• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe? Also I'd hold my breath on that one. That leak was way too long winded to be real. Like he was just posting ideas he liked and is passing it off as a leak. I mean come on, Meltan being important?
So you guys see what's wrong with this post?

This person tries to bring down the other person's leak, rather than bringing his up. This makes it look like as if the leaks are competing. Does someone else's falseness brings your truthness up?

So when asked if your co-worker works for Nintendo, your answer is "Maybe?"

See, that's avoiding the question.

Fire/Electric, Water/Poison, yea seems a litle farfetch'd. Wonder how your co-worker got that.

I must remind everyone that these are RUMORS, not leaks, this is like the millionth time I had to say this and it's starting to get annoying because of seeing the word "leaks" getting passed around like it isn't such a big difference than rumors. This is probably the last time I'll say this because it seems no one can tell the difference, if you want to be salty just because of something you thought was real didn't become real, be my guest, I'm done trying to keep the level of disappointment to a minimum.

So you guys see what's wrong with this post?

This person tries to bring down the other person's leak, rather than bringing his up. This makes it look like as if the leaks are competing. Does someone else's falseness brings your truthness up?

So when asked if your co-worker works for Nintendo, your answer is "Maybe?"

See, that's avoiding the question.

Fire/Electric, Water/Poison, yea seems a litle farfetch'd. Wonder how your co-worker got that.

Dude, seriously? KnightWolf is just expressing his own opinions on leaks-he has as much a right to do that as anyone else here. And he never claimed to be behind any leak, so I don't know what you're going on about with "your coworker".

I had a silly thought, but I was wondering if they could pull off voice acting for the games?

Or would you still think that's a while off yet.

The bug is obviously fake and yall have been talking about it for the last 20 pages. I'd say that's enough speculation about that "leak".

Dude, seriously? KnightWolf is just expressing his own opinions on leaks-he has as much a right to do that as anyone else here.
That is correct.

And he never claimed to be behind any leak, so I don't know what you're going on about with "your coworker".
I'll make it clear to you.

SodiumChloride posted lake A.
KnightWolf posted leak B.

When asked about leak B, KnightWolf did nothing to say about his leak B, only to bring down leak A.

That wasn't my question. I also was not even asking his opinion on leak A.

And yet, when asked about his "co-worker" if working for Nintendo or not, he avoids the question.

I been on the Internet for 19 years, I see the same pattern when people avoid the question. I wasn't attacking what he said, I was attacking what he didn't say.

Now, I'm going to add a new topic. You quoted my post before he did. There's a good chance he won't even reply to my post anymore, he'll be inclined to quote your post and reply to you, and "talk about me in 3rd person." However, if that happens, I will fault him for it, rather than you. In my experiences on the Internet, people really mess up the whole "1 conversations at a time."

That is correct.

I'll make it clear to you.

SodiumChloride posted lake A.
KnightWolf posted leak B.

When asked about leak B, KnightWolf did nothing to say about his leak B, only to bring down leak A.

That wasn't my question. I also was not even asking his opinion on leak A.

And yet, when asked about his "co-worker" if working for Nintendo or not, he avoids the question.

I been on the Internet for 19 years, I see the same pattern when people avoid the question. I wasn't attacking what he said, I was attacking what he didn't say.

Now, I'm going to add a new topic. You quoted my post before he did. There's a good chance he won't even reply to my post anymore, he'll be inclined to quote your post and reply to you, and "talk about me in 3rd person." However, if that happens, I will fault him for it, rather than you. In my experiences on the Internet, people really mess up the whole "1 conversations at a time."

And you only worked to bring down Leak B.
Wth. This contradicts the other leak that they will be Grass/Fighting, Fire/Steel, and Water/Psychic.

This 1 is probably fake.

Edit: and it most likely is fake considering terms like "Generation 8" is not something Nintendo uses, it's a fan-made word.
Nobody has to believe every leak. There's nothing wrong with someone only expressing doubt in leaks that they don't believe in.
He said that because you were doubting Leak B primarily because it contradicted Leak A. If you're basing the credibility on leaks on whether or not they contradict Leak A, you can't get mad when people respond by just talking about Leak A.

Knightwolf did answer your question.
And the other guy said "my co-worker." What is that supposed to mean, an employee from Nintendo?
And, again, Knightwolf did not write that rumor. He was sharing it to this thread. Knightwolf isn't claiming he has a coworker that shared this information with him.

I don't expect them to have voice acting in this gen specifically, but that is a good thought. That would be kind of cool. World of Final Fantasy had voice acting, and it didn't feel out of place for a Pokemon-like game. They'd need to invest in some voice actors at least at BotW level, though, to prevent it from being a memetacular disaster.

For GF, though, I get the feeling they'd start out with a sigh, word, laugh, or groan that starts off the text box, like in the Mario & Luigi games and a lot of other RPG's, and that'd be their way of testing it out.

I had a silly thought, but I was wondering if they could pull off voice acting for the games?

Or would you still think that's a while off yet.
I feel like they could put voice acting in now if they wanted to, but I'm kind of thinking they wouldn't-- I couldn't say that definitively, of course, but there's a few things that I think would make them hesitant to do it;
-I don't know how many it would wind up being, but I feel like a decent amount of people wouldn't like it. That could be solved with the option to disable it, though.
-Voice actors; I don't actually know anything about how voice acting in games works or what kind of budget they would need, so I won't say that they don't have/want to spend the money on it, but I think that maybe the Anime's existence would give them pause. Not that they'd have to do this, but I think that giving official voices to characters in the game would kind of mean that those same voices would be expected to be in the Anime as well. Now, I'm assuming that the VA's could also voice act for the Anime as well, but some might not be able to.

I wouldn't say it's an absolute "no way", and maybe they will at some point--
I don't expect them to have voice acting in this gen specifically, but that is a good thought. That would be kind of cool. World of Final Fantasy had voice acting, and it didn't feel out of place for a Pokemon-like game. They'd need to invest in some voice actors at least at BotW level, though, to prevent it from being a memetacular disaster.

For GF, though, I get the feeling they'd start out with a sigh, word, laugh, or groan that starts off the text box, like in the Mario & Luigi games and a lot of other RPG's, and that'd be their way of testing it out.
--and I think that probably if they do decide to go for it, it would be a few generations of this ^^ before anything fully acted. Just my guess, though.

And you only worked to bring down Leak B.
That's how you interpreted my post?

I guess I was not obvious enough. I was trying to ask about his leak.

SodiumChloride's leak was an image so I knew he didn't create the leak.

But KnightWolf's was a post he typed about his co-worker.

And so far, he is not answering if his co-worker is from Nintendo.

So while it did not look like I was asking a question in my 1st post, I had to re-clarify that later in case some were a little slow.

And I'll admit. He made his post minutes after SodiumChloride's post and commented, and with the timing, unless it was just a coincidence, I felt like as if he made it just to counter that, but that's fine, a lot of you believe in coincidences.

Nobody has to believe every leak. There's nothing wrong with someone only expressing doubt in leaks that they don't believe in.
Yup. That's what I've been doing.

He said that because you were doubting Leak B primarily because it contradicted Leak A.
And while you are right that his leak contradicted leak A, it wasn't the only true thing. Other factors were around too, like the whole usage of "Generation 7" or "Generation 8." Since when does Game Freak or Nintendo use those terminology? The Bulbapedia articles say those terms are fanmade in the article names, Generation_VII and so forth.

Knightwolf did answer your question.
Yes, he said "Maybe?" He sounded sarcarstic too.

And, again, Knightwolf did not write that rumor. He was sharing it to this thread. Knightwolf isn't claiming he has a coworker that shared this information with him.
True.

But are you going to address the things we actually disagree with?

That's how you interpreted my post?

I guess I was not obvious enough. I was trying to ask about his leak.

SodiumChloride's leak was an image so I knew he didn't create the leak.

But KnightWolf's was a post he typed about his co-worker.

And so far, he is not answering if his co-worker is from Nintendo.

So while it did not look like I was asking a question in my 1st post, I had to re-clarify that later in case some were a little slow.

And I'll admit. He made his post minutes after SodiumChloride's post and commented, and with the timing, unless it was just a coincidence, I felt like as if he made it just to counter that, but that's fine, a lot of you believe in coincidences.

Yup. That's what I've been doing.

And while you are right that his leak contradicted leak A, it wasn't the only true thing. Other factors were around too, like the whole usage of "Generation 7" or "Generation 8." Since when does Game Freak or Nintendo use those terminology? The Bulbapedia articles say those terms are fanmade in the article names, Generation_VII and so forth.

Yes, he said "Maybe?" He sounded sarcarstic too.

True.

But are you going to address the things we actually disagree with?
What are you even trying to prove? That Kinghtwolf and Sodiumchloride are part of some leak conspiracy?

The “coworker” thing was literally quoting a leak, not talking about Kightwolf’s coworker:
"
A coworker managed to get this for me, a list of some of the new Pokemon with names and typing. This fills in the missing gaps in my previous list, but I've yet to see them, nor do I know which ones match up with the names exactly, but here it is.

1. Meltan (Steel)
  2. Melmetal (Steel)
  3. Grookey (Grass)
  4. Groochimp (Grass)
  5. Mercurilla (Grass/Ground)
  6. Scorbunny (Fire)
  7. Hopdegg (Fire)
  8. Lagoalmorph (Fire/Electric)
  9. Sobble (Water)
  10. Drameleon (Water)
  11. Tragezardy (Water/Poison)
  12. Stoatyke (Normal)
  13. Stoaking (Normal/Grass)
  14. Finchling (Normal/Flying)
  15. Psywing (Psychic/Flying)
  16. Zench (Psychic/Flying)
  17. Lanterpillar (Bug)
  18. Cocoonut (Bug/Rock)
  19. Fulgnawra (Bug/Dragon)

1. Pupshuck (Dark/Electric)
  2. Vulpshuck (Dark/Electric)

1. Sechand (Psychic/Ghost)
  2. Minutempo (Psychic/Ghost)
  3. Grandour (Psychic/Ghost)
881. Drapole (Dragon/Ground)

1. Dooser (Dark/Fairy)
  2. Oosteed (Dark/Fairy)
  3. Ooczar (Dark/Fairy)
  4. Calibrave (Steel/Flying)
  5. Cepridwen (Steel/Rock)
  6. Umbrir (Ice/Dark) [UB]

1. Jackeron (Ghost/Steel) [UB]
  2. Smithiko (Steel/Fire)
  3. Abbacern (Electric/Psychic)
  4. Guardiva (Ground/Fairy)
Additional notes

Will be back with more info sometime soon. "
See the quotation marks?

If you're basing the credibility on leaks on whether or not they contradict Leak A, you can't get mad when people respond by just talking about Leak A.
Well that's the heart of the problem.

If someone has this issue X, are you going to be immediately direct about it? Well, for this case, the answer is eventually. But I didn't want to do it initially.

It's just like complimenting a girl straight up front or being indirect about it 1st.

By half-way getting to the issue, it's a chance to see if they even want to talk about it. And then I find out, (so far) they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom