• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guesses on the starters' final evolution types are: fire/electric (although I'm hoping fire/fairy, electric seems to fit it a bit better though), water/poison, and grass/rock

Every other generation has had either more or less Pokémon than the previous one. It’s been pretty consistent for the last 7 generations... 2 had less than 1, 3 had more than 2, 4 had less than 3, and so on.
Even assuming this pattern to be true, wouldn't that mean no more than 87 Pokemon, not 83? Gen 7 introduced 88 Pokemon.

was announced, so he was wrong about it being called King and Queen. But before that happened, he announced the legendaries as Steel/Poison and Fairy. So I seen it with my eyes.

The interesting thing is, it's all a piece of the puzzle. Which I think is constantly changing too.
King and Queen, the twitter user who called himself "the king of BS", is a piece of the puzzle?

View: https://twitter.com/PokemonKandQ/status/1098282058810572803

Even assuming this pattern to be true, wouldn't that mean no more than 87 Pokemon, not 83? Gen 7 introduced 88 Pokemon.

King and Queen, the twitter user who called himself "the king of BS", is a piece of the puzzle?

View: https://twitter.com/PokemonKandQ/status/1098282058810572803

Not to mention posted fake logos at one point claiming that he thought they were legit and that he was the only one who had them (he wasn't, someone else posted them before he did).

That guy has no info whatsoever.

Don't listen to the King and Queen guy, @NealIRC . Here are my reasons why:

He was an annoying "leaker" that treated everyone like trash, taunted GF, called himself the king of BS, insisted that King and Queen were the titles, tries to deny he made the whole thing up even when he posted that on Twitter, said that the first King/Queen logos he found were real, acts like he has info just because he got the region right and asked people for likes to release information and then backed out.

In other words, complete human trash.

Go to your profile preferences. There is an option that asks you what is your favorite Galar starter. Choose one, save, and in a while you'll get a badge that says starter fan.

It wouldn't be too late to choose if you wait until the final evolutions are revealed, would it?

This is still hardly good enough reason to have basically all the most important pokemon in the region be based on China.

PS. Oldest chinatown outside of China is in Philippines.

There is literally a Chinese Dragon tower in the middle Galar City though, which is actually one of the things that gives this particular rumor some validity for me. As for the starters, its possible that they merely put a chinese dragon for Sobble3 for typing rather than it literally being one.

In any case, it doesn't really matter since the Pokemon world has creative licence with how it interprets locations & culture of the real world. One could just as easily argue that Snivy (King Louis XIV) and Piplup (Napoleon) should have been Kalos Pokemon, but Game Freak intended them for different purposes. Same for the Swords of Justice, Kami Trio, Regi Trio, and even Gen 1 Pokemon like Zapdos. (Native American Thunderbird)

Yea 83 was just a random number.

There is also the triple digit pattern... Gen 1 had Pokémon #111, Gen 2 #222, Gen 3 #333 and so on... Gen 7 reached #777 so we can assume that Gen 8 will reach or succeed #888. You need 79 new Pokémon to reach #888.

What surprises me a lot is when people bring up armored forms and armored mewtwo...they completely forget about Type: Null.

A case against it is still the fact that just in Gen VII, we got a Pokemon with armor, and it was meant to suppress its power. Just like the Mewtwo armor. So why, one generation later, give random pokemon super powered armor forms when armor has been uses to suppress the wearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom