• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Starters Discussion

Which starter do you like?

• Grookey

Votes: 40 16.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • Sobble

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • All of them!

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters
Here's what I think their themes will end up being

Grookey: Rock star/Musician
Scorbunny: Sports player
Sobble: ?

Not sure on Sobble at the moment

I like them all, so I'll probably wait for final evos to decide.

On that topic, here're my guesses for their final form right now:

• Grookey: Grass/Steel. From the trailer there seems to be a focus on it using tools, so steel feels kinda right.
  • Scorbunny: Fire/Electric. Lagomorphs are pretty close to rodents, and this one in particular shares a couple similarities with the electric rodents from other gens. Also Electric always felt like it was the most speed-focused one.
  • Sobble: Water/Fighting. Getting strong "wimp becomes stronk" trop vibes from this one. No other reasons.
EDIT: Looking back at the trailer I didn't even realize the grass grow back after Grookey was hitting a rock with its stick, so it might as well be something like fairy.

The water and grass ones take my interest thus far.

The fire one looks really off.

Badgers/Echidnas aren't rats! I'm not looking forward to hearing otherwise for another three years. Also is Cyndiquil is mouse then Blastoise is a Shellfish.
Pikachu also doesn't look like a mouse, still is a mouse pokémon xD also, how dare game freak take liberties and show creativity in their own creations! But whatever I guess, I personally think the zodiac theory is pretty much 100 percent confirmed and the deniers are just being anti for the sake of it, but you do you.

Look up Blastoise's species name. It's one big ass liberty.

Hopefully the thing isn't Bipedal when fully evolved but, I'm not holding my breath.

I don’t particularly like the base stages compared to other starter trios, but I’ll eagerly wait for their evolutions as Scorbunny is literally wish fulfilment for me.

I asked for a speedy starter and a fire/electric type. It is already the former and is likely to become the latter.

I was all for a bunny starter, but Scorbunny is not really working for me. It's cute and I like the colours, but it's not appealing enough for me. Maybe I was spoiled by a fakemon/leak bunny starter that I consider to have a vastly superior design.

I'm #TeamSobble. It's adorable, I like its gimmick and I love its apparent personality. The starters' evolutions might change my mind in the future and might lead me into picking a different starter but until then, Sobble all the way! It's quickly becoming one of my favourite first stage starters.

Badgers/Echidnas aren't rats! I'm not looking forward to hearing otherwise for another three years. Also is Cyndiquil is mouse then Blastoise is a Shellfish.

To be fair Cyndaquil's pokedex entry classifies it as the "fire mouse Pokemon" so at least in the pokeverse it is a mouse.

As for the starters as a whole I like them a lot but I'm leaning more towards Scorbunny right now with Grookey being a close second just because of my love for monkeys. I'm loving the idea of Scorbunny having soccer/futbol influences and who make sense since it looks to be the speedy starter of the bunch.

I like them all, so I'll probably wait for final evos to decide.

On that topic, here're my guesses for their final form right now:

• Grookey: Grass/Steel. From the trailer there seems to be a focus on it using tools, so steel feels kinda right.
  • Scorbunny: Fire/Electric. Lagomorphs are pretty close to rodents, and this one in particular shares a couple similarities with the electric rodents from other gens. Also Electric always felt like it was the most speed-focused one.
  • Sobble: Water/Fighting. Getting strong "wimp becomes stronk" trop vibes from this one. No other reasons.
EDIT: Looking back at the trailer I didn't even realize the grass grow back after Grookey was hitting a rock with its stick, so it might as well be something like fairy.

I didn't notice that either but that is an interesting detail. Perhaps the stick on Grookey's head will act as some sort of wand?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom