• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Starters Discussion

Which starter do you like?

• Grookey

Votes: 40 16.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • Sobble

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • All of them!

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, I'm not a fan. Especially of Scorbunny's final evo, it looks like shit. Also, I could be mistaken, but are TWO of the final evos taking a dandy theme according to that? :lapras:

Last edited:
The Ballio guy made those, aGen 7 faker:

Would be a 10/10 design for me if those arms were less pumped up.

Oh wow, for a buff monkey, he really looks pretty cool. Its even more appealing with the leaf hair he has. Its not some boring gorilla, but has personality. The headphones and drumsticks fit nicely too, and go well with the commonly speculated music theme he supposedly has.

This gen would be great if all three final evolutions of the starters ended up as good as in Pokemon X and Y. First time for me in a Pokemon game where all three turned pickable.

I hate it when they turn out ugly, like Incineroar.

Grookey looks like it has the highest potential to turn out ugly so far. Only hope Scorbunny and Sobble turn out good.

Really not a fan of all these Grookey evos. I honestly don't think we're getting some super buff hyper-masculine looking final form. It's more likely that it's going to go the feminine route ala Delphox and Primarina IMO, and it's disappointing to see literally no decent fan concepts of such out there. The more I look at Grookey, the more I see a subtle feminine touch, much like Fennekin, Popplio, and even Snivy had, and I predicted all three of those going "girly" in their evolutions, and that's exactly how they ended up. I could of course be wrong this time, but I do think a more elegant design for Grookey's final stage would be a much fresher and more creative concept than these generic big gorillas.

Also, please don't let it end up Grass/Fighting or Grass/Ground. We already have Chesnaught and Torterra. I'm gunning for Grass/Rock personally, but I wouldn't mind anything else that hasn't already been done.

That's actually my hope as well... Not many people agree, however.
The problem is we already have enough amount of fully evolved pure Fire-type pokémon now. It should be ten or something. Why not give a chance to uncommon or nonexistent type combinations and make new pokémon more useful for options?

This final evolution of Sobble, is the first time I feel disappointed that a fake isn't an official Pokémon. It's surprisingly good.

I am not a fan of the bunny and gorilla evolutions, though.

Last edited:
If this is a generic coolmon, then I say Game Freak need to design more generic coolmons. :love:

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom