• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like, how dare people looking forward to video games not be happy just knowing there will be two movie trailers? /s

That comment of his comes off as hella judgmental towards us. Guess what, Paul? I haven't seen a movie in near a decade. Of any kind. I'm not a movie person.

Dude's getting filed under 'assbasket' in my brain now. >->

About the movie tweet- yeeeeah. I'm going to see Detective Pikachu just to spend time with my mother because she wants to go, but I'm not particularly excited for it or the Mewtwo film. Really disappointed in Detective Pikachu's take on "realistic" pokemon (they're about as realistic as live-action Garfield) and I have my doubts about the Mewtwo film- especially if it lacks Brother My Brother, because that really added something to the English dub.

I'm moderately excited for both but the excitement is more of like a "I cant wait to see this, it'll be fun" kinda thing. I'm not necessarily fiending for pre-release news on detective pikachu, and the only extended pre-release interest I have in M22 is whether it'll end up teasing something for gen 8 or not.

I will say I've been enjoying the movies a lot more ever since I Choose You came out. That movie, & Everyone's story are some of my favorites in the series

Also, they revealed Sun and Moon at the end of the Pokken trailer, so I don't think they are worried about the main game competing with anything.

Paul is the only reason I have any hope for tomorrow. In fact, I would say Paul is the only reason I have any confidence in Pokemon Day at all. If it wasn't for his 100% comments, I would probably be looking at late March right now because of the "new pokemon" figure; among other reasons. But it worries me when he also tweets stuff like this:

View: https://twitter.com/Paulrobertryan/status/1100043416061267968

Like, hey, Paul that's great, but when you said you are 100% confident about news, you weren't just talking about movie trailers, right? Or were you? I just want to know for sure. I want to know if it's okay to get hyped or if I should just crawl in hole until the games are revealed. Like if Pokemon wants to focus on the movies on Pokemon Day this year, that's fine, but he knows that there's tons of people who don't care right? So he would know better than to pontentially mislead people like this, RIGHT?

He's gonna spin it like he talked about movie reveals. watch it.

I'm excited for Detective Pikachu, but not the Mewtwo movie. I also haven't watch a pokemon movie for more than 5 minutes since The Rise of Darkrai (well, I've watched ones older than that since, but you know what I mean), because I stopped watching the anime around that point. So the games is really most of what I care about.

That's what I'm afraid of, but I like to think that he knows better than that. XD He's not Verlis, after all. Or any other poketuber with bad character, really.
Doesn't he hide information on a private discord server that are for patrons only ? because that's verlis levels of bad IMO.

Not really ? idk if it's true or not so i'm not really judging him yet.
Well, you liked the comment from another user calling him an "asshat", then proceeded to say that if there was no trailer he wold try to spin it to make it look like he was talking about the movies this whole time, and you compared him to Verlis. That's just how it came off to me. My apologies.

Doesn't he hide information on a private discord server that are for patrons only ? because that's verlis levels of bad IMO.

he doesn't. His info is through his videos, but you can patron to access the videos earlier iirc (by like a day or two). The whole "paywall" thing was a rumor spread by Verlis and others if I'm not mistaken.

We should keep in mind Paul has stated that him thinking the reveal would come on pokemon day is still primarily his opinion, so lets not get pitchforks out if a reveal doesn't actually happen then

Well, you liked the comment from another user calling him an "asshat", then proceeded to say that if there was no trailer he wold try to spin it to make it look like he was talking about the movies this whole time, and you compared him to Verlis. That's just how it came off to me. My apologies.
Sorry if it came that way, that's just what people usually do.
they state there will be "reveals" but don't talk what kind of reveal, so it's just like they can spit it later.

Read the tiers- rewards include:
Giveaways
Exclusive artwork
Name credit in Videos
Access to early detailed data (Later revealed on YouTube)
Early access content. Full material published
Full Discord Server access and support
Assistance with queries, translations

Hardly hiding anything behind a paywall.

he doesn't. His info is through his videos, but you can patron to access the videos earlier iirc (by like a day or two). The whole "paywall" thing was a rumor spread by Verlis and others if I'm not mistaken.

We should keep in mind Paul has stated that him thinking the reveal would come on pokemon day is still primarily his opinion, so lets not get pitchforks out if a reveal doesn't actually happen then
But he said to expect something 100% this week. He seems to be a credible source that many users on this forum seem to respect. So, if there is nothing, I think people should be upset at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom