• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

I continue to write my fanfic verses's Mewtwo Strikes Back, expanding on how the pre-arrived trio of trainers are as characters and showing Ash and Red are no longer as angry at the other.

16,000 words and still going.

Finished the 25,000 word part 1 of the two part adaption of Movie 1 in my fic.

I FINALLY managed to finish chapter 52 of my Pokemon fan fic! Tomorrow I'm gonna start right away on chapter 53! That, or maybe also finish chapter 7 of my Harvest Moon fic. I haven't updated that since October.

I finished the 10th full-length chapter of an in-the-works Pokemon fic. Well, "finished" as in "finished the writing". I'm forcing myself to stop writing new chapters until I reformat my existing chapters for BBCode, a process I'm not looking forward to. Word count so far is easily +10K, probably even +20K. But the more I procrastinate, the more work I make for myself, so reformatting time it is. Hooray.

Oh, and I finished another poem. I'm holding out release on this one, so I don't have two threads on the Writer's Workshop's frontpage at the same time. Don't want to clog the tubes, de-bump other people's fics. One oneshot at a time seems like a reasonable personal limit.

Oh, and I finished another poem. I'm holding out release on this one, so I don't have two threads on the Writer's Workshop's frontpage at the same time. Don't want to clog the tubes, de-bump other people's fics.
While it's not against the rules to have multiple story threads on the front page (I've got the potential for three myself) it might be worth compiling all of your poetry into a single thread if that feels more comfortable.

While it's not against the rules to have multiple story threads on the front page (I've got the potential for three myself) it might be worth compiling all of your poetry into a single thread if that feels more comfortable.

Maybe? They all have about the same tone, but they deal with different topics, they are in different genres, and they have different target audiences. It might be a project to organize.

Still, creating "The Snuggle Tier List Grand Poetry Compilation" has a certain appeal to it. I'd need to heavily reorganize my already published poem: create a table of contents, move poems into nested spoilers (is that a thing?), rename the thread (again, is that a thing?). And I'm not a hundred-percent comfortable with this forum's UX yet. I'll tack it onto my TODO list, maybe get around to it once my other stuff's done. I also have a review a quarter-way finished that I'm getting to after I BBCode my pipeline fic.

Thank you for the suggestion!

move poems into nested spoilers (is that a thing?)
It certainly is, if this is what you mean!

rename the thread (again, is that a thing?)
It's been awhile since I've been a regular member but I believe that's also a thing as well. If not, us friendly neighborhood moderators can always help with that.

@Misfit Angel Turns out I literally couldn't sleep until I futureproofed my poetry into a collection. Turns out I didn't need nested spoilers, but I did need to rename the thread, which I was able to do on my own.

Again, thanks for all the help! I probably wouldn't have done this without your gentle prodding.

Now, back on topic:

I just started on chapter 53 of Marvelous Journey, and here's hoping it won't take as long as working on chapter 52 did.

Oh, I know that feeling. Chapter X and Chapter Y have about the same word counts, maybe even the same level of quality, but for some reason the stars just don't align for Chapter Y. But it seems you're powering through it; good luck!

notice: I have no idea how long Chapter 52 of Marvelous Journey is, nor can I attest to its quality. I've got quite a backlog, unfortinately :(

Wrote a poem that I think is my best poem yet. I wanted to publish it, but it's only three lines. So I put it in my signature.

"You're very special," the Mother said
And the Son smiled
But the Doctor frowned

My old signature seems unprofessional, looking back. And what better way to advertise your writing than by stapling it onto everything you post? I'm literally forcing you to see it! Feast your eyes, captive audience!

After the past grueling two days, I've been trying to set aside some time to do a little writing, and I did, thank goodness. The rest of the day I've been mentally drained and tired.

Finally got my 26,000+ word part 1 of 2 of Mewtwo adaption in my fic uploaded.

I wrote about 1K+ words from scratch after doing nothing but thread maintenance and editing for about a week. I'm at the part of a fic-in-the-pipeline where earlier foreshadowing is turning into plot and character reveals. It feels soooooooo good.

I managed to write over 400 words today, which puts me very close to finishing a new chapter for my fic! This comes after spending most of last week working on future chapters that I haven't gotten to yet (a habit that I'm trying to break lol.)

Currently writing a remixed Episode 4, with Ash and Samurai entering a capture-competition with an intent to set up a moral about catching. 2000 words in.

I had a "writer's high". Found a free slot of time, started writing, and it just flowed. Don't know the exact word count, but it's probably over 1K and it was enough to finish a chapter first draft, plus some planning notes and "fluff" material. Now it's time to edit for content and add to the short-term planning notes.

Back
Top Bottom