• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Legendaries Discussion

Which was your favorite from this?

• Zacian

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Zamazenta

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Eternatus

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Meteodyna

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
The pokemon in the title images for Sword and Shield seem to hint at two very similar looking box mascot legendaries. Who are they, and what role would they play in the games?

Actually, while I first thought the two legendaries were going to be wolf-like based on the logos, it seems to be a metal snake and a wooden horse according to 4Chan. If true, snake is for sure going to be Sword, and the horse is going to be Shield, but it could be different.

I think It's still too early to tell. The graphic in the logos don't have to necessarily represent the legendaries that literally, or even at all...

If the legendaries are indeed wolves, I'd guess their types would be Fire and Ice/Water, but that is just basing it solely on the color of the logos and the wolf heads. The region also looks like Finland, moreso than the UK.

If so, the wolves could be norse mythology based on these:

If the legendaries are indeed wolves, I'd guess their types would be Fire and Ice/Water, but that is just basing it solely on the color of the logos and the wolf heads. The region also looks like Finland, moreso than the UK.

If so, the wolves could be norse mythology based on these:

There’s the Big Ben in the trailer so it’s most likely UK.

I think It's still too early to tell. The graphic in the logos don't have to necessarily represent the legendaries that literally, or even at all...
The logos from before had represented the mascot legendaries though. GF might be breaking the pattern for this game but still.

Sword/shield that points to knights and heroes, possible twin mascots, possible monarchy in pokemon...
I'm getting BW vibes here... the mascot legendaries could be like Reshiram and Zekrom.

The tale of Romulus and Remus ties into how Rome was built.

Maybe it'll be twin wolf legendaries who are tied into the creation/founding of Galar?

The logos definitely gave me the impression that we'll have some wolf-based Legendary Pokemon. That would be awesome considering wolves are one of my favorite animals. I can also see one being more offensive and the other being defensive to tie into the Sword and Shield titles of the games.

I think it's just gonna be 1 legendary this time for both version, considered the fact that the wolf head look the same on both version logos.

If it is the wolves, I wonder if they'll repeat what they did with Cosmog and have them be branches of an evolutionary line.

With the exception of Gen V, every game pair has had a red/blue dichotomy to them (albeit via some serious squinting in the case of Gold/Silver) so I wouldn't take the colors of the logos too seriously.

I, for one, am hoping for a Grass Type box legend for once. Perhaps Grass/Fairy or Grass/Dragon. The counterpart can be a Poison Type because we still need more Poison type legendaries.

With the exception of Gen V, every game pair has had a red/blue dichotomy to them (albeit via some serious squinting in the case of Gold/Silver) so I wouldn't take the colors of the logos too seriously.

I, for one, am hoping for a Grass Type box legend for once. Perhaps Grass/Fairy or Grass/Dragon. The counterpart can be a Poison Type because we still need more Poison type legendaries.
Grass type chance is slim, "sword and shield"!!!

Grass type chance is slim, "sword and shield"!!!
Wooden shields were a thing (so were wooden practice swords, for that matter.) At any rate, a Grass/Steel legendary wouldn't be a stretch.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom