• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can anyone forget Dialga and Palkia's theme? While it isn't intimidating like Giratina's or Arceus's theme, it still has that feeling that you're facing literal gods of time and space. Heck, that's even one of the possible themes that can be heard in Smash Bros.

How can anyone forget Dialga and Palkia's theme? While it isn't intimidating like Giratina's or Arceus's theme, it still has that feeling that you're facing literal gods of time and space. Heck, that's even one of the possible themes that can be heard in Smash Bros.
I swear to God I can't even remember a single chord from that theme. The only pieces that come to mind when I think about them are Route 209 and Cynthia's theme.

Honestly DPPt has probably my favorite soundtrack in the series. I'm also a huge sucker for RSE, HGSS, and BW/B2W2 but daaamn the piano and electric keyboard stuff in DPPt just gets me. It's so chill.

On one hand, I absolutely cannot wait for DP remakes and am really looking forward to them eventually happening. While DP fell short for me in several respects, Platinum fixed most of their problems and is a fantastic game. I'd love to relive them in the new age, from their updated graphics/battle system to a remixed soundtrack.

However, on the other hand... I'm really worried that the remakes won't live up to my expectations/hopes. GameFreak has not impressed me much in quite a while and I really hope DP remakes aren't letdowns (ORAS, for example, I thought was probably the weakest remake they've done).

True. These potential Sinnoh hints I've been seeing have just been a bit confusing...

People were looking for Hoenn hints during Generation 5, so maybe they’re just foreshadowing in advance.

The games might end up having elements which tie in with Sinnoh.

Plus it works in GameFreak’s favour of churning out nostalgia since the people with Sinnoh as their first games are teens and adults now.

Would it be wrong to expect a Gen 8 game with Sinnoh as the post-game?
Well, if most rumors are to be believed, chances are that the Gen 8 region will be somewhere in Western Europe (meaning it's real-life counterpart is one of France's neighbors), which means that there are higher chances for them to turn Kalos into the post-game region than a region based on Japan.

Well, if most rumors are to be believed, chances are that the Gen 8 region will be somewhere in Western Europe (meaning it's real-life counterpart is one of France's neighbors), which means that there are higher chances for them to turn Kalos into the post-game region than a region based on Japan.
Kalos could honestly benefit from something like that.

About "hints"... Game Freak reference every previous region once they become part of the overall lore. They also make remakes at somewhat regular intervals. These two things are not necessarily correlated. It's more like one of those "broken clock is right twice a day" things, or being right for the wrong reasons.

Also Sinnoh's route themes are, collectively, the best in the series, and the bike theme is great and Mt. Coronet and Galactic HQ are top percentage, and Platinum gave us the Distortion World theme, the Global Terminal theme, and Sinnoh's Frontier Brain and Battle Factory themes which are all like, my favorite tracks ever? So.

I think there are only two tracks that I dislike... Hotel Grand Lake's theme (it's this thick, molassessy rural cacophony... it's hard to explain but it's like the musical equivalent of trekking through the mud tiles one route over) and the Victory Road theme, which I actually had a long talk about recently because it's So Lame. But I kinda get why it is... the Pokémon League theme is so beautifully melancholic, in a way that none of the other League themes are (they all lean more toward foreboding epicness), and I feel like it's supposed to come as a bit of a surprise that it is like that. It's supposed to sneak up on you after emerging from the gauntlet of Victory Road and make you reflect on your journey and the fact that it's almost over, and that that's kinda sad. Which I think would be too tonally jarring if it just came off of a really triumphant epic piece like, say, Hoenn's Victory Road theme. But you can't precede it with a similarly sad & slow piece because then the effect of the League piano is weakened, so you have to find something that's more neutral. So I think maybe they aimed for something a little more directly atmospheric even if it meant being kind of generically cave-y. Functionally it works, it's just not what I would expect from a Victory Road. Worthy trade-off? Probably

also f*** Kalos

Except that hints towards Diamond and Pearl remakes this time around are real, like the mention of Sinnoh on a poster in Detective Pikachu movie, it's obvious that sneaky marketing happens well before a remake is announced. There isn't much marketing for Sinnoh at this time because of Gen 8 needing to be prioritized in the marketing aspect much more.

If the remake is a western European country, I just expect them to make Kalos characters appear, instead of putting something of the region in there.

Something like Grimsley and Annabel, but then, let's say Serena and Trevor helping you on your journey.

Even though I'm not sure if they would let a protagonist return that is not Red.

Except that hints towards Diamond and Pearl remakes this time around are real, like the mention of Sinnoh on a poster in Detective Pikachu movie, it's obvious that sneaky marketing happens well before a remake is announced. There isn't much marketing for Sinnoh at this time because of Gen 8 needing to be prioritized in the marketing aspect much more.

But again, there's references to other regions in the movie promotion as well. The theatrical poster with the city street includes a sign saying "Unova Style Pizza." But that's not a "hint" toward upcoming Unova remakes, it's just a reference. Same for the Sinnoh poster, and the Johto sign. They're just references. Remakes, however likely they are to happen, have nothing inherent to do with it - those regions would be getting referenced regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom