• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very good artist imo, they should get hired to design future Pokemon.

"
A coworker managed to get this for me, a list of some of the new Pokemon with names and typing. This fills in the missing gaps in my previous list, but I've yet to see them, nor do I know which ones match up with the names exactly, but here it is.

1. Meltan (Steel)
  2. Melmetal (Steel)
  3. Grookey (Grass)
  4. Groochimp (Grass)
  5. Mercurilla (Grass/Ground)
  6. Scorbunny (Fire)
  7. Hopdegg (Fire)
  8. Lagoalmorph (Fire/Electric)
  9. Sobble (Water)
  10. Drameleon (Water)
  11. Tragezardy (Water/Poison)
  12. Stoatyke (Normal)
  13. Stoaking (Normal/Grass)
  14. Finchling (Normal/Flying)
  15. Psywing (Psychic/Flying)
  16. Zench (Psychic/Flying)
  17. Lanterpillar (Bug)
  18. Cocoonut (Bug/Rock)
  19. Fulgnawra (Bug/Dragon)

1. Pupshuck (Dark/Electric)
  2. Vulpshuck (Dark/Electric)

1. Sechand (Psychic/Ghost)
  2. Minutempo (Psychic/Ghost)
  3. Grandour (Psychic/Ghost)

881. Drapole (Dragon/Ground)

1. Dooser (Dark/Fairy)
  2. Oosteed (Dark/Fairy)
  3. Ooczar (Dark/Fairy)
  4. Calibrave (Steel/Flying)
  5. Cepridwen (Steel/Rock)
  6. Umbrir (Ice/Dark) [UB]

1. Jackeron (Ghost/Steel) [UB]
  2. Smithiko (Steel/Fire)
  3. Abbacern (Electric/Psychic)
  4. Guardiva (Ground/Fairy)

Additional notes
Meltan and Melmetal are officially referred to as Gen 8 Pokemon
Ooczar is Galar's pseudo-legendary
Fulgnawra is the name of the weird bug pokemon that just got leaked today
The wolf head you see on the SwSh logos is Umbrir's head. He is revered as an icon in Galar's history, they have no idea that he is an Ultra Beast until late in the game's story
There will be more regional forms, however my coworker didn't specify which Pokemon would be getting a regional form
In regards to genwun pandering, my coworker told me that there are some notable references to Kanto here and there, like one NPC mentioning being a former member of Team Rocket, but fortunately the game doesn't really go full KANTOOOOOOOOO like many are fearing

Will be back with more info sometime soon. "

1. Grookey (Grass)
  2. Groochimp (Grass)
  3. Mercurilla (Grass/Ground)
  4. Scorbunny (Fire)
  5. Hopdegg (Fire)
  6. Lagoalmorph (Fire/Electric)
  7. Sobble (Water)
  8. Drameleon (Water)
  9. Tragezardy (Water/Poison)
Wth. This contradicts the other leak that they will be Grass/Fighting, Fire/Steel, and Water/Psychic.

This 1 is probably fake.

Edit: and it most likely is fake considering terms like "Generation 8" is not something Nintendo uses, it's a fan-made word.

The wolves on the logos are pretty much the same and I think they both represent the third legendary, which could have a different form depending on the edition.
I think it'd be a very bad design choice to make the covers of dual version primarily feature the same Pokemon, with the Pokemon that are actually different hidden.
What if they're making Pokemon school supplies for the re-release of Mewtwo Strikes Back which would include licencing the likeness of armored Mewtwo to glue companies for labels.

Pokemon glue existed in the 90s after all.
Giovanni's gonna make a special glue to put the armor on Mewtwo and that's why they needed the copyright.
Why do fakes keep promising they've got the entire game leaked already? Do they really think Game Freak's security is so terrible that the entire dex would get leaked in less than two weeks? Even SuMo, whose news season involved Game Freak telling us about dozens of Pokemon, still had some Pokemon kept secret until the last moments. And we're supposed to believe that somehow, within ten days of the game being announced, not only do they have the total number of new Pokemon leaked, they also have every dail

That alone should be enough to disprove it as fake, but just to go the extra mile, let's also point out that Meltan plays a role despite there being nothing about its connection to armor being mentioned in the game it actually debuted in, and, like prog mentioned, they claim to know about the anime's goals despite the Game Freak not working on the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom