• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if armor will be the new mechanic for this generation.
The mechanics would have been inserted somewhere around the Japanese logos, but this time we have nothing. It makes me think maybe we won't be getting an exclusive mechanic in this generation.

Revisiting the Sword and Shield rumor that popped up way back
when, for obvious reasons. I will spoiler tag:

-Games are known as Pokemon Sword (Pocket Monsters Ken) and Pokemon Shield(Pocket Monsters Tate.)

-Region is based on England (specifically London)

-120 new Pokemon

-Announcement trailer on 2/12/19

Trailer date aside, they were obviously correct. I could definitely see them doing 120 Pokemon this gen. New hardware, more space, etc.

Revisiting the Sword and Shield rumor that popped up way back
when, for obvious reasons. I will spoiler tag:

-Games are known as Pokemon Sword (Pocket Monsters Ken) and Pokemon Shield(Pocket Monsters Tate.)

-Region is based on England (specifically London)

-120 new Pokemon

-Announcement trailer on 2/12/19
Although it got the reveal date wrong, the first and second points are true.

so what do we think of the building on the right:

9.jpg

Fully-scaled complex with multiple rooms, or a box with a glorified exterior just like SM's buildings?

Negativity aside for a moment, I do think the region map looks fun
There wouldn't be much to that area if you couldn't go inside to at least the lobby and a few rooms.

Besides "boxes with a glorified exterior" have always existed. Just look at Gen II Goldenrod.

The mechanics would have been inserted somewhere around the Japanese logos, but this time we have nothing. It makes me think maybe we won't be getting an exclusive mechanic in this generation.

There’s a spinning Pokeball kind of thing which is half red, half blue with a red and a blue streak in the Japanese logos.

Would give another reason for them shutting down Insurgence xD
Wouldn't surprise me if Insurgence gets shut down eventually. Heck, if they can shut down Pixelmon, then Insurgence definitely isn't safe.

Looking at the map again. I don't think it'll be as linear as people think. Look at the gym distribution (If those dome things are gyms). Dunno why but there doesn't seem any order to approach the cities. Maybe, just maybe you might have some freedom there. Another thing which makes me doubt the linear thing is the location of the big city (Lumiose/Castellia) which seems to be at the very end of the map which is surprising because I doubt we'll be visiting it that late.

The backpack is pretty typical for longer hikes, also fits in with the rural part.
I don’t think it has any other purpose just due to its appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom