• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was the Worst addition to the Games?

That's easy(for me at least);

those B100dy Island Trials from Gen 7; Good Riddance; and thank goodness they're not in Let's go Pikachu & Eevee; Nor are they in Pokemon Sword & Shield; I was never a fan of them when gen 7 started; and I Certainly don't miss them NOW; Seriously, I might be off-base when I say this; But Gyms were & are so much better than the Island trials ever could hope to be; the Pokemon Gyms never deserved to be cast aside in gen 7, until later in that generation, during the release of Let's go Pikachu & Eevee, where they have FINALLY made their triumphant return. . . and they appear to be back for Gen 8; Meaning they're not going away any time soon!!

To be fair, they made sense for Gen 7, considering Alola is a region based on culture and tradition.

They didn't even have a Pokémon League when you start your adventure, so there would be no point in Gyms.

Somebody has to come out and say it: Mega Rayquaza, that thing is broken beyond belief, there's a reason why other Mega Evolutions require a held item because if they didn't, they would be broken. Its ability negating both weather and one of its weaknesses make it even more broken.

Somebody has to come out and say it: Mega Rayquaza, that thing is broken beyond belief, there's a reason why other Mega Evolutions require a held item because if they didn't, they would be broken. Its ability negating both weather and one of its weaknesses make it even more broken.
But that's the only way it can bring the necessary Balance to negate the damage of Primal Groudon AND Primal Kyogre. . .

To be fair, they made sense for Gen 7, considering Alola is a region based on culture and tradition.

They didn't even have a Pokémon League when you start your adventure, so there would be no point in Gyms.
even so; I was never really fond of them to begin with; and I'm STILL Not; and I honestly hope they N-E-V-E-R return. . .

Definitely the Festival Plaza. I've spent a lot of time ranting about all the problems with this monstrosity, but I'll do this again for old times sake. First of all, this is so complete a downgrade from the PSS that it isn't even funny. As it's not always on, I can't have link battles or trades with anyone as they are all doing something better with their time, and that was one of the most fun parts of XY. Earning the festival coins to do anything with is just so much of a chore, and unlike Join Avenue it is really difficult to get storefronts you want or to buy the things you want. But the worst part is that the thing will ban you if your internet gives out on you, and I am basically punished for not being able to afford the best internet. It is this that singlehandedly makes Gen VII worse than Gen VI in my eyes, as the great online play gave me much more replay value than anything in Gen VII. Hell, I prefer Gen IV online play to this. And to top it all off, it has one of the most annoying songs in the entire franchise and it takes you forever to be able to change it.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom