• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or Pokken old style Pokemon Stadium type of game.

There is a shortage on games where your choices actually matter. At least, non-indie games.

Unrelated: I'm willing to bet that part of the direct is just gonna be some pokken dlc or something.
I would be ok with pokken dlc tbh, there's an empty slot on the select screen and it annoys me.

I would be ok with pokken dlc tbh, there's an empty slot on the select screen and it annoys me.
Well, at least you didn't hear about anyone getting cut. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale got two characters confirmed and a cut stage. The stage and one character were later leaked through the artists that worked in the game, and the other character was confirmed by that game series's developer. It was sincerely better to not know.

Eh, I don't know that he knows anything more than that a portion of the fanbase has high expectations and will bitch if they're not met.
No, it's different imo. He never takes position unless he knows something for sure and that's basically because people (who have nothing better to do) will destroy him if he's wrong. We don't know what the game will look like, it could be huge for what we know (and clearly it won't). But more than people possibly being disappointed, he is like saying "I know people will be disappointed because it's a normal pokemon game". No need to make that statement otherwise, it does not change anything.

That actually sounds cool...but I'm pretty sure the PMD series is dead and buried :cry:
I dunno... last game was 2015. Switch was unveiled in 2016. Wouldn't be hard to imagine that they may have put off releasing another title in favor of joining Gen 8 on the Switch.

No, it's different imo. He never takes position unless he knows something for sure and that's basically because people (who have nothing better to do) will destroy him if he's wrong. We don't know what the game will look like, it could be huge for what we know (and clearly it won't). But more than people possibly being disappointed, he is like saying "I know people will be disappointed because it's a normal pokemon game". No need to make that statement otherwise, it does not change anything.
It's kind of a safe bet, though- Pokemon will never live up to high expectations. People want Pokemon Breath of the Wild and I think we all know that that isn't happening without needing any insider information to back it up.

I don't get it.

What else would it be but a normal pokemon game? Isn't that kind of what we're gunning for here?

yeah I don't think Joe was saying that based on information.

Ever since gen 8 was announced he's been advocating that gen 8 would be more in line with the typical generational leap we get, rather than some massive overhaul

I dunno... last game was 2015. Switch was unveiled in 2016. Wouldn't be hard to imagine that they may have put off releasing another title in favor of joining Gen 8 on the Switch.

It's kind of a safe bet, though- Pokemon will never live up to high expectations. People want Pokemon Breath of the Wild and I think we all know that that isn't happening without insider information to back it up.
The problem now is that we kinda have that. King Zell used "Breath of the wild" and "Pokemon" in the same sentence and all the fans assumed that being at the level of Breath of the wild meant that it would be Pokemon breath of the wild, which is different....

The problem now is that we kinda have that. King Zell used "Breath of the wild" and "Pokemon" in the same sentence and all the fans assumed that being at level of Breath of the wild meant that it would be Pokemon breath of the wild, which is different....
See? That's exactly the problem right there. That's the expectation that has been set up for a lot of people.

I think there's also a good portion of the fanbase (or non-fanbase?) that hates Pokemon games being Pokemon games and will judge that it's just more of the same thing, and Joe may be picking on those people too. XD

See? That's exactly the problem right there. That's the expectation that has been set up for a lot of people.
But not being open world doesn't mean that the game is not at the level of BOTW (from what King Zell said), these games are promoted among people who work at Nintendo as the BOTW of Pokemon. This and what Joe says cannot really fit together...am I wrong?

I don't get it.

What else would it be but a normal pokemon game? Isn't that kind of what we're gunning for here?
There's only two options for the answer: either the game will massively overhaul the game's mechanics or it will be in the style of Let's Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom