• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that's for sure gonna be changed for the worse is mount coronet. I loved it in DPP, but they're inevitibly gonna make it easier to navigate in the remakes, which is too bad.

So I have been thinking about the order of remakes, if Game Freak is doing them in the same order from which the first remakes and games that didn't receive remakes yet are released, then a traditional Gen 4 remake is next, since HGSS were released after Platinum.

I don't think that the Gen 4 remakes would introduce new megas or new signature Z-Moves. I think that the Gen 4 remakes will use Gen 8's gimmick (assuming that Gen 4 is remade in Gen 8).

I would hate this.

One thing that's for sure gonna be changed for the worse is mount coronet. I loved it in DPP, but they're inevitibly gonna make it easier to navigate in the remakes, which is too bad.

God I hope not. Last thing Sinnoh needs is to be dumbed down like every region since then. Mt. Coronet is fine, it's supposed to be a sprawling cave system. The only thing that really needs changing in the overworld is for them to replace HMs with riding/following. Anything beyond that and adding new areas would be a destructive change for the region.

God I hope not. Last thing Sinnoh needs is to be dumbed down like every region since then. Mt. Coronet is fine, it's supposed to be a sprawling cave system. The only thing that really needs changing in the overworld is for them to replace HMs with riding/following. Anything beyond that and adding new areas would be a destructive change for the region.

Agreed. I'd even be okay with beefing up the routes/caves to be more expansive and kill some dead space. Bigger, longer, more interesting, more opportunities for alternate encounters, gimme more. Sinnoh was a great region as it was and the general simplification of regions which has followed has never lived up to it.

I hope we can buck the trends of traditional remakes in the future with sequels to previous games that celebrate the original games but also makes it more realized that before. Pokemon can be a three pillar system like this.

-New Game that introduces new Pokemon and Regions
-A direct Sequel or even a prequel to an older title rather than a 1:1 remake (you can play off time jump in the titles Future Diamond/Foresight Pearl)
-Let's Go can take over the remake category, with both a nostalgia trip and simplified/more accessible gameplay

Edit: technically the wrong thread but it can apply here too.

I hope we can buck the trends of traditional remakes in the future with sequels to previous games that celebrate the original games but also makes it more realized that before. Pokemon can be a three pillar system like this.

-New Game that introduces new Pokemon and Regions
-A direct Sequel or even a prequel to an older title rather than a 1:1 remake (you can play off time jump in the titles Future Diamond/Foresight Pearl)
-Let's Go can take over the remake category, with both a nostalgia trip and simplified/more accessible gameplay

Edit: technically the wrong thread but it can apply here too.
I think that there will still be traditional remakes.

I'll very much prefer sequels/prequels as I would rather see growth in the region. Straight up remakes can be given the simplified Let's Go treatment.

Let LGPE be the re-remake games.

Let LGPE die a horrible, fiery death.

The "Altered Genesis" trademark from the other day reminded me of Arceus and Gen 4, so I still hope we get remakes in the coming years.

This statement in no way infers that I believe that "Altered Genesis" has anything to do with Gen 4 or Arceus. This is just a statement.

Last edited:

The "Altered Genesis" trademark from the other day reminded me of Arceus and Gen 4, so I still hope we get remakes in the coming years.
"Altered Genesis" is most likely a TCG set. I also don't think that Let's Go will completely replace traditional remakes.

It’s confirmed to not be game related. Nothing in the listing mentions games, and apparently it’s been around since 2001-2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom