• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Villain Team Speculation

SammyW27

Reaction score
What could their name be, and what letter will they stylize? What could their motives be? What's their theme?

Since Galar is based on the UK, I'm thinking some kind of barbarian theme for them. I also think they could be a street gang, but we just had that with Team Skull. Perhaps evil wizards or Druids?

Last edited:
We had a space-themed team (Galactic), environmental teams (Magma and Aqua), knights (BW1 Plasma), scientists, whatever Team Flare is supposed to be, and gangsters/yakuza (Rocket) and street gangs. (Skull.) I hope we get something more on the mystical side this time, like robe-wearing cultists, ghosts, wizards or something.

EDIT: ACTUALLY MAYBE GHOSTS WOULD BE A BAD IDEA.

Plasma "possibly" may have been the most fitting but also the most boringly obvious. Their theme was also more "extremism of ideas and intolerance" than just Monarchy specifically.

Brexit as a subject won't be touched less its an easter egg they could get away with. Considering the Wolves who I think may be based upon Romulus & Remus, perhaps a War of the Roses type scenario? (Team Tudor/Lancaster) Pretty historical, and I could see GF adapting the story based upon version exclusive lines.

I’m leaning towards another well intentioned extremist team kind of like Team Flare. Maybe an environmentalist group that struggles with the rapid industrialization the region has gone through, or perhaps a radical movement that wants to preserve the Galar region’s history & heritage by purging all who are not from the region or of the proper descent.

Brexit as a subject won't be touched less its an easter egg they could get away with.

While I agree that it won’t be explicitly mentioned, I still think it’s possible that some of the underlying issues that led to the vote could be touched on in the whole “tradition vs innovation” theme that looks to be confirmed from the trailer. GameFreak hasn’t shied away from exploring pretty serious real life issues in recent Gens.

I think that the villainous team will use different strategies depending on version, with them focusing on offense in Sword and on defense in Shield.

A knight theme would still work. Wasn't that chivalrous and honourable side of Team Plasma ultimately built upon a foundation of lies from Ghetsis? We still haven't had an antagonist team that truly follows the theme after all, I believe.

There has to be a detective figure in the region either as an antagonist or a recurring helper. And no, I'm not talking about Looker.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom