon doesn't even use domains for the games anymore. They just use subdomains of Pokemon.com

I work as a translator. Here's what I know.
Many new Pokemon judging by some of the names I've seen
One named Azahund, commonly mentioned as being a pet by people.
Chubbybaras (Yes, they're called that) are ruining a family's field
Glassoul is an hourglass
No new types from what I've seen
Mentions of past regions and events but no sign of returning to those regions in game
Character named Kruger who brags about his strength
Character who doesn't say much named Ann
Old guy who goes on expositions about the “Ancient Ones”
General plot points seem to revolve around urbanization and reminiscing about older ways of life
Large focus on the potential of Pokemon and mega evolution again.
I haven't seen much about new Mega Evolutions but have heard Venomoth, Roserade, and lesser so some gen 5 Pokemon
Locations include “Grandeur Library,” “Hekia Grove,” and “Battle Isle.”
UBs return for whatever reason. Looker is still in charge and you're tasked with hunting down “UB Replica” and “UB Sustainer.” Anabel doesn't seem to be with him this time.
Area where you can battle past trainers. This includes Red, Blue, Blaine, Sabrina, Cynthia, Wake, Shauntal, and Lillie.
No national Dex. Only Dex entries for new Pokemon and returning Pokemon obtainable in the region. All Pokemon are still in the game though.
No regional variants (most likely)

Found this leak on 4chan. Don't like the no regional variants and the return of UBs. I think I can live with the UBs returning, but gosh that would be sad if they didn't bring regional variants back.

The subject line is also "anyone can fake a leak"

Comments are pretty interesting too, a lot of the points are apparently pretty realistic, and it seems like the crowd there says it makes a lot of sense.

Myself, I'm personally not sure how real I think these are, but there is a point. No national dex is pretty realistic based on previous games

Last edited:
It's 2:00 a.m. where I live, but I'll dissect this now (my thoughts in bold):

Many new Pokemon judging by some of the names I've seen
That doesn't tell us anything.

One named Azahund, commonly mentioned as being a pet by people.
Some kind of dog, perhaps?

Chubbybaras (Yes, they're called that) are ruining a family's field
I feel that's a pretty unfortunate name for a Pokémon.

Glassoul is an hourglass
Doesn't sound that interesting.

No new types from what I've seen
Nothing new here.

Mentions of past regions and events but no sign of returning to those regions in game
There's nothing new here.

Character named Kruger who brags about his strength
Isn't there someone like this in each game?

Character who doesn't say much named Ann
There's also sometimes a quiet one.

Old guy who goes on expositions about the “Ancient Ones”
There's also one each game.

General plot points seem to revolve around urbanization and reminiscing about older ways of life
Another Tradition vs Innovation leak?

Large focus on the potential of Pokemon and mega evolution again.

I haven't seen much about new Mega Evolutions but have heard Venomoth, Roserade, and lesser so some gen 5 Pokemon
Hopefully it will be Pokémon that actually need it this time.

Locations include “Grandeur Library,” “Hekia Grove,” and “Battle Isle.”
Hekia doesn't tell me anything, but Grandeur and the mention of new Megas makes me think that this is another "souther Kalos" leak.

UBs return for whatever reason. Looker is still in charge and you're tasked with hunting down “UB Replica” and “UB Sustainer.” Anabel doesn't seem to be with him this time.
Doesn't Looker's role change slightly in each game? Why would they repeat the same thing again, specially when Looker and Anabel's roles in SM were replaced with the Ultra Recon Squad.

Area where you can battle past trainers. This includes Red, Blue, Blaine, Sabrina, Cynthia, Wake, Shauntal, and Lillie.
Blaine and Shauntal sound like peculiar choices. Also, I would not have chosen Lillie as the Gen VII representative, or at least, not without Gladion so you could leave to the imagination who was the one that left Alola.

No national Dex. Only Dex entries for new Pokemon and returning Pokemon obtainable in the region. All Pokemon are still in the game though.
This would be pretty disappointing to me. Specially since I'm not planning to use Bank at all.

No regional variants (most likely)
And another wasted gimmick.

Not sure why, but isn't this leak a little bit plain? However, the fact it sounds like a "southern Kalos" leak makes me feel suspicious of this one.

About the recent leak, I do hope that it’s fake and regional variants are back in Gen 8. Expecially because I’d like to see the gimmick used on Pokémon of other generations then I.
See on one hand I agree, but on the other I'd like it to be true, because I way prefer Megas to regional variants. Honestly both would be good. Just don't bother with z-moves xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom