• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello y'all - new here though I have been lurking in here specifically (along with that ResetEra's thread) for about over a month now so I am jumping on the hype train now, I guess! o/

I really hope that we will at least get the title reveal for Pokemon 8th generation this week though I have my doubts, the drought is real! If we don't hear anything for this week or next week, at least... then I worry that we might not hear anything til April or May thus driving the majority of Pokemon fans insane, myself included. xD

I just have several wishes I'd like to see happens for 8th generation though!

1. ENOUGH with Gen1/Kanto pandering, it was bad enough with Gen6 and Gen7 games yet they threw LGPE at us last year which made it worse.

2. Not too picky about the new region, however, I don't want to see it be super linear what what they did for Sun/Moon.

3. Not counting the legendaries/mythicals/UBs, I'd like to see around 100 new Pokemon including some new cross-generation evolutions.

4. I'd like to see the return of gyms and maybe have little more than 8 gyms!

5. Some new typing for Pokemon, give me Normal/Ghost and Ice/Poison Pokemon please!

I'm looking forward to contributing more to this thread! o/

Still hoping that they will just start adopting Pokemon Day as the official new gen reveal date... it has the most attention and it's a heck of a lot easier than waiting until Masuda knows when for a random reveal in the middle of nowhere. XD

Yes! :) The region videos that they have created, and their timetable, are very specific! Unlike last year they are also counting up rather than down!

Everyone who is working together for Pokemon Day, and Gen 8, would not want to be interpreted as being misleading to fans, even if the idea to post the videos on that schedule in and of itself is good, and wouldn't need to relate to revealing a new region. They might have perhaps decided to share these videos beginning on Pokemon Day instead!

It is actually perfectly reasonable to expect Pokemon news about a new generation early in the year, unlike Gen 1-Gen 5, the Gen 6 and Gen 7 games were released worldwide, so it made perfect sense for the first games in a generation to be announced early.

Still nobody responded. Aren't we going to get a new figure in March that is supposedly a new Pokémon according to Pokeshopper? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, I'm not certain of the games launching in November. They could be October too. But November is most likely by far.
Including October, then, we can include XY's announcement date in January, which wasn't based on an anniversary.
Sun/Moon I think were revealed early because:
A) 20th Anniversary of Pokemon was on that year, so it would fit to announce the game on that day.
B) The preceding year, 2015, had no mainline pokemon game, so they didnt have to worry about cutting the game's legs short.

And that's a fair interpretation. My point was just that it wasn't fair of Joseph to say that it was total BS for people to think that newer generations tend to be announced early. (especially not when it involved flat-out ignoring previous release times) We're in an odd spot right now, because all of these new generations came after a break year in the main series. (Save for DP, which were announced in the same year that Emerald released, but that's over a decade ago) We can't say for sure whether their early announcement date is because they were after a break year or because they're a new generation, because this is the first time we have a new generation coming right after another main series game. There's no way to prove that earlier release times are based on new generations or break years, and they're both logical interpretations based on past events and reasoning.

I believe so- I've got it marked in my date list, but Paul hasn't made mention of it recently that I know of, so I've been starting to question it. =/

When exactly do you have it listed in your date list? And is it possible for us to see it? I think it’d be a good idea for us to see a timeline of potential reveals, so that we know when it’s reasonable to get hyped for

When exactly do you have it listed in your date list? And is it possible for us to see it? I think it’d be a good idea for us to see a timeline of potential reveals, so that we know when it’s reasonable to get hyped for
Oh it's linked in my signature, but I'll quote it here too-
Figured I'd just round up our potential news dates again, for the sake of keeping track of them...

February
March
April
  • Early April - (Tentative) Third trailer expected for Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution
  • April 10-15 - CoroCoro leak
May
June
July
  • July 4-7 - Japan Expo
  • July 10-15 - CoroCoro leak
  • July 12 - Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution premieres
August
  • August 7-11 - CoroCoro leak
  • August 16-18 - Pokemon World Championships
  • August 21-24 - Gamescom
Let me know if I'm missing anything so I can add it in! I'm gonna link it in my signature and try to keep it updated as dates get mentioned.
No specific date for the figure, but I've got the video linked where it was mentioned.

Oh it's linked in my signature, but I'll quote it here too-

No specific date for the figure, but I've got the video linked where it was mentioned.

Thanks for that, I appreciate your effort :) I usually use BMGf on my mobile, so I don’t see signatures.

I think Paul mentioned on twitter that the Bandai figure due for reveal on Wednesday was probably Armour Mewtwo, not sure about the Takara Tomy one.

If the March figure is a new Pokémon by western standards (Japan uses the term “new Pokémon” for alt forms like Sky Shaymin or Dusk Lycanroc), then early-mid March sounds reasonable for the reveal of the Pokémon, though we may not necessarily get gen 8 revealed along with it.

Hey guys only 14 pages left till 1500. Think we will hit it by POKEMON Day?

Honestly I'm getting really nervous about Pokemon Day. I know a lot of people are going to be really disappointed if we dont see anything happen on the 26/27...

Hey guys only 14 pages left till 1500. Think we will hit it by POKEMON Day?

Honestly I'm getting really nervous about Pokemon Day. I know a lot of people are going to be really disappointed if we dont see anything happen on the 26/27...
Better set down our expectations. The only possible hint we have is the countdown with the regions, and we know this kind of things may end up being nothing. Don't know, hope I'm wrong, but I have this feeling we are leaving last Pokemon Day again, seeing something that's not there. Back in 2016 we already had Magearna and the announcement of a pokemon direct for the 26th at this point. Right now we have nothing and it's definitively not promising at all.

So...what if they're planning a surprise pokemon direct?

Like they're waiting for the last minute and then they'll just post it.
Nahh. The point of a direct is to have a lot of people ready to see it, that would make the announcement less powerful.

Thanks for that, I appreciate your effort :) I usually use BMGf on my mobile, so I don’t see signatures.

I think Paul mentioned on twitter that the Bandai figure due for reveal on Wednesday was probably Armour Mewtwo, not sure about the Takara Tomy one.

If the March figure is a new Pokémon by western standards (Japan uses the term “new Pokémon” for alt forms like Sky Shaymin or Dusk Lycanroc), then early-mid March sounds reasonable for the reveal of the Pokémon, though we may not necessarily get gen 8 revealed along with it.
Ohhh I know the pain of mobile- that's why sometimes someone tells me that a date popped up and I put off editing my post until I get home from work.

Hm, though... considering they already have Armored Mewtwo presumably slotted as "Pokemon A," I don't think that we have any other known possible alt forms to be revealed. Unless it's Pikachutwo... that would be super dumb.

Better set down our expectations. The only possible hint we have is the countdown with the regions, and we know this kind of things may end up being nothing. Don't know, hope I'm wrong, but I have this feeling we are leaving last Pokemon Day again, seeing something that's not there. Back in 2016 we already had Magearna and the announcement of a pokemon direct for the 26th at this point. Right now we have nothing and it's definitively not promising at all.
We didn't have any pokemon revealed before X and Y were announced, though, and Pokemon Day is on Wednesday, so we've still got Monday and Tuesday (today and tomorrow at this point) for a Pokemon Direct announcement to drop.

Plus gotta keep in mind that today isn't a weekday and Nintendo seems to be allergic to weekends, so a Direct announcement was more likely to fall on the 25th than the 24th.

Edit: Well, "today" as in I'm in the US and the 24th ends in less than two hours, but you get the gist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom