• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously?
Everyone in the end of a leak season in the end basks in the hype and it is usually never cared who was on which 'side'. The community is in it together.

Never mind that gloating is actually against the rules here if I'm not mistaken.

Unrelated: The forums arent down and slow (atleast not as much as previous seasons!) kudos to the behind the scenes working team and the mods for bearing with us for 2 (?) long threads!
Congrats and a thank you to @Pyrax and all the other mods!
I mean those that think the next region is based on the UK that is shunned from speaking for so long.

Already planning to get both. As usual. Because I enjoy the games.

Reminds me, I need to go back to working on my fanfic...

Look at 00:27. The female trainer is litterally sneaking into pikachu as if she sees it (kinda like dexnav), this may mean they simply cut the overworld pokemon from the trailer...but when pikachu appears it is covered in shadow like past pokemon encounters...so I really don't know.

So someone named James Turner was in charge of the designs and that right there should have given away where the region was going to be. Turner is British, so of course he would have a bias. Where the new region was going to be was under our nose the entire time. Also, did anyone notice Hadrian's Wall on the map?

So someone named James Turner was in charge of the designs and that right there should have given away where the region was going to be. Turner is British, so of course he would have a bias. Where the new region was going to be was under our nose the entire time. Also, did anyone notice Hadrian's Wall on the map?
James Turner has drawn multiple pokemon for GF since Gen V though.

Turner has been working with GameFreak since the Black and White days. The first Westerner to work for the company. Several of his designs have been in previous games including the Phantump line

Can someone from England tell me why the trainers backpacks are so firkin' huge?

In all honesty, I am a little disappointed the region is in the U.K., but on the bright side, it does look really beautiful.

I feel much the same way (Well, it isn't the UK, so much as mainland Britain). But I've said it before, and it's fair to repeat - Game Freak usually do a good job of doing more than just reproducing Japanese pop stereotypes. Whether I'll get this game will have nothing to do with the region, but if I do, I'll keep an open mind

There's this leak from some time ago.

Armor might be a thing, especially considering the titles are literally Sword and Shield. And since movies hint at the next games, and armored mewtwo is in the next one...

Attachments

• 1551277358564.png
    1551277358564.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 127
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom