• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Starters Discussion

Which starter do you like?

• Grookey

Votes: 40 16.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • Sobble

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • All of them!

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters
If the theme is that loose does it really exist? Also @Chimchar15 Blastoise is the shellfish Pokémon in the Pokédex that was my point. Also they are ancient versions of pretty much every animal so the grass type theory doesn't really pan out.

I feel like the Starters are little too round but, very few new Pokémon looked like Pokémon to me before the games were out or almost out.

Last edited:
my thoughts:

Grookey will be either Grass/Rock, Grass/Dark, or Grass/Psychic
Scorbunny will either be Fire/Fairy, Fire/Ground, or Fire/Ice
Sobble will either be Water/Poison, Water/Ghost, or Water/Fighting

I'm not super hot on these guys, but for what it's worth:

Grookey/Sobble tied

then Scorbunny distantly behind both of them

They all look pretty cool. I am really interested in what the evolutions look like because that is how I will choose my starter.

Type Guesses

GROOKEY-I can see this little guy being a grass/fighting. A Martial Arts dude with a Staff weapon; or just a monkey who flings his stick and mud with the typing of grass/ground. Sinnoh Remakes are coming after Galar with a grass/ground starter already so i hope grass/ground is unlikely for Sword/Shield.
SCORBUNNY- i am going with Fire/fighting because of the long trend of the fire type having the secondary Fighting type. I think that it has more of a sports feel to it than a fighting feel but in the case they break the trend, I am going with Fire/electric. Hoping for a trend break here.
SOBBLE- water/ghost I feel VERY confident in this. His ability that has been shown reminds me alot of Vaporeon. (His tail was coming back from being invisible when walking out of the fountain in the trailer)
Summary, I'm going with:
~~~~
Grass/Fighting
Fire/Electric
Water/Ghost

#TeamSobble

Not to be that guy...but do we really need another rabbit?

Edit: heck do we need another Monkey?

Last edited:
Not to be that guy...but do we really need another rabbit?

Edit: heck do we need another Monkey?

yeah i am not a monkey fan to begin with, so i wasn't really thrilled to see another monkey (im a lemur person) described by the pokemon website as a chimp... but it is pretty cute.

Type Guesses

SCORBUNNY- i am going with Fire/fighting because of the long trend of the fire type having the secondary Fighting type. I think that it has more of a sports feel to it than a fighting feel but in the case they break the trend, I am going with Fire/electric. Hoping for a trend break here.

Using your logic, isn’t Fire/Fighting unlikely for the same reason Grass/Ground is?

I think that the markings on Scorbunny look more like grounding tape than bandages. I feel like it will become Fire/Electric.

Using your logic, isn’t Fire/Fighting unlikely for the same reason Grass/Ground is?
:bulbaWave:
grass starters haven't really carried a typing trend like fire has for a long time, and even when we did have a break it was still based on a wrestler.
I still think that grookey would be better if it was based on martial arts and staff rather than a monkey who likes to fling a favoriate stick and mud. And with the complaints with repetive typings i wouldn't think they would pick grookey for grass/ground when we will be getting a remake with grass/ground.
fire/fighting is probably what it is. just opinion.

:enzap: lack of logic or not,
fire/electric grass/fighting and water/ghost
here is to hope.

I hope none of them become waifumon. Or, if we do get a waifumon, they either fix the starters' gender ratio. It's such a pain in the ass to get female starters, and I'm tired of spending hours trying to breed for a female Popplio.

I hope none of them become waifumon. Or, if we do get a waifumon, they either fix the starters' gender ratio. It's such a pain in the ass to get female starters, and I'm tired of spending hours trying to breed for a female Popplio.

twist: they all become waifumon

So far the starters look pretty interesting. Gonna wait till we're given more information down the line before making a call but since I'm holding some bias towards the bunny (whom I'll name Bucky) please DON'T be a Fire/Fighting in the end.

So far, I only slightly like the rabbit, and hopefully its final form won't disappoint me, since the last fully evolved Fire starter I really liked was Typhlosion.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom