• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, not sure if anyone has noticed but on the Pokemon Instagram site they have been doing the regions for Pokemon day once a day with gen 7 being the region mentioned on the 26th which could make Pokemon day the perfect day for gen 8 to be announced
Thanks for pointing it out, yes it's been a pretty big topic of discussion here. It's also being posted on the Official Pokemon Twitter and Youtube pages.

Coming out of lurker mode to point out the wording from this Instagram post from earlier today:

"Sinnoh Pokémon confirmed. "

Are we looking at remakes after all?

Also at this point, even though it was fully understandable, I miss the real leaks people passed off as false. Like the clips for cutiefly and the other pokemon.

Wait, what? googles it Hey, I didn't know that! Apparently, it was leaked alongside Tapu Koko, Bruxish, Togedemaru, Drampa, Charjabug and Vikavolt. Apparently, it was because one trailer (Japanese one?) got leaked.

EDIT: I think the "Sinnoh comfirmed" thing is just the Pokémon Company joking. Wouldn't be out of place, since I have also seen Nintendo joking about Luigi's "death stare".

Are we looking at remakes after all?
I still have my fingers crossed for Sinnoh remakes in the future, and I'd consider that evidence towards them coming in the future, but it'd be a terrible move to just recreate two games in a row as a series' Switch debut. (Plus, I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed these games are going to be totally new)

Except it's not real-they admitted to faking it.
The riddler admitted to be trolling.

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4342924986694344

It is coming for us.
groudon-drawing-tcg-pokemon-5.png

Incoming rumor from 4chan. Most of it seems like fan wishlist items, but at least its long:

Don't want to post too many details, in case it would become deleted, or too much stuff would be spoiled for people.

First brief announcement of Gen 8 is coming VERY soon, with more details to follow in early April.

The new game has an open world structure - with 18 gyms (these are back) scattered around the world. Player just need to beat 8 of those to earn the right to fight in the Pokemon Leauge.
The other 10 as well as the one the player has choosen can be battled again in the postgame. Also every Gym has a special, Challenge Mode with new traps and certain special rules (Weather, Trick Room) applying instead of being just a single type Gym.
To fight a leader in regulard game player needs to perform specific task for the leaders (kinda like in the Totem Challenges in S/M, but more ellaborate).
The story is STILL there, player has a remote TV device that informs them about what's happening around the world, or allows them to "watch" short shows.

here will be three difficulty settings, however they are connected to the new scaling world system.
In order for the world to remain challenging, the trainers and wild pokemon will slightly scale to accomodate player's level. Higher the difficulty, higher the difference will be. On "hard" mode it's not really possible to outlevel the leader in regular game.
Catching wild Pokemon will be a hyird of systems from Let's Go! (wild walking Pokemon) and older games (actual wild battles). The only place that uses the Pokemon Go! catching system is the Go! Park, where you will have some connectivity with said titles.

Another big thing in these games is Pokeball customization - you will be able to craft your own Pokeballs, changing their look and effects.
The story will dwell a little bit into the origin of Pokeballs.

• Now Pokeballs will have two "Extensions", one will be a "Battle Pocket", where you will be able to hold three additional Pokemon, that you want to keep around and swap them with your party. They technically do not participate in the battles, but you can swap them anytime outside of battle and you can upgrade the pocket to even give them some xp from the fights, increase their happiness while in the pockets, etc.
  • The other ones is known as PokeHabitats (or something along these lines). Essentially it's an envoirnment, where your pokemon hang out, when you aren't using them for fights. You can customize it (a lot of items to collect), to give them better quality of life. the pokemon of your friends will be able to visit them (something similar was in Gen 6) and leave small gifts. Some of the prizes for using that feature include customization for your Pokemon. Don't expect anything on the level of Pikachu/Eevee from LGEP, but there are some scarves, glasses, skin patterns and other stuff. Certain Pokemon have more options than others.

The new region has some pretty enormous network of public transportation, which allows you to move between major cities more smoothly, so once you learn about a story event happening, you can quickly hop on to a train to go there. You can skip the journey, or enjoy some trainer battles.

Some smaller and more cryptic things:
  • PokeRides are back.
  • No Victory Road this time. Instead you participate in PWT-like tournament with the trainers you've met on your journey.
  • Player characters can jump now!
  • The truth MIGHT be out there ;)
  • If you transfer Melmetal to new games, it will activate an event location
  • The names of the games were teased ages ago and are hidden in plain sight
  • "You haven't really been anywhere until you've got back home.'
  • I think certain someone having cousins in different regions will now become a recurring theme.

Incoming rumor from 4chan. Most of it seems like fan wishlist items, but at least its long:

Don't want to post too many details, in case it would become deleted, or too much stuff would be spoiled for people.

First brief announcement of Gen 8 is coming VERY soon, with more details to follow in early April.

The new game has an open world structure - with 18 gyms (these are back) scattered around the world. Player just need to beat 8 of those to earn the right to fight in the Pokemon Leauge.
The other 10 as well as the one the player has choosen can be battled again in the postgame. Also every Gym has a special, Challenge Mode with new traps and certain special rules (Weather, Trick Room) applying instead of being just a single type Gym.
To fight a leader in regulard game player needs to perform specific task for the leaders (kinda like in the Totem Challenges in S/M, but more ellaborate).
The story is STILL there, player has a remote TV device that informs them about what's happening around the world, or allows them to "watch" short shows.

here will be three difficulty settings, however they are connected to the new scaling world system.
In order for the world to remain challenging, the trainers and wild pokemon will slightly scale to accomodate player's level. Higher the difficulty, higher the difference will be. On "hard" mode it's not really possible to outlevel the leader in regular game.
Catching wild Pokemon will be a hyird of systems from Let's Go! (wild walking Pokemon) and older games (actual wild battles). The only place that uses the Pokemon Go! catching system is the Go! Park, where you will have some connectivity with said titles.

Another big thing in these games is Pokeball customization - you will be able to craft your own Pokeballs, changing their look and effects.
The story will dwell a little bit into the origin of Pokeballs.

• Now Pokeballs will have two "Extensions", one will be a "Battle Pocket", where you will be able to hold three additional Pokemon, that you want to keep around and swap them with your party. They technically do not participate in the battles, but you can swap them anytime outside of battle and you can upgrade the pocket to even give them some xp from the fights, increase their happiness while in the pockets, etc.
  • The other ones is known as PokeHabitats (or something along these lines). Essentially it's an envoirnment, where your pokemon hang out, when you aren't using them for fights. You can customize it (a lot of items to collect), to give them better quality of life. the pokemon of your friends will be able to visit them (something similar was in Gen 6) and leave small gifts. Some of the prizes for using that feature include customization for your Pokemon. Don't expect anything on the level of Pikachu/Eevee from LGEP, but there are some scarves, glasses, skin patterns and other stuff. Certain Pokemon have more options than others.
The new region has some pretty enormous network of public transportation, which allows you to move between major cities more smoothly, so once you learn about a story event happening, you can quickly hop on to a train to go there. You can skip the journey, or enjoy some trainer battles.

Some smaller and more cryptic things:
  • PokeRides are back.
  • No Victory Road this time. Instead you participate in PWT-like tournament with the trainers you've met on your journey.
  • Player characters can jump now!
  • The truth MIGHT be out there ;)
  • If you transfer Melmetal to new games, it will activate an event location
  • The names of the games were teased ages ago and are hidden in plain sight
  • "You haven't really been anywhere until you've got back home.'
  • I think certain someone having cousins in different regions will now become a recurring theme.
Yeah. This looks like a lot of fanservice.

I don't know why people do that, they get us all hyped and boom they're were trolling after all, this worse than the 4chan leak. If there's a chance we'll get something on February 27th at least we have something to talk about, If not we'll have to wait until May to get Gen 8 news.

The other ones is known as PokeHabitats (or something along these lines). Essentially it's an envoirnment, where your pokemon hang out, when you aren't using them for fights. You can customize it (a lot of items to collect), to give them better quality of life. the pokemon of your friends will be able to visit them (something similar was in Gen 6) and leave small gifts. Some of the prizes for using that feature include customization for your Pokemon. Don't expect anything on the level of Pikachu/Eevee from LGEP, but there are some scarves, glasses, skin patterns and other stuff. Certain Pokemon have more options than others.

Would love this, tbh.

Aside from the 18 gyms thing, nothing about that leak seems too out of the ordinary to me. Pokeball customization seems like something that would actually have appeared in the series at some point, the closest to it being the Sinnoh games. Pokemon habitats sound like hidden bases for Pokemon, another thing GF would likely do, especially letting your friend's Pokemon visit. This is less of a wishlist like in other rumors, and more of Pokemon Amie like things imo.

Difficulty levels should have been added ages ago.

The names of the games were teased ages ago and are hidden in plain sight

Welp, I must be blind then. Then there's the other obscure info like a certain someone having "cousins" becoming a thing, or PC can jump (WHO put that on a wishlist?) or "you haven't really been anywhere till you've gone home". It's obscure shit like that which makes this "leak" more plausible than the others, bc aside from 18 gyms and arguably difficulty levels no-one to my knowledge has been really asking about any of the other features. A Go! Park is also very likely too me, so I'm pinning this one down as most believable till the actual games are revealed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom