• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

That's now what I meant. If getting the spirit was such a chore, how/why would you want to do it again? Like the Volt example I mentioned, why would you want to do it again?

That's now what I meant. If getting the spirit was such a chore, how/why would you want to do it again? Like the Volt example I mentioned, why would you want to do it again?
Not all the spirits are super hard to get, at least for me, sure some are difficult (as I have mentioned with others itt) but I actually don't care about majority of the spirits (save for FE, Castlevania, and Golden Sun and few others here and there) and ones that need to be dismissed to use their cores for another spirit, I have no qualms about giving it up. If I have to re-battle certain ones again for any other reasons needed, I'll do it. (Also I had an easier time with 9-Volt & 18-Volt, just have an assist killer spirit equipped + any spirit with drill equipped, if you want a harder spirit battle then Pauline takes the cake)

To Prog Rocker: One thing to keep in mind is that you only get one stock per spirit battle, contrast that to Subspace Emissary where you had other characters or extra lives.

Last edited by a moderator:
To follow with the person above, when you're on the Spirit Board make sure to save up on rematches. The 2.0.0 update gave us three tries now at a spirit battle in that mode, but it's best to save rematches if you're unable to obtain the spirit after said retries. But yes you only have one stock, though WoL asks if you wanna retry the match/swap your team if you lose anyway and your spirit still gains a bit of EXP so it's not too bad at least.

Are there any official character tier lists yet?

Also wonder if a future update will have custom movesets.

To Prog Rocker: One thing to keep in mind is that you only get one stock pre spirit battle, contrast that to Subspace Emissary where you had other characters or extra lives.
Yeah, but on the other hand, there's no Master Fortress, no running to the end of an Adventure stage in 7 seconds, no Tabuu, no Duon, and I can handle Level 9 opponents.

Are there any official character tier lists yet?

Also wonder if a future update will have custom movesets.
There are a few pro players that have their own tier lists, here's one from /r/smashbros that was posted 19 hours ago. This tier list doesn't have Piranha Plant though as there was no notable tourney running when 2.0.0 dropped, the character itself though from the general consensus is that he's more so-so in that he has good moves but probably won't see much tournament success. I have to agree with that notion as after playing him for a good while both online and off, he's good but not that great and actually needs buffs if anything.

Yeah, but on the other hand, there's no Master Fortress, no running to the end of an Adventure stage in 7 seconds, no Tabuu, no Duon, and I can handle Level 9 opponents.
The level 9 CPU's are actually pretty competent this time around, very good for training really. (though it's still better to go against an actual human player of course)

I managed to complete the challenge for beating century smash as ken using only special moves. At the end though the last enemy that I needed to KO (yoshi) ended up KOing himself by blowing himself up with a smart bomb that was floating by the stage. I'm really glad that kind of thing doesn't disqualify you from completing the challenge; I was afraid that for a moment I would have to start all over again.

I managed to complete the challenge for beating century smash as ken using only special moves. At the end though the last enemy that I needed to KO (yoshi) ended up KOing himself by blowing himself up with a smart bomb that was floating by the stage. I'm really glad that kind of thing doesn't disqualify you from completing the challenge; I was afraid that for a moment I would have to start all over again.
Nah, getting KOs counted for self-destructed enemies is one of the best things they could have done.

Subtle.

screen_shot_2019_02_20_at_12_14_41_pm_by_highrollerhydra_dd097ix-pre.jpg

Is there a reward for completing World of Light's New Game + or doing New Game + outside of starting it for the Challenge unlock reward?

Is there a reward for completing World of Light's New Game + or doing New Game + outside of starting it for the Challenge unlock reward?
Aside from getting copies of the spirits in the mode for summoning (for anyone who prefers to ONLY dismiss spirits if they have multiple copies of the same one)...nope.

A friendly reminder that the 2.0.1 update fixed a bug in 2.0.0 where the King K. Rool challenge in the Adventure section wouldn't clear even after you fulfill the conditions for it. It's recommended that if you have experienced the bug to reload your Adventure save data then go back to the main menu and the challenge will clear.

Oh and some issues were also fixed to improve gameplay experiences, but otherwise nothing else notable.

Is Persona 5 going to get a re-release or something? They found data that apparently means that Joker is getting a female costume.

EDIT: Also: Does the word "mementos" ring any bells? Because that may be related to Joker's stage.

By the way, no info on brave.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom