• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People trashed B2W2 as well. It's nothing new.
people seems to bash b and w in general which is a pitty seeing that i liked the more story heavy approch of them.Even Sun and moon which had one of the better stories again (safe for that bad hand holding unskipable tutorial....) was fairly bashed too for some reason.

I hope if there are new fishing mechanics that a difficulty setting would apply to them!! :)

It is interesting to consider how all forms of water and all connected activities might be expanded upon in Gen 8!!

Oh, I don't know if that would happen, but it would be interesting.

Definitely, a difficulty setting should change much more than just the levels of the monsters. For example, they should not avoid making very complex routes, and instead just add an NPC to follow, orient and heal the player at all times on those routes, in the difficulty indicated for children.

Last edited:
-Britain, Italy, Greece, Brazil or Scandinavia as the region.
My hopes are either Spain or Britain.
I don't think we will get third versions ever again, at least seeing how people trashed USUM even though they added more or less the same amount of content that other third versions do.
Nah. USUM were just a bit rushed games. No other third versions were released so closely after the original pair of games.

Last edited:
My hopes for tomorrow's direct:

-Britain, Italy, Greece, Brazil or Scandinavia as the region.
-If it's one of the first three: Space theme with references to Sinnoh.
-Gyms back. Make the later gym leader have more than 3 Pokemon.
-Make the games harder in generell.
-Big region: With the Switch having so much power and games like Mario Odyssey and Zelda BotW having such a high quality, I expect the games to have the biggest world yet. So that means 40+ routes.
-Post-Game area like in Sinnoh (5-10 routes)
-Not going to happen but maybe for the third version/s: Battle Frontier. Especially if the competive gameplay (breeding, training and fighting) is similiar to Gen 6.

For the gyms, a solution would be making both gym leader and trainer pick three Pokémon from their team, with gym leader obviously having more then 3 Pokémon.

Who wants to take bets in this generations most hated and loved starters?
Every generation this happens as soon as they're revealed
Bw all hated
Xy chespin hated (screw you guys chespin js awesome)
Sm popplio was hated
Betting fire will be the most hated this gen and water will be the most loved

Also, since we're talking about what some of us want in the next games, here's my wish list:
-I want an European-based region (specifically the UK or Italy). Up until now we've had 4 regions set in Asia (all of which were based on Japanese regions), 2/3 (depending on whether you count Orre or not (which I do)) set in North America (and, again, all of them were based on a single country (USA)'s regions/CITIES!) and only one based on an European country. I know Africa, South America and Australia/Oceania still haven't been touched, but as an European, I know that an Italian/Britanic/German/Spanish region would not only provide some diversity in terms of culture/locations/wildlife, but it would also be a great way to tie in/expand on some lore previously established in Kalos (since, in the past, these countries have had some conflicts with France);
-I want regional variants to return (and, no, I don't want just the Alolan Forms). It was a cool concept that they introduced in Gen 7 (since the idea was to put the spotlight on the less... popular Pokémon), but the way they restricted themselves to a few Gen 1 Pokémon really screwed some of the other 'mons that really needed a better form and more exposure (plus the fact that there weren't that many really left me wanting more). It's a concept that should really be revisited. And, besides, if the UK/Italy rumors turn out to be true, this mechanic would work especially well (since both countries have been colonial empires in the past, which could tie into how species from past regions have made their way into the new region and why they had to adapt to it);
-More Mega Evolutions. Especially for Pokémon that really need one;
-Walking Pokémon. Nothing more needs to be said;
-Implement a difficulty setting already. I know Game Freak is afraid some of the younger audience might not get how to play Pokémon, but come on guys. These games aren't for toddlers. You don't need to hold our hands every 2 seconds. So why not introduce a higher difficulty for the more experienced/older players? That would basically solve both problems;
-I wouldn't mind if seasons made a return, since I'm sure the Switch could handle it;
-Have some new types of Pokéballs. I was really disappointed with Gen 5 and Gen 7 for having only 1 new design each (and Kalos was even worse, since they gave us nothing in XY);
-More gender-differences in Pokémon. I don't care how many, just give us more (since it made some of the species of Pokémon to feel more unique);
-Pokémon Amie/Refresh/Play should make a return for sure, since it makes your team feel more alive;
-Add more TMs. I think it's about time to jump to either to 125 or 150 TMs (since it would make for more versatility);
-Have a second region in the postgame (especially if the new region is an European one, since Kalos could use it);

There's probably more I'd like, but I'm too tired to think about them...

Bw all hated
Sm popplio was hated
Actually, Snivy was the most loved out of the BW starters, while Oshawott became the favorite by the end of Gen 5.

Bw all hated
Sm popplio was hated
I'm betting Water most hated, Fire most loved. People like breaking away from the bipedal Fire/Fighting, and I've got a feeling this one's going to be even further from it than our last two were. Water starters, on the other hand, keep getting weird amounts of hate.

If Pierce from the anime ever makes a return, he should be the leader of the new generation's villainous organization. Pierce's very last appearance to date was in "A Venipede Stampede".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom