• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'd like to agree with this, you also have to remember that SM had two gimmicks. One was the removal of gyms and replacing them with Trials and Totem Pokemon, as well as the incorperation of Z-Moves as a battle mechanic.
Now, we know that gyms are going to be altered, as opposed to removed, this time around. However, that isn't to say that we might not see a new battle mechanic to go along with it.
It looks to me that GameFreak could be introducing two gimmicks per game. One that changes the way we see ourselves progressing through the region (participating in trials or taking on Gym "Masters") and another that changes the way we battle (Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, "Armored Forms")
Granted, I'm still hard pressed to think Armored Forms are real, at least akin to "Armored" MewTwo, but I can see something like actively changing a Pokemon from an offensive form/stance to a defensive one similar to a different leak from a few pages back.
Then again, I liked that "leak" because it claimed we'll get Sinnoh Megas and new Regional variants, so what do I know?! xD
Were trials really a gimmick though? We're talking about something that impacts the series as a whole, not just some for the sake of giving the region flare.

In that Case are the New Gym Masters really a Gimmick then?
Maybe not the gym masters, but maybe there might be a new type of battle that gyms have.

^ I think we're talking about armored pokemon as a gimmick here.
I still don't really buy that, except that Armored Mewtwo will be a promo event pokemon or something. As someone put, like Ash-Greninja

I've been thinking about the whole gym masters speculation. I don't know when we talked about it but i believe there will be no elite for in the Galar region. It will be anime like tournament. So, gym masters can be other trainers who defeated all the gyms in the region. When you beat all gyms, you became a gym master and can battle at the tournament. What do you think about it ? Is it possible that way ?

I don't know when we talked about it but i believe there will be no elite for in the Galar region.
Oh, which reminds me. You know how most pokedexes have the species in chronology of seeing them in the game? This was absolutely true for Black/White pokedex.

And assuming there is an Elite Four at the very top city of London, then Victory Road is the rocky mountain just bottom of it?

If you go just bottom-left of London, you see a dense forest with bright mushrooms in it right. Point is, that forest is pretty late in the game, right? Well in the pokedex leaks, we don't see to see any particular forest pokemon near the pseudo-legendaries. All the new grass pokemon are pretty early in the pokedex. And we're speculating that Nottingham / Sherwood Forest will be a Fairy gym.

But who knows if that mountain even is a Victory Road, otherwise it seems if we do have an Elite 4, it's right in smack dack London.

According to PokeSirena and others in the community, people associated with the mill have credible in industry Japanese sources to their claims. When one of them makes a claim, its based off direct information from someone within the industry. Similar to how to how KingZell and Emily make their claims.

It's just a waiting game at this stage to see what connects to what.

According to PokeSirena and others in the community, people associated with the mill have credible in industry Japanese sources to their claims. When one of them makes a claim, its based off direct information from someone within the industry. Similar to how to how KingZell and Emily make their claims.

It's just a waiting game at this stage to see what connects to what.
Which info did they post then?

Which info did they post then?

I havent looked into it specifically, but from browsing their twitter, It seems to be something fusion related. Thats likely what the digimon reference was connecting to. Not the armour specifically but the fact that one digimon design is a combination of two creatures.

People (4 channels...) are saying that the chinese riddler confirmed the bug/dragon as part of an evo line, and also supposedly did this:

I want to repeat, there is no clear evidence whether it was actually him or not. Even if it was, it doesn't prove the rumor with validity.

The first time I read and saw this, I was interested, but like with all rumors and "leaks", I take this with a grain of salt. There's too many Pokémon on that list I really like, which makes it more suspicious. Still I'm amused either way.

So what we have here is thus...

810: Grookey (Grass)
811: - Monkey (Grass)
812: - Martial Arts Monkey (Grass/Steel)
813: Scorbunny (Fire)
814: - Rabbit (Fire)
815: - Moon Rabbit (Fire/Fairy)
816: Sobble (Water)
817: - Basilisk Lizard (Water)
818: - Water Dragon (Water/Dragon)
819: Hamster (Normal)
820: - Hamster/Capybara (Normal/Grass)
821: Storklett (Normal/Flying)
822: - Stork (Flying)
823: Grasshopper (Bug)
824: - Grasshopper (Bug/Fighting)
825: Red Squirrel (Fire)
826: Piglet (Ground)
827: - Warthog (Ground)
828: Potato (Grass/Ground)
829: - Potato Flower (Grass/Poison)
830: Root (Grass)
831: - Snowdrop (Grass/Ice)
832: Goldfish (Water)
833: - Goldfish (Water/Psychic)
834: Puppy (Electric)
835: - Greyhound (Electric)
836: Fairy (Fairy)
837: Ant Larvae (Bug)
838: - Male Soldier Ant (Bug/Fire)
839: - Female Queen (Bug/Flying)
840: Lamb (Normal)
841: - Sheep (Steel)
842: Badger Cub (Dark/Ground
843: - Badger (Dark/Ground)
844: Stone Carving (Rock)
845: - Stone Carving (Rock/Psychic)
846: Rat (Normal/Poison)
847: Clock (Ghost)
848: - Large Clock (Ghost)
849: Manatee Calf (Water)
850: - Manatee (Water/Ground)
851: Fencer 1 (Fighting/Steel)
852: Fencer 2 (Fighting/Steel)
853: Frog (Poison/Psychic)
854: - Toad (Poison/Psychic)
855: Fossil: Sloth (Rock/Grass)
856: - Fossil: Ground Sloth (Rock/Grass)
857: Fossil: Sabre-tooth cub (Rock/Ice)
858: - Fossil: Smilodon (Rock/Ice)
859: Bat (Dark/Flying)
860: - Flying Fox (Dark/Flying)
861: Mole (Ground/Fairy)
862: - Star-Nosed Mole (Ground/Fairy)
863: Porcupine (Steel)
864: Baby Gazelle (Electric)
865: - Adult Gazelle (Electric/Fire)
866: Slug (Ground)
867: - Snail (Rock)
868: Pikaclone: Kangeroo Rat (Electric/Fighting)
869: Kimodo Dragon (Dragon/Poison)
870: Ivy (Grass)
871: - Poison Ivy (Grass/Poison)
872: - Eeveelution (Steel)
873: Ghost (Ghost)
874: - Suit of Armour (Ghost/Steel)
875: - Big Suit of Armour (Ghost/Steel)
876: Coati (Fairy/Psychic)
877: Ferret (Normal/Dark)
878: Flea (Bug)
879: Aye-Aye (Ghost/Poison)
880: Alpaca (Normal/Ice)
881: - Large Llama (Normal/Ice)
882: Narwhal (Water)
883: - Large Narwhal (Water/Fighting)
884: Robot (Steel/Electric)
885: - Large Robot (Steel/Electric)
886: Snowman (Ice)
887: - Abominable Snowman (Ice)
888: Molarch/ Thorny Devil (Ground/Fire)
889: Jowey (Normal)
890: - Kangeroo (Fighting)
891: Unicorn (Fairy) PsLg
892: Nessie (Steel/Water) PsLg
893: Dragon Egg (Dragon) PsLg
894: - Dragon (Dragon/Ice) PsLg
895: - Large Dragon (Dragon/Ice) PsLg
896: Metal Snake (Steel/Poison) Lg
897: Wooden Horse (Steel/Grass) Lg
898: Pokemon Sword Mascot (Steel/Fighting) Lg
899: Pokemon Shield Mascot (Steel/Fighting) Lg
900: Legendary 4: North Tortoise (Steel/Water) Lg
901: Legendary 4: East Dragon (Dragon/Electric) Lg
902: Legendary 4: South Phoenix (Fire/Flying) Lg
903: Legendary 4: West Tiger (Steel) Lg
904: Plague Doctor (Ghost/Poison) M
905: Giant (Fire/Ice) Lg

I see that they are going to go for the Tortoise, Dragon, Phoenix and Tiger seasons and directions for this one.

I do love how the ideas already, especially the Red Squirrel

only time will tell whether they are real or not.

Are these typings according to the rumor, or just guess work?

As for the Four Symbols mythology, of which I love the idea of, I don't agree with some of their typings regarding these supposed legendaries. Instead, I would go with the following below myself :

Dragon - Dragon/Flying, Dragon/Grass or Grass/Flying (Wood)
The Azure Dragon is representative of Wood, and Wood has the same respect as Wind/Air in the eastern system of elements.

Tortoise - Dark/Water or Water/Ice (Water)
The Black Tortoise represents Winter and Death in chinese mythology, but I can understand Steel type due to a turtle's hard shell.

Tiger - Steel/Electric (Metal)
While its correct that the Tiger represents Metal, its also known that Metal goes hand in hand with electricity in the Eastern elemental system.

That leaves only the Phoenix as the one who has the correct typing if they are fully based on their mythological counterparts.

Even if this is fake, it is fun to look at and think about. I enjoyed the video leak of that bug Pokemon, too. It’s a shame most “leakers” don’t put in some effort to make interesting leaks instead of just dumping a list on 4chan. We need to be entertained while we wait for real news. Step up your game, leakers! :lapras:

I fully agree. Even if its fake, its fun to speculate about. I'd be surprised if this was true, but most likely its not, which is a shame if so, because the list looks pretty cool, and I'm a sucker for anything that includes the Four Symbols.

I'm pretty sure that leak is false because I don't see gamefreak making a starter dragon type. They will want to keep that fire water grass combo thing, although having water/dragon would make grass neutral so I couldn't really see them doing that too much. Or did they already do something like this with empoleon?

I read that the supposed Water/Dragon evo of Sobble, could a reference to Shenlong, which when translated properly, says "Spirit Dragon". If this list is true, Sobble could still be a dragon in appearance but have a Water/Ghost typing instead. Basically it would be like Charizard, who appears as a western dragon but is Fire/Flying instead. That would prevent us from getting a powerful Water/Dragon type from a Starter.

Last edited:
SnS's ost is looking (sounding)promising

View: https://youtu.be/cimN_ReZMgc

I at least prefer it to the Kalos OST sofar, that's for sure. Honestly, XY is the only OST which I actively dislike. Every other Pokémon OST has been from great to stellar, imo.

This one in particular reminds me of Sinnoh sofar, which is a good OST. But it is too early to say.

Last edited:
The lack of Cat Pokemon and fewer Bird Pokemon makes this riddle iffy to me.

Also

Just like Zygarde's newest Forms, I think Meltan and Melmetal can be distributed in Pokemon Sword and Shield. Ash now has one, I wonder how this mysterious Gen 7 Pokemon would correlate to Gen 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom